I dont get it

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Aug 14, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i really dont get it. why you guys says Mirage and Dino are seperate characters Or why Que and Wheeljack are seperate characters, i really dont get it. both are the same character

The Comics Refer them as Mirage and Wheeljack, The toyline refers them are Mirage and Wheeljack, The Games refers them as Mirage and Wheeljack, the Books refers them as Mirage and Wheeljack. but the filsm calsl them dino and que, but some of you guys says they cannot be the same character. im gonig to ask WHY?. the end credits at least confirms Wheeljack and que are the same guy they refer him as Wheeljack/Que in the Credits.

they are clearly intended to be the Same guysm even if they dont act or look like a Mirage or Wheeljack

other thing i dont get is if you guys dont consider Que and wheeljack as the Same character and Dino and Mirage as the Same character. then Why you guys DO Consider Devastator/Brawl from Movie 1 as the same BOT? the games, Comics, toys and Books Calls him Brawl While the Movie calls him devastator (some books and hte uk comcis calls him devastator too). But if you can consider Brawl and Devastator the same bot then why you cannont consdier Wheeljack and que and Mirage and dino as the same bots?

explain plz

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Does anyone say they're different characters? I thought people just argued over their names like RIBFIR or FIBRIR

3. dino52

dino52 Well-Known Member

well mirage is originally blue dino is red thats mine

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fan Dumb. They don't like how the characters were interpreted, so they figure it's easier to write them off as a separate character.

5. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

to me Dino and Q are just nicknames they liked :p 

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'll say what I said in my Wheeljack Accent thread:

He will still be Wheeljack to me when the DVD comes out

He will still be Wheeljack to me when I own the toy

He will still be Wheeljack to me when I do role play

Also, He will still be Wheeljack to me when I dress up as him for Halloween.:lolol 

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Ironhide was originally red.
    Ratchet was originally white.
    Wheeljack was originally white.
    Sideswipe was originally red.
    Jazz was originally white.
    Skids was originally blue.
    Arcee was originally pink.
    Jetfire was originally white.
    Wheelie was originally orange.
    Starscream was originally a much lighter gray
    Soundwave was originally blue.
    Shockwave was originally purpler.
    Scrapper/Mixmaster/Scavenger were originally green.

See the problem with this line of thinking yet?

Guys, this is Transformers as usual. Total character reinvention has been rampant since 1992 with the G2 franchise. The ferrari and blue Mercedes are are not new characters, they are reinventions of old characters placed in a new continuity family that had names changed (in only one item of fiction out of at least six) for legal reasons. The intent behind the characters is not undermined by nomenclature. Otherwise "Octane", "Straxus", and "Trailbreaker" no longer exist, which they obviously still do. This whole thing is just asinine and insane.

Shit, the movieverse version certainly have a lot more in common with G1 than Armada "Green traitor Sideswipe look-alike" Wheeljack and Energon "Retarted Boat Guy" Mirage did, and movieverse Wheeljack certainly had more in common role/personality wise than Driftjack, why don't we bitch about them too?

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Actually, I think Shockwave is still purple in the movie.

9. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I call them whatever i feel like calling them, but i know that they're the same characters just with two names that people like to use

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I said "purpler". He's very much a gunmetal purple color, almost silver.

11. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    this

12. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Way before I knew the names of any of those cars, I thought if Wheeljack was not the Einstein bot and had a different name I was going to name Wheeljack one of the Wreckers. When I thought Wheeljack or Mirage was not in the movie I was going to name the Wrecker toys

Roadbuster- Wheeljack
    Topspin- Mirage
    Leadfoot- Prowl

But since Mirage and Wheeljack have been mentioned, I decided to let my Wrecker toys keep their names.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

For the most part my disagreement with anything used in in the movie franchise is a pretty specific one. The Brawl/Devastator mix up was rectified in ROTF anyway so don't care. Dino/Mirage, whatever, It is a nice homage to his son, so it's cool.

As a fan since the inception of the franchise in America it is more a matter of a developed long term loyalty to our favorites. Something, I am sorry to say I feel fans that just joined the franchise with the movie tend to dismiss off hand as some kind of character defect for reasons I don't understand.

Never the less, my disagreement is a simple one, it was a serious disservice to any character named Wheeljack to have him die begging like a punk. Yes, my opinion is fan colored as WJ was always one of my favorites. And yes I will "Fandumb" them apart not caring one ounce what anyone has to say about it.

That being said. it really was also a disservice as an homage to the Bond Q character as well. He would also be one of the last to ever go down begging. It almost makes me sick to my stomach that it was even indirectly implied.. That whole scene thing just left a very bad taste in my mouth in general. Maybe the worst taste from the whole movie franchise.

So to sum up, as I said in the thread that generated this I will say now without reservation.
    Wheeljack would not go down begging like a punk. Wheeljack was not in that film or that franchise. Random Autobot inventor /shrug. End of story for me, anyone is free to handle it the way they desire, I will hold no ill will to them, it is their personal choice, as this is mine.

14. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Pretty sure Arcee was indeed pink, too.

15. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

It's plainly obvious who the characters were intended to be. The annoying legal trademarking bullshit is really unnecessary in a situation like that, but you don't wanna open that can of worms when that kind of money is at stake. People who try to say they're different characters are engaging in childish, stubborn nitpicking for their own personal reasons.

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I guess this whole issue stems back to the problem of anyone who delivers any kind of criticism to the films choices must be heretics and burned at the stake, even if said person enjoyed the film, saw it multiple times, and buys the toys or not...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Mirage and Wheeljack can have the nicknames Dino and Q,at best. The farther away those names stay from Transformers,the better

18. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    fixed

19. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

This aint G1 son