I don't want Animated to end

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Roook, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

ok. I bashed it after I saw it the first time. But here's the deal.

I am an old school G1 fanboy. I LOVED the first cartoon when it came out. I was the market for Transformers when they started out. I bought toys from the first line when they were released in stores. My parents put Wheeljack on layaway at Service Merchandise for crying outloud.

and I wasn't enthused by what Transformers turned into. Beastwars, RID, Armada, all that junk. I felt like it ripped the soul out of the whole deal. Robots that turned into animals? Pokemon influences? come on.

and when I tuned into Animated, I felt like they had killed it. They 'Teen Titaned' the Transformers. It was like Muppet Babies.

But as I've watched the show, I've really come to appreciate the fact that they are staying completely loyal to G1. Like no other show has. I've learned to love the unique style. And I've felt it has evolved and grown up. I love the characters, and I love the figures.

And just when I see this, they cancel it. :( 

2. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    It's been made official that they're cancelling it?

3. Snowcat

Snowcat RIP Hidehito Ueda

Mmm... It's called irony.

4. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    No, it's not official.

5. boris1162

boris1162 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    im gutted this is ment 2 be the last season i love the show and im very gutted thay aint makin all the toys

6. LadyHood

LadyHood Bounty Hunter

i'm praying it goes on for a lot more series..if they put out another..they'll never be able to top animated and g1 so i hope the series keeps going and yes optimus prime come into his own and maybe even leader! i'd also love to see sari grow up..only thing i truly like in i believe it was in..cybertron not sure is in the last ep to of the human kids get married it was like the last pic at the end and then the credits roled..it was either cybertron or armada..huh? anyway i'd love to see something like that happin...any other series to come out after animated is probably going to go back to that horrorable computer styling of energon and cybertron thats another reason i don't want it to end, rumor has it that their going to end animated to focuse more on the movie series..bay formers...:bay : so yeah..but hopfully that ain't true

7. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    well, we have heard news that marty isenberg was asked to clear his office at cartoon network. however, if you think about the dates on derrik j. wyatt's work, the season 3 designs were already finished by august of 2008. perhaps season 4 has already been written and the designs are already done?

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I don't want to sound pessimistic.

I hope it doesn't get canceled but that's it's being put on hiatus till those live action movies finish up their run. Anything can happen with that side of the franchise which is being made out to be The Be All End All that is.

All I know is this. You should NEVER place your eggs on one basket and expect to gain more money than before.

I'm tired of having these companies play Head Games with their consumers. While we show how devoted we are it'll never be enough.

Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I mostly stopped reading after this, but there is very little people can do to keep Animated alive. And no, online petitions will not work.

10. Autobot_Lancer

Autobot_Lancer Just call it Smokescreen

you sir are very much like me i saw one episode of TFA back when it first started and was like WTF is this. I was all about G1 and nothing else. Then I joined this forum and started reading more and mre on TFA then BAMN, I started watching the show over the past week watched all episodes on youtube and then bought 11 TFA toys this weekend. It's the best show to come out since g1, Oh and welcome aboard

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. Cause animalistic robots like Laserbeak, Ravage, Ratbat, Scorponok, the Predacons, Ramhorn and Steeljaw never existed in G1...

12. LadyK

LadyK likes to lurk...

Animated's what got me into Transformers in the first place, so I'm quite sad to hear it's ending so soon. However, I was introduced to Transformers fandom in general by an older fan and still have yet to watch all of the G1 him and what seems to be just about everyone else loves so much, so I guess I'm lucky in that there's still something TF-related to watch for a while while I await the next decent incarnation (though I'd rather like to hunt down the DVD's; I feel guilty for downloading torrents). ^^;

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am dancing on it's grave.

I don't hate, but I've had enough of it. Bring on the next thing.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THat's a problem.

You see, nothing lasts forever, except maybe G1 homages.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps it's that fact that people hated it without watching it and thus hurt its ratings. Dunno what you got 'till it's gone.

16. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    This.

As for everyone crying and weeping over the wild rumor that Animated's getting axed, I'm gonna use big, bold text and make it perfectly clear.

HASBRO HAS NOT SAID THAT ANIMATED IS OFFICIALLY CANCELED. STOP YOUR BITCHING.

17. Maer.sweden

Maer.sweden Active Member

It should be a season 4. If you think of wreckgar, never died right? why´s that if he´s not coming back again? Also swindle "escape". so he would be back he to. I assume they come back (in season 4 maybe?) it would be strange to let them live if they not are back later. Either they die and make sure they never comes back again. Or they manage and comes back later.

18. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Oh, thank you for putting it so nicely.:rolleyes: 

But glad to hear that it's not "officially" canceled yet so far.