I feel like an idiot!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nicksteele66, Nov 20, 2011.

1. nicksteele66

nicksteele66 Well-Known Member

A "freind" recently told me he didn't have money to buy his kids christmas
    presents, sooo being the nice guy I am I gave hime alot of my misb
    figures to give to his kids for xmas. I mean I gave him BIS set, gen wheeljack, rts jazz, turbo tracks, gen sunstreaker (looked high and low for him) warpath, TFTM leader optimus, animated arcee and gen thundercracker.
    I found out last evening, he sold the figures on ebay, and bought them a bunch of dollar store crap! His excuse was, "oh they'll just pull them apart and have pieces everywhere" I thought I was doing a good deed, when I could have just gone and bout $20 worth of S**T!

2. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Why did you give so much away??? How many kids does your friend?

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    One one thing explains actions like that. You're friend is into some heavy drugs.

Do not let his bad actions reflect on your good deed. You did your part and you did it well and with great intentions. Now you learned not to help this guy out again.

Also tell your friend to give you back the left over money. The point was for the kids to have a great Christmas not for him to buy more crack, and I'm talking the real crack not the plastic crack we are all addicted too.

Unfortunately it is safe to say your money is gone. I truly believe the guy is on drugs or has a gambling problem but in the end the money went to an addiction.

4. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

Some friend. Why did you give away toys that can't be found in stores? When I'm short on funds I usually check the values of what I have to see if its worth parting with. The last birthday present I gave was deluxe stealth bumblebee from the first movie

5. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Commodities is not a SURVIVAL aspect!

6. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Wow....thats low.....if it was me...i would Optimus Primed his ass....

7. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    You ARE NOT an idiot. You are a kind, generous person who a rat-weasel, snake-in-the-grass took advantage of. You deserve credit because your heart was in the right place.

I'm sorry that your so-called friend took advantage of you like that.

I am a firm believer in karma. What goes around comes around.

I just hope that his children are going to be OK in the longrun.

If they have a parent who makes horrible decisions such as this and is willing to screw people over, I hope that his children aren't on the receiving in of his greed, ignorance, and stupidity one day. (If they haven't already.)

With that said, I wish I could help you recover your stuff...I really do.

8. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    I would demand to see how much he actually sold them for and demand the different to be paid back to you if he's going to be buying dollar store crap.

9. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Mate that is a great deed and a very kind and generous thing to do for a friend and his children :) 
    It's his fault that he decided to be such a rat and sell them off, he'll get his commupance! I feel such hatred towards that guy.
    And your not an idiot, your the total opposite, you helped a friend in need, no matter of how greedy that bastard is.

10. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. OP, you're not an idiot. Your friend however....is. Sorry, but any "friend" that takes advantage of someone's kind deed like this does not realize how good of a friend they really have.

11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    It is time to ROTF his ass and remove his face...

12. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you can still help your friends kids, just not your friend.
    if he's in this situation again and his kids really seem like they need something to get them through a light holiday of sorts, wrap the presents and make it a POINT to give them directly to the kids themselves, encouraging them to rip open the packages, etc right then and there.

at least then papacrackaddict is going to have a harder time 1) ripping them away from his kids and 2) reselling kid-handled toys on the 'bay. just make sure they're given/opened directly by the kids and you should be in the clear unless daddy is really fiending for that 8ball.

13. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

That guy practically begged for a good face-ripping. Money exploiting even could be forgiven between close friends but doing so at the children's expense? Not cool.

14. nicksteele66

Yeah, I know that I am addicted to the "plastic crack" but, I can see there seems to be an unsavory intention to his actions.

15. nicksteele66

I just thought while looking at my wall of goodies, that they would be happy playing with things that I just look at and read, so yeah, not much I can do about it now.

16. nicksteele66

I am okay, other than the feeling that I was taken advantage of, I liked the figures, but, I thought they would get more use out of them than I would. I don't want them recovered, I just want them to enjoy the Crap their so called father bought, but hell a 10 and 11 year old are not gonna give a rats ass about plastic army men and other stuff that comes in plastic bags.

17. nicksteele66

Thanks, I don't want anything bad to happen to the guy, but I wish I had just thought about it longer and harder and asked myself why he was telling me about his kids christmas, should have seen through the b.s. I guess

18. nicksteele66

thanks, to all of you, i feel better about the intention and less like an idiot, and as said, should have wrapped them myself and passed them off to their mom to give to them.

19. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    You did a great thing, and you shouldn't feel bad. Your friend on the other hand is a fuckinf arsehole, and doesn't deserve to be your friend if he's being such a dick to what you've done. Ask for the money back, or tell him to return the stuff he bought. He's a bad friend, and better to have him out of your life.

20. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

You should talk to him and ask how his kids liked the so called "presents", honestly he should at least give you your money back or get something for his kids. He isn't fit enough to be a parent. My parents would never do that.