I feel like an idiot right now because... Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Oct 26, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Every have one of those moments where you realize something and feel like a complete idiot? This is a thread for those moments.

I haven't touched my PSP in months. I decide to get it out and charge it up since the battery is dead. I'm going to put a lot of videos and such on it to watch in my free time. Well I grab the end of my power cable out from under my nightstand where I keep it to charge normally. I plug it into the PSP and no light. I take the protective case off and try again nothing. I think "Well shit" I've had this PSP forever and I guess the battery just died. Now I have to buy a new one. I take the battery out and put it back in. Again nothing. I check under the nightstand. The power cord had come loose from the power strip. I plug it in and the battery is now charging. Man I feel like an idiot. But I can laugh at it.

Anyone got anything like this?

2. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

I forgot my cellphone at the school bathroom once.
    :) 

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Trying to quit smoking. I tried to put my shirt on like it was pants when I got out of the shower. Had my leg through the neckhole and was like wut the hell.

Also tried to rewind something on tv becasue I had a dvd remote in my hand.

Also just realized that I have a problem tying the word 'because'

Typed in the wrong thread a few times

4. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Last year our elective class was trying to watch a movie on one of the computers. The speakers weren't working so I tried switching out the power cords and accidentally unplugged the computer while they were watching. Oops. I plugged it back in and then the computer wouldn't work. After about 5 minutes of struggle I realized I had plugged the power strip into itself.

About a month ago I had been looking for my DS and couldn't find it. Yesterday I found it. Sitting in plain sight, on top of a stack of instructions, on my dresser.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    When I spend ages looking for the TV remote, only to realise Im holding it.

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

When I lost my sunglasses and looked for them frantically on campus for like 15 minutes, only to realize they were on my head.

I bought yogurt with a friend once, and I gave the cashier a 20 and didn't even consider the fact that I had like 17 dollars in change to get. So I walked off but my friend stopped me before I forgot. :( 

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Had fun with power cords but I will say my best is;

Forgot which TF it was but was messing with it in bed while my wife was changing and somehow out of all the things in the world I launched the missle right at her eye not meaning to.

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

once when I was little , I dreamt I was falling into a black hole. turns out i fell out of my bed..which was a bunk bed.

Once i couldn't find my car, i was about to report it stolen until i walked to the back of my house and there it was..

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Oh man, I used to lock my keys inside my car all the time. That right there makes you feel like a dumbass.

This other time while on a date I realized that I had forgotten my wallet at home. I felt like a complete jackass explaining this to my date. HAHA it was so stupid!

10. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Putting a refrigerated item in a cabinet.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

oh where do i even begin here.
    the other day i was headed out to a shoot and when i went to turn the camera on and put in the tape nothing happened. Yup no battery. had to turn around and go get one from the station.
    went to shoot my first football game last year and was told to follow the quarter back and keep my eye on the ball. i had to ask what a quarterback was.( me not so big into sports)
    constantly looking to the lighter which is usually in my hand.
    went out to a live shot and for somereason the station could not get my signal and i was only one or two miles away. after a few minutes i realized that the microwave for the mast was not on so it wasnt sending the signal. that was a bone head move.

12. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Eh, so this is gonna sound a bit nerdy (but how worse could it get) Im a really big pokemon nerd since I was a weee lad (still am but not the point) so I used to play my new pokemon pearl everyday and one day I decided... imma take it out of the gameboy and play animal crossing (not to mutch variety for the ds for me :(  ) so I put it ontop of my bookshelf on one side of the room so for months I go looking for it I even go into this creepy depression fit and one day im cleaning the apartment and I use this really nice china cabniet to hold my dvds and behind it is the tiny ass DS game... and I was like... woah... then I turned around and looked at the book case were I put it and said... mmmmmkkkaaayyy then... does that count as a stupid moment :D 

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Sure, if it made you feel stupid. LOL.

14. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Exact same thing happened to me.
    I broke my first bone! :D 

15. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    too many to list! everyday of my life I do something stupid! It'll be easier to list the non-stupid things!

by the way, sweet pic of chewie!

16. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh yeah, my gf and I shared one car for a while working at the same place. Usually I would take my lunch and take her and our kids home so that I would have the car. One night I walk out and its raining and I start walking home pissed because I didnt have the car only to get home and have to walk back to work to get it!

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I feel like an idiot for trying to get girls that I know I cannot get, and ignoring the ones I can.

18. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I can top you all, one night (I worked overnight at the time) It was raining really bad, I hadn't gotten a decent days sleep(hard to sleep during the day) in quite a while. So I was functioning on about 4 hours rest. Any way I'm working for 6 1/2 hours(short night) As I'm walking out I see that my car lights are on, the engine is running and the wipers are going. So naturally I assume some one was trying to steal my car. So I run up to it....(yes you guessed it, in my hurry to get out of the rain my sleep deprived brain left it running all night)(Door was unlocked too) It's a miracle no one stole it. ( It was a piece of junk though)(then again someone broke into it and stole my CD's the year before) I got a new car a few months later. But that stands as one of my most stupid adult moments.

My stupidest childhood moment is jumpng from the monkeybars to the pull up bars in 5th grade.(they were really far away from each other)(made it too)....(but it had rained and it was slippery) I broke my shoulder bone. There went soccer season.....But what was even more stupid was going back and doing it again when my arm had healed(amazingly enough it worked that time)

Believe it or not I teach college courses now.

19. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

I forgot my bluetooth headset at the school I work at for almost a week. Just before I ordered a new one I found it and rejoiced.

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Back when I first got Armada Hot Shot, I was trying out his Minicon gimmick. Had Jolt on the port on his back and pushed up like you're supposed to. Didn't know Hot Shot's tire cannon actually spun into the direction he's facing to fire. Well it spun and I wound up shooting myself in the eye :p