I feel bad for Flamesnort

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Mako Crab, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Catching up on my RID, & just watched the one with Flamesnort the ancient Decepticon dragon. Couldn’t help but feel a little bad for the guy: totally unaware that the war had been over, clearly not at his best, appearing sickly & even admits his own weakness. Truly believed he was fighting the good fight.

But the saddest part was we didn’t get to see what became of him after he was defeated. I had hoped for something like a moment where the Bee team catches him up on current events. Where we see Flamesnort realizing just how much he’s missed. He didn’t feel like a typical Decepticon baddy. Rather, he seems like he could be one of the few that’s kinda redeemable.

But we didn’t get to see anything. Not even a reaction shot when his planet cracker was shut down. And the wiki says he’s carter off later in a stasis pod, so I guess that really is all for him. It’s really too bad.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sidewings

Sidewings Victim Of Boredom

This is what I dislike in NRID. They focus so much on advertising that they are missing such awesome conecepts like this.
    Flamesnort is a poor guy, but I really can't take him seriously with a such a name.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, Yeah I misheard his name as FlameStorm at first and thought it was cool. Then it was FlameSnort & I was like, “Aww man.”

Though I guess there’s already an abundance of guys with “storm” in their name, & not even one with “snort.” So he wins in that department.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing I hate most about this show is that it presents concepts with great potential and completely drops them by leaving them completely unexplored. I felt the same way with Energon, but atleast things actually happened in that show.
    This character would have been great but nothing was done with him.

• Like Like x 3
  5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i feel the exact same, he is one of my fav RID cons for those reasons. I would also love a flashback story about him in the past maybe.

6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Flamesnort, like much of Season 3, was in my opinion an example of RID's formula hurting the show itself. The only new (to RID) Decepticons who weren't hi-and-get-stasis-locked characters were the Stunticons. It really felt like RID, aside from Steeljaw and his pack(s), didn't know what to do with recurring Decepticon villains, as there are few Decepticons who Bumblebee and company fought more than once. The really sad thing is that, at the end of the day, characters with the potential to be interesting like Flamesnort will be forgotten, never to be revisited again in the franchise...

7. Collectotron

Collectotron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Honestly season 3 of RID was painfully bad especially the soundwave episode the only good thing was Steeljaw