I don't understand what's going on with the PRIME toys.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Right now we have the 1st Editions... but are they only a temp line? Unless I misunderstand, the actual line is going to be re-tooled or new molds altogether.

Why is that?

And what is this "Robots in Disguise" tagline for the PRIME line?

REVEALER Wheeljack? What does 'REVEALER' signify? I guess the same question applies to the name "POWERIZERS" Prime (and I guess what makes him so different than RID Prime).

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

-First Edition is a bunch of former Generations figures and 2 voyagers that are the preview line for Prime.

-Revealers is the new name for the deluxe class. So now is revealer, voyager, and leader.

-RID (for Prime)=Mechtech (for DOTM), that is what the revealer, voyagers, and leaders are part of.

3. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    hes talking about prime toys, theres no generations in first editions.

and i dont know what the RID tagline is suppost to signify

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, that's not true. As can be seen very clearly on all the RID packaging, Deluxes still say Deluxe and Voyagers still say Voyager.

These new Revealer & Powerizer tag-lines that are floating around are just related to the gimmicks of the figures, but they are not new size class replacements regardless of how Argos has them cataloged in their system. Revealers are somehow tied with smart phones, but I'm not sure what the hell Powerizers do yet. Most likely has something to do with them having electronics & lights.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Revealers is NOT the new name for deluxes.

I have RiD Bumblebee in front of me right now and the cardback and side of the bubble has 'deluxe' printed on it with 'revealer' nowhere to be seen. It just seems to be an error by Argos UK as they have them listed as 'revealers' in their new catalogue. No idea where they got it from. Same for 'Powerizers'. I haven't seen a voyager box in person but I believe the same thing applies.

First Editions are like a preview wave with new molds for several characters once Prime moves into RiD.

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Wrong. The First Edition deluxes WERE Generations.

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? I don't think that's correct.

I'm so confused. Why the heck don't they just call them Prime toys and be done wth it?

8. shadow panther

News Credits:
    um no they are Prime Arcee Starscream Cliffjumper and Bumblebee

9. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the three deluxe figures. (Starscream, Bumblebee, and Arcee). were originally gonna be part of the Generations line. But they ended up not being in the generations line and instead got there own preview line- with the addition of cliffjumper, the entertainment pack, and the voyagers.

10. shadow panther

News Credits:
    but they arent generations and were never released as such. making them prime not generations

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So what of these First Editions? Did HASBRO make a bunch of stuff, then decide to scrap it and start over- but sell the old stuff anyway?

12. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

But he's saying they were made and intended to be put in Generations. Once they found out they were doing a full line of Prime toys they got their own sub line before the actual Prime line.

13. shadow panther

News Credits:
    ok maybe that was the original intent, but the end of the day the packaging dont lie they are Prime, NOT Generations

14. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Even so it seems crazy to go to the expence of retooling some pretty damn good figures...the only reason I can come up with is budgeting within Hasbro...if they didn't use the budget they'd get less next time round...or something.

two voyager primes does not make sence...thats a lot of tooling especially seeing as they've been released only a number of months apart.
    Unless they've been made aware of somthing in the upcoming seasons that will allow them to do something with the Prime mould they wouldn't have been able to do with the previous one.
    Anyone else smell an upgrade on the horizon?
    It can't be just so the truck windshield is the chest, too much of a sacrifice of the rest of the figure to warrent that. Although it could mean the new voyager prime has less componants and is smaller meaning it costs less per unit and the mould is smaller and cheaper, but then they already made one mould...Gah its doing my head in

15. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Very confusing. But still I have yet to see Prime toys on the shelves, so I'm wondering if it's even worth it to track down the current figures.

16. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think what he's saying is they were originally meant to be packaged as Generations figures before Hasbro made up their minds on giving TFP it's own line.. For the longest there was something in Walmart & Targets systems about a Generations Arcee, Generations Starscream, and Generations Warpath... Only Warpath made it in the Generations line, obviously.

17. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    changing packaging in the factory is a minor thing...the decision to create a Prime line could have been made one all the figures were made and awaiting packing.

Hell its not unheard of them opening all the packaging and re packing them in new boxes.

They were designed to be part of the generations line...the cost for design, prototyping etc would have come from the generations line budget, just because they're now in Prime FE boxes doesn't change what they are

18. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    I can't see them improving on Bulkhead and the Prime looks to be better and bigger from what I can tell.
    And as much as the new Cliffjumper looks cool, he ain't got built in hand blasters

19. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

It's like the 'preview' figures that were released right before the Revenge of the Fallen waves, I imagine. - Just a handful of figures/characters released (in this case, in semi-limited quantities) in anticipation for the main line. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it came from them wanting to show off some Prime stuff to a wider audience that hadn't yet seen the show.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Oh god. This topic. Again. Today.

The first edition deluxes were originally intended to be in generations, but got shifted into their own line, which is at north american and japanese retail now.

The proper prime line, Robots in Disguise, has just hit the UK. They are entirely new molds. Unlike the generations-influenced first edition toys, the Robots in Disguise toys have line-wide gimmicks - mechtech compatible weapons for everyone, including ports on vehicle modes. mechtech weapons on voyager figures pipe light into the bodies of the robot using the weapon.

The reason the first edition toys have been replaced are because they did not fit the scale of the actual prime line, and did not support it's line-wide gimmick.

First Edition Optimus had to be replaced, due to him not including this light up mechtech weapon gimmick. Just the same as everyone in DOTM got new toys to include the new scale and gimmick.

Expect Voyager Bulkhead to be replaced as well.