I don't think these characters are ONLY available from the stores...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I bet You can unlock them elsewhere. I mean it's stupid because people will miss out on a character because they don't want 2 copies of the game. Just look at G1 Ironhide on the ROTF game.

However, games like AvP make me think otherwise.

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    honestly a lot of games go with in game codes like Burnout Paradise city it had a lot of exclusive store content all in game codes that could be shared online and is still used today in recent games like darksiders (it even gives you an achievement).

saying that market place codes are common but typically are only found in games that have a lot of money behind them e.g. Forza 3 it had a few exclusive paint jobs for some stores each having a market place code. (don't worry if you didn't get one... their not up to much and can be made in game at the same or better quality).

as a silver lining even if they are market place codes their is always a chance they will unlock them later on e.g. Dawn of War II it patched in the DLC for every one after a few months.

personally I hope their in game codes... mostly due to no UK store carrying the content so far

3. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for this too, that the exclusive characters will be available to everyone even those who didn't pre-order or to those who play the PC version. But then again when it comes to Activision hope for the best, plan for the worst.

4. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I think what will end up happening is they will sell the charcter online threw the PSN store and you can buy it.

5. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to say, what happens to Europe? I mean really, I bet there won't be esclusives here because half of the stores don't exist here.

6. Prime Killer

Prime Killer Omega Class

Depending on how well this title sells, I can see them releasing these exclusives as DLC. In my opinion it would be a huge waste for High Moon to release them as a one time thing only.

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I could definitely see them putting it out as DLC. Hopefully.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's tough rocks. It's advertising, it's incentive to make you buy the game from that store. If they were available elsewhere, where is that incentive?

9. fallen2341

fallen2341 Well-Known Member

I agree, hopefully they'll release them in a Dlc or something

10. Shizuka

News Credits:
    It had better be free if it's only 1 character. Juganaut in Marvel UA 2 was free.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DLC would be nice, but it should be free. We know that won't be the case because of how much Activision is charging for the MW2 stuff. They're greedy bastards.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm hoping they will be buyable/free DLC later on..if the game is cool. I'll probably buying the extra characters.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Shit costs money to make, people. Don't be surprised when something you want costs money.

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    considering the preorder codes are being worded as unlock codes meaning all the content is on the disc regardless of who you got it from, if they did charge for opening up the pre-order bots they would just be charging 5 bucks for a minor peace of coding that would turn a no into a yes.... and that's kinda dickish.

I'm not saying they should give out free DLC if they really do make extra content (not just unlocking parts of the game I've all ready spent money on) then I'd be all for it

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They always use the word unlock. Even for codes that are uniquie that actually download the content. Like Batman: Arkham Asylum or Halo 3: ODST.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if you should get your hopes up. I'm aware that a few store exclusive have been made available to the general public at some point down the road, but keep in mind that all characters tied to stores are called (insert store name here) exclusive item, meaning the item can only be gotten at that store. If you want to guarantee that you get the character you want, order from the store that has it or prepare yourself for disappointment should it come.

These offers suck for those of us living abroad, as some may not have the means to snag such deals, but some places outside of North America do get similar deals if you're lucky--keep your fingers crossed.

17. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The best part about these characters is that everyone of them will exist in all copies of War For Cybertron; however, the lucky few who obtained the codes to unlock them will have access to them.

Sure things production costs money, but in all fairness those who will have paid for the game...well, paid for the game. There is no premium price being paid, here. Just a few thank yous to those who went to store x to reserve his/her copy of the game.

18. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Well, what about all the people who don't realize that the game is coming out? By the time they go 'OMFG WANT', it's too late to preorder. So there'll probably be another way to unlock them. Hopefully.

Because I want a Shockwave AND a Demolishor...

19. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

SoulCalibur had Darth Vader for PS3 and Yoda on XBox but you could eventually get the other "exclusive" character via DLC. Besides, I doubt Hasbro/Activision would say no to extra money.

20. Shizuka

News Credits:
    I bet these codes are just to get the characters early.