I feel bad for my neighbors kid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Jul 18, 2012.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My neighbors are good friends of my wifes and I. They have a son and daughter. The son is about 8 years old, and borderline autistic, whatever that means. Anyway, he's a fun kid (which is a huge deal seeing as how I dont usually like kids, lol),and he's a HUGE transformers fan. so for his birthday and xmas, we usually get him transformers. This year I plan on trying to find him a amazon unicron or primus.
    Anyway, the dad has been out of work for over 2 years, and the mom has only been able to find substitute teaching jobs during the school year. They are having some huge financial problems lately, to the point they are having to borrow against their 401k with a hardship loan. I have been giving some of my transformers that I don't want as much anymore, to him. Yesterday I gave him one of my kreo sets. And he was SO happy!
    I know alot of people are having troubles right now, but I haven't really known anyone that has. It kind of seems more real knowing someone going through it.

2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

That was very nice of you. Who knows, maybe we might see him on this site in the future if he really likes Transformers.

3. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    ^ that :) 

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Way to pay it forward! Keep up the good work and best of luck!

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thumbs up to you! My son is autistic (never heard of borderline autistic) and we were facing what they were as an out of work teacher that finally got disability and yes my son loves transformers. you did a nice thing and karma will pay you back two fold (in a good way)

6. Bumblebee3

Bumblebee3 Autobot

News Credits:
    PM me your address I would like to send you something to give to the little fella if that is ok with you? I believe in people being the best they can be to eachother and recently someone did something really nice for my daughter and I so I would like to pay it forward also to this child...

7. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

not trying to force my beliefs but as Jesus said the poor will always be with you, and you demonstrated your kindness and your ability to care for others. God bless you dude. and to think I missed out on amazon Unicron. not so much now.

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Faith in humanity restored. You, sir, are awesome.

9. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 Some sort of artist

You sir are a rare part of humanity

10. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Always good to see a thread like this,indeed a rare thing to find people who care about others now these days.

11. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Nice work soldier. Keep making children smile.

12. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good on ya buddy

13. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

That is amazing....so, so well done! I think a lot of us forget how great it is for a child to just get a frivolous gift, like toys. We focus on making sure they have food and clothes and then sit back and expect them to be grateful (and they usually are).

I bet that you made that kids day xxxx

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Good thing there're still people like us to know the meaning of toys haha :) 

15. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    God bless you for what you are doing.

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Wise dude. I wish more people were like this. Doing good things like this always comes back to you in some way or another. Now the kid will have a better childhood to have memories about when he's older.

17. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    way to go man- even though it's something so small it probably makes more of a difference than you can even imagine to that kid

18. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha. Thanks for the kind words. Wasn't really looking for that, but hey, it's appreciated. I think the reason I posted it is that I remember when I was a kid, my family was poor, and my parents did everything they had to to make sure my sister and I were fed, and clothed, but still managed to buy us things like toys. I remember getting transformers once in a while and they always excited me.
    Like I said, my wife and I aren't having kids. Partly because I don't have the patience for it. But our neighbors and their kids are such nice people that I don't mind their kids. LOL. So when I find deals on transformers, or have some that I don't want anymore, especially if I know im not going to make money off of them, I usually give them to him. I would rather do that, then just throw them away, when he is perfectly happy with them. Plus whenever he's over at my place, he just sits in awe of my collection.
    The mom is always so grateful too, which is nice. The other day, the ice cream truck came down the street, so the wife and I decided to get ice cream. Right then, the neighbor and her kids came home, so I asked if they wanted ice cream. She responded "I can't, I'm short on money" I told her, well I am buying. lol. she broke down in tears. At first I wasn't sure why, but she responded that she was so grateful to have friends like us because we are so nice to her kids. And the daughter, who is 5, is the cutest darned kid on the planet (I'm probably biased about that).
    For xmas this year, I wanted to go big, so I used some TUR coupons and got the son the ultimate optimus prime. He LOVED it. Made me transform it to truck mode for him, and helped the whole time. He was just all smiles that day. But it was nice to see him smiling. I guess I figure since the wife and I can, we should. I would rather see their kids smile because we bought them a toy, or took them to a movie, then have to worry about things like money.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  19. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh, it's so sad... When I was a child, it was a time just after the crash of USSR. My family had a big financial problems and couldn't buy toys for me, and I always played with toys of my older brothers. And it was cars and transformers :)  (not Hasbro's, unfortunately). I didn't understand, why my parents couldn't bought toys for me... And cried...
    Today I understand that it was a scary time. I so sorry for such kids, as I was then. It's fine, that you help this family by what you can. Now many of people need some moral support.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You are good guy and credit to humanity.