I don't get Legends...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I personally don't care for them, they're too small, little to no detail, or poseability. Anyone care to share what you see in them? I'm not belittling anyone, I'm just trying to understand.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    They're cute (squee!).

3. Spoon

Spoon Banned

They're awesome?

Seriously, TINY TRANSFORMERS! How is that not amazing?

4. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Universe 2.0 Legends are nice (I don't have any though) as they remind me of older styled mini-bots and the designs are simple enough to work at that scale. RotF ones however, due to the masses of detail the larger versions of those toys have, the Legends do look a bit crappy.

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'm mostly with you. I've got some of the Universe 2.0 legends as they were Minibots to begin with so I don't mind so much. For the rest of them... I'd rather have the larger versions.

I guess they're there to take advantage of the squealing "MOM I WANT OPTIMUS PRIME" kids - parents don't want to spend $40 on the leader, so here you go son, have a $3 leader.

6. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

Well, for the transfan on the go they're portable. Plus they're cute AND fit like barrettes in your hair! 8D It's like a win win win situtation!

:tongue: 

Since I prefer the bigger figures I was actually kinda wondering that myself until I got my hands on some. That's when I found out they are really quite awesome. Despite their size alot of the little Legends figures have some neat transformations and what they lack in articulation they surprisingly have in detail -- like nice headmold or sculpted hands. Which is kinda neat considering their smallness. Then there are the little things like they don't take up much room. So really they're not bad little figures to have around. ^^

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Exactly!

I can just by Legends casually. It's brill!

8. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are very fun to fiddle with and cheap. The autobots also work better in scale with some of the small decepticons like blackout. But Legends work best on G1 and animated designs. The movie and Cybertron legends were very very weak. Hasbro needs to do a better job of simplifying the designs for the big toys. For Example: Movie sideswipe was great but movie starscream was horrible.

9. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    You mean you get to cry at your mother til she buys you toys? ;) 

10. JakmanFirby

JakmanFirby The Jakman

News Credits:
    i buy every single one i can get my hands on!!

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    They're fun, that's really all that matters.;) 

12. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    I'd say they are great little TFs to fiddle around with when you are doing something else, like when you are studying, or working an assignment or whatever, to relieve yourself of the monotony.
    Playing and transforming a deluxe- or voyager-class TF would take too long, IMO and would probably distract you from what you are doing.

13. Spoon

Spoon Banned

...yes.

Stop judging me!

YOU'RE ALL JUST JEALOUS MY MUMMY BUYS ME GOOD THINGS!

14. AMG

AMG Old School

I've always been a fan of G1 mini-bots, for me Legends are the modern day version.

15. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Um, IMO, They're essentially TFs for kids. Where as Scouts can be hard for a kid to transform, Legends are the perfect size/transformation-difficulty for kids in their 1st step to eventually becoming TF-aholics. :lol 

16. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them, though I don't get too many.

To be honest, if I was a child today and into the movies I'd probably be collecting the Legends line rather than the bigger ones. Why?

Firstly, they're cheaper - meaning I could get more of them, and with the huge cast of characters, I'd want more than just a few.

Second - when I was a kid, I PLAYED with my TFs. If I have to interrupt the story I've got going to spend 20 minutes transforming one of the characters, I'm going to get fed up (the overly-complicated transformations of modern TFs is a pet hate of mine, though I understand many like them for just that reason).

For display, the bigger ones are obviously better. For play? Let's just say I wish we'd had smaller versions of the characters back in the 1980s.

I think as collectors sometimes we don't stop and think just how limiting the price of a lot of TFs are for any child that wants (at least) all the main characters.

Let's not forget there are now two types of Legends as well - those that are literally reduced-sized versions of TFs, and those (introduced via Universe) that fulfill the role of the minibots of old.

17. Starscreamer217

Starscreamer217 Banned

News Credits:
    Well, for me, first off, they're a cheap alternative to the larger toys.

Second, my first Transformer was an Animated Optimus Prime McDonalds toy(hoping to get Voyager ROTF Prime soon!), so the Legends worked perfectly(e.g. Movie Ironhide, Ratchet, ect.).

Third, they might work for clones. I use a Legends Animated Starscream as Skywarp the Coward, and Stealth Starscream from the first film as Slipstream the Femme Scream.

On another note with scale, Legends ROTF Mudflap will be perfect if you buy Supreme Devastator.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I didn't care about them either, but then I got some and I like them. Not going to collect them all, but occassionally there is a nice one that I want. :) 

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They go great with Citybots and Micromaster bases. And they bring back a lot of what I liked about the old Minibots.

Though I agree some designs don't translate as well as others. Movie Starscream, looking at you.

20. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i don't really like the legends figures as they have limited articulations. the only legends figure i have is G1 Bumblebee, he is soooo cute and fits well with my classics/henkei figures.

i am thinking about getting legends wheelie and henkei minibots as they are good updates of the G1 figures.