I don't get it

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundwave784, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in the first Transformers movie there is a line with Megatron and Prime that goes as this: "Humans don't deserve to live" then Prime replies "They deserve to choose for themselves"...
    I dunno that just kinda comes of weird. i picture a guy in the background going "what? we can choose if we deserve to live or not? if thats the case i think i do and so does everyone else... so you big robots go fight over there and im going to stay here deserving to live.."

2. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    I think you don't fully understand the 'philosophy' behind these lines, if there ever was one to it. Megatron just wants to kill all of mankind, and Prime replies by stating that not Megatron, not Prime, not anyone has the right to do this, and that the human race is an autonomous one which is intelligent enough to solve their own problems. At least that's my 2 cents. ;) 

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Humans deserve to choose for themselves how they destroy their own race. Giant alien robots landing and doing it for them takes away all the fun.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this.

5. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

My question is....

ow did Megatron gain such a dislike for humans or even know we existed when he supposedly "crash landed" 2000 years ago?? That would have been the beginning of human culture as we know it and there probably wasn't ANYONE ...in the ARTIC...explain that lol...(my goodness all the holes in the last script). He couldn't have even known about us untill he was revived in present day...but he automatically knows what to call us and that we don't deserve to live....that's what gets me thinkin....I've picked apart just about every hole in the script...there are quite a few more.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    This has been explained as Megatron actually being aware of the testing on himself while being in stasis, Megatron having a disdain for organic life and/or Megatron seeing the humans are fragile little beings that serve no purpose.

Not saying that the movie doesn't have holes in the script, but I don't think this is actually one. It's quite obvious to make at least one of these 3 out while watching and just take the one you feel most comfortable with...?

I mean..the guy practically brought his own species to near extinction for his conquest to rule the galaxy, you think he will think any good of weak creatures that seem like ants to him? :) 

7. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I just took it as Megatron didn't see humans as anything of importance. Humans where like ants to him, just something crawling around getting in the way. He couldn't understand why Prime would bother to care about them.

8. Wolfbrother

Wolfbrother Asha'man

QFT. That you Autobloke?

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

On the whole, yeah, it's not necessarily so much that Megatron actually hates humans, but that he considers us insignificant. He rarely goes out to kill humans, it just happens as a side-effect of whatever he happens to be doing, and he's good with that.

He can't imagine why Prime cares about us so much and is willing to go to the lengths he does to protect us - I daresay he'd consider it a significant waste of energy.

Although as Digilaut mentioned, he may know something about us if he was 'conscious' all that time he was frozen under the Hoover Dam. If that is the case, I can see why he might be more than a little ticked off at our species...

10. OptimusPrimal13

OptimusPrimal13 Dutch Radicon

Amen to that!

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Megatron is evil. His spiky says it all. And evil just likes to kill stuff, be it human, Transformer, or daytime telly.
    Maaaaaybe... :) 

12. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    And you never will...

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Megatron has a superior race type mentality seeing all below as ants to be stepped on. Therefore they are the rightful kings of the universe.

Prime feels all life is precious and life should have the freedom to do with itself as it pleases per individual.

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I think Optimus Prime is trying to say that humans have the right to choose whether to live or die.

15. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    I believe that prime just want humans to be able to choose...remember megatron could have jsut turned them into slaves like he wanted to with sam...megatron doesn't really leave much chance for mercy...

Of course him being prickley like a cactus says it all

16. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I get it but I think Prime's response could maybe have been worded differently, maybe like "You underestimate them Megatron" or something *shrug"