I don't get it... I just don't get it...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Shipwreck, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Spoilers? maybe?

I just read somewhere that Jason Todd came back from the dead and was the Red Hood. But then Jason strapped bombs to the Joker and asked him why Batman never killed Joker... and then Jason gives him a gun and points a gun to Jokers head and says if he doesn't kill him in three then he will...yet Batman throws a batarang and slices open Jasons neck? So he's dead and Batman killed him? Doesn't that make it seem like he went back on his world of ever crossing that line that he was trying to prove to Jason?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The full story of Jason Todd's return will be told in the Batman Annual that comes out tomorrow. I'm sure this will be addressed there.

3. j3

j3 Hampton Yount is my Crow T. Robot TFW2005 Supporter

he didn't kill Jason, he took him out of play from behind with a batarang, thus preventing Jason from killing Joker without having to shoot him in the head to do so... then the Joker tried to kill them all with a big block of explosives

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I also think this is supposed to show batman getting passed jasons death. closing off the grumpy A-hole batman and bringing back the determined dectective, Or somthing like that.

5. Shipwreck

So Jason is dead again?

6. DarkAngelPrime

DarkAngelPrime Lawful Good

I've liked Jason's return, and I gotta admit Winnick's explanation for his return was pretty cool, actually, so this isn't an indictment of him. I just wish writers would research a little more. You can't just shoot C4 and get it to explode. It requires an electrical current or blasting cap.

Oh yeah, and I doubt Jason is dead. Best guesses seem to have him running around OYL in a Nightwing costume.

7. Shipwreck

So is he a good guy now?

8. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

It wasn't. And the explanation was REALLY lame. When the comic store guy pointed out it was $5, I threw it back on the shelf.

The entire Jason Todd arc just smells of burnt rehash. I'll admit that Batman's actions, as disappointing as they were, did fit his current mental state ... but that's a point that's been beaten into the ground, especially with Infinite Crisis and Sacrifice.

-XCN-

9. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's disappointing...I was hopping the Annual was going to be good...

10. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Damn...$5...I'm going to have to seriously reconsider picking it up.