I don't think Unicron was a bad idea....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by electronic456, Jul 14, 2017.

1. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Hear me out....

I know a lot of us think making Unicron the Earth is a dumb idea. Initially I never even considered Unicron to be introduced at any point in the movieverse because I considered him to be the obvious bad guy they could have chose.

Also I'm not a fan of TLK. I'm not a fan of having extra characters like Izzy, Sqweeks or the baby Dinobots just running around. I'm not a fan of the human stuff and the awkward humor that comes from it. I'm not a fan of how both Optimus and Megatron were portrayed on screen.

And I'm not a fan of seeing another Earth history lesson involving Transformers once again. But the one thing, that I think I'm lenient about is Unicron being the Earth. And this is for a couple of reasons.

For starters, we were promised an answer as to why the Transformers just drop on Earth....While Bay's storytelling was poor, I think on paper there's more than meets the eye and I sort of see the answer.

All of Cybertron's historical mcguffins have came to or have been brought to Earth. The Allspark, the Matrix, the Pillars and the Seed in addition to the staff.

The Allspark is considered the will or at least spark of Primus. While this is not stated anywhere in the movies, I like to take into consideration the connection Primus and Unicron have in the source material. Megatron also wanted to abuse the Allspark to transform Earth machinery, so what if he wanted to use the Allspark to abuse Unicron?

The next thing is the Matrix, which is something that definitely has relevance to Unicron. The one thing he fears. In addition, we have the Fallen. The Fallen had significance with Unicron in past iterations, so again things look like they can be tied together. And didn't they come to Earth looking for Energon?

Might be coincidence, you know during the forest battle Megatron says, "There is another source of Energon hidden on this planet...", I immediately thought you know... It's probably not just the sun they were planning to drain. What if the Fallen's plan was to draw out Unicron's life force which should have been called Energon.

Moving onto DOTM, what was Sentinel Prime up to? We know that he wanted to bring Cybertron close to Earth so he can use Earth's resources to rebuild Cybertron. But can this be extneded into saying that he too also knew what was beneath Earth's surface?

AOE, we saw Seeds just drop on Earth so Transformers can be made. This is where I feel it gets tricky because wouldn't they know about draining the Earth? If so, what was Quintessa up to? Was the staff even around at that time?

TLK, we saw the same kind of thing with DOTM that Cybertron is being brought to Earth. The Knights taking the staff away from Quintessa so she can't use it. And the fact Transformers for whatever reason land on Earth.

So the last thing I want to talk about is Megatron. Does he actually know about something Optimus doesn't? In the end what does it mean to all the villains attempting to destroy Earth? Do they fear Unicron's emergence and the fact that the Autobots try and prevent this because Earth has life?

Look, I'm probably gonna be hated for this. But this is me attempting to justify all the stuff that has happened. You can say TLK backed the movieverse into some corner but the movieverse had always done that to itself and strangely somehow I'm able to connect the dots albeit using some fan theory.

The movies have not explored what I wanted from TF mythology because they put their time into either action or humor that falls flat. So no one in production sees the fruit that can be harvested.....

So I don't think Unicron being the Earth was that bad of an idea....

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
  2. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    These movies would get so much credit from me if the villains trying to destroy Earth knew what they were doing. After five movies of treating the bad guys like shit, knowing they were the ones trying to get rid of an evil god would be fucking awesome.

Seriously, can you imagine? Movie 1, Megatron wants to build an army of Earth's machines so he can rip apart Unicron. Movie 2, The Fallen wants to drain Unicron of his power. Movie 3, Sentinel Prime wants to rebuild his home using Unicron's own offspring.

The Autobots aren't fighting to protect the humans, but rather planet Earth itself. They only help the humans because they help fight off the Decepticons.. And they keep Earth developed and not looking like a giant metal ball.

Optimus Prime hasn't become more insane and angry because of the loss of his comrades, but rather because every movie, the Decepticons get closer to accomplishing their goals. That's why even when humans pull shit like killing Autobots, he always ends up on humanity's team in the end.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HONESTLY..
    I think they could pull off having the cons having known about Unicron this entire time, leaving it a secret only to the Autobots. We havent seen a lot of Decepticon interaction to where they contradict it. Unicron and Sentinel most likely knew about Unicron and wanted to destroy him in their own ways. And of course, some of the con drones like Wheelie were in the dark (hence, when he said "nobody tells me nothing" while discussing the Seekers to Simmons, Sam, Mikayla, and Leo while beneath the butcher shop.)
    Jetfire probably knew, but since he had sh*t memory, that probably escaped his mind.

• Like Like x 5
  4. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Yep... What if everyone trying to destroy Earth were in reality trying to stop an evil god?

Next movie should be Optimus and Megatron sitting at a cafe in Cybertron talking....

"Optimus, I'm trying to destroy an evil god!"

"I won't let the Decepticons take over the universe...."

"But you must see, Prime. I must destroy Earth so we can save Cybertron and its people."

"I won't let you kill innocent human beings!"

"But Earth is screwed anyway, Prime....."

• Like Like x 9
  5. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Decepticon Gangster

Nitro's line about 'blowing the chance to kill Unicron' also supports this. He's a wretched foot soldier/wannabe gangster, so if anyone on the Cons' side wouldn't know about it, it'd be him.

• Like Like x 6
  6. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogie Land

News Credits:
    Also, Sentinel Prime saying "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

What if he didn't mean weighing the importance of humans or Transformers, but rather humans or the entire universe?

• Like Like x 8
  7. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, there's no way the first films were done his way intentionally, but it still totally able to fit in!
    The Fallen may have hated humans, but why? Was that even his main reason for wanting to destroy Earth's sun? Especially when there's billions of other stars to blow up? Likely, he wanted to kill Unicron by activating the Star Harvester (I am assuming there is a protective chamber within the machine to protect the Machine's users during the sun's explosion), plus, he would get tons of energon in the process. Plus, he probably hated humans because they were native to Unicron. The Primes probably did not deem Unicron a threat in his dormant state, and wanted to protect humanity and all life on Earth.
    Sentinel most likely heard of the prophecy of bringing Cybertron into Earth's orbit to destroy Unicron, and so he just tried doing it his own way (stripping Unicron of his resources to rebuild Cybertron--its a milder version of Quintessa's plan). For all we know, Quintessa, Megatron, The Fallen, and Sentinel have been in on this together the entire time and came up with various plans in case the others failed--especially in a situation this dire. Megatron would have likely known about the transformium on Earth, which is what he would have used to build his army- a new generation of transformers to help rebuild Cybertron. Megatron could have discovered this from Quintessa, which is how Megatron knew about the seed (and it was probably while Quintessa was cyberforming parts of Earth that she discovered that Earth is Unicron). It would also explain how Megatron is suddenly allied with Quintessa.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  8. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    You know,we know the movieverse is flimsy continuity that's hard to grasp.

But I can't deny the fun it actually is for me to put up stuff like this.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it comes down to this.. unicron sucks as earth because he'll never be fully realized.

Your theory or wish sounds good though.. but they're just not smart enough to have thought of it. Well, maybe they just don't care enough.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It might be an unpopular opinion but even G1 Unicron wasn't a great idea. It was like someone said hey we haven't ripped off Star Wars enough we need our own Death Star. But we don't want to be too obvious about ripping off Star Wars so instead of the super beam weapon our super sized bad guy should eat planets and transform because it is Transformers.

The only good idea I've heard is Unicron as a dark god of Transformers mythology that doesn't actually show up, perhaps one that doesn't even have a body in the material universe.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vidikron

Vidikron Active Member

I just don't understand what Unicron is even supposed to be on Earth. Why is he having to grow his horns? Why have plate tectonics moved his parts around? How is he even alive or what form is he in if tectonics can move his parts around? How does Stonehenge play a role? The stones didn't seem to actually be doing anything. Are they just a marker of sorts? Plus, Pangea is far, far, far... older than Stonehenge. So who put Stonehenge there and how did they know that was the center of the now moved horn locations? So much doesn't seem to make any sense.

12. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    This just occurred to me.

Wasn't the tagline to TLK, "Heroes become villains."?

In other words, Optimus Prime had failed to recognize that his enemies were fighting for the greater good for five movies and that he let the apocalypse approach even further. :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  13. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    I have more to say....

So that table of the 12 knights came from Cybertron. Which depicts Cybertron's arrival towards Earth.

Sentinel Prime's design is kind of knight-ish.... :sly: 

What if.... He saw that table and came to conclusion that he wanted to act out Cybertron coming to Earth and that's why he decided to make those pillars during the war?

I know these are more coincidences but man these coincidences kind of work.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

He may have been hiding his horns under the surface, and they are just coming out of it now as he's starting to wake up. Just like in Armada there the same thing happened (Unicron was disguised as a rocky moon there, until he woke up and the horns coming up was the first sign).
    About the tectonic plates; What if they are actually a part of him, and the horns has always been stuck to those? Yes, that means that Unicron is more than just the core, but there is a chance that is how it is.
    About the rest; Unknown. Probably not answered as the movies no longer is standalone, meaning; Wait for next movie/s for the answer.

15. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    I think ultimately Bay never explores these in detail which is why we say 'This doesn't make sense.' and he spends so much time elsewhere.

TF lore is not that simple.

I'm still waiting to be challenged on this. I think I've pretty much laid some good groundwork for the Cybertron prequel film which probably will try contradict what I wrote if that movie comes out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Unicron being earth and Quintessa trying to revive Cybertron at the expense of earth is the main reason this is the only TF movie so far i wanted to watch in cinema and i was not disappointed.
    And i hope they do something awesome with the concept in the sequel.

• Like Like x 3
  17. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would have been better if Unicron, instead of Cybertron, was the exoplanet coming towards Earth

• Like Like x 2
  18. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    I feel as if better or worse, Unicron was one of the best ways to describe all the nonsense that had happened on Earth.

Like does The Fallen have anything beyond hating humans because of what they are? Maybe he wanted to kill humans because they were parasites running atop of an evil god. But his brothers didn't agree with this and said 'no' because Unicron cannot do anything at that time.

But The Fallen couldn't resist the opportunity and broke the law of killing life to achieve this.

• Like Like x 6
  19. theswimmer06

theswimmer06 Well-Known Member

AOE left me an impression that Unicron was going to be this population III star like megastructure entity in the middle of the universe with control over the fabric of the universe like in G1, so when TLK showed him as Earth, I felt it was a bit of a downgrade, but I can't jump into a conclusion just yet since we're just now exploring the movie verse version of him. I'm hoping they will build up the presentation of Unicron and show him as a bigger, widerspread, and omnimous antagonist in the future with a much bigger presence over the universe and planets than just in earth.

Maybe his remnants are stuck in other planets.... Maybe the first five films are small peices of a much bigger picture

I'm not against Unicron being earth, I'm against him being ONLY earth.

GOD I wish paramount and the writers are reading this right now and shooting me an email! They have my permission to use this idea!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. JazzGambit

JazzGambit Active Member

for Unicron saga, without major changing in the current films, maybe revised dubbed and additional scene:
    if during TF1, when Simon show picture of cybertron hieroglyphic, he should also show the unicorn's horn as cameo, much better for storyline
    if during TF2, when Fallen arrived, as an ancient cybertronian he's the one who explain why Earth is the centerpoint of conflict, much better for storyline
    if during TF3, when Sentinel arrived, why Earth must be terraform (either unicron will resurrected or to be destroyed), much better for storyline

TF5, explaining this unicron retcon already 4 movie too late.