I Don't Buy It, SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by hulk23869, Feb 22, 2012.

1. hulk23869

hulk23869 Well-Known Member

I don't buy the fact that Unicron is Earth. The Autobots and Decepticons clearly know who Unicron is, even though Unicron has supposedly been missing from existence for over 4.5 billion years. BILLION. YEARS. Yes, you read that right, BILLION and YEARS. In the same sentence. You only need a middle school education to know that the Earth was created along with the rest of our solar system around the same time of the sun and that was approximately four and a half billion years ago. So how old are these transformers really? Are they over 4.5 billion years old?? How does that even remotely make sense. Now I know we are all living in this TF fantasy world where robots exist, but you have to stand by some basic rules.

OKAY, even if we say that Unicron and the rest of the transformers are 4.5 billion years old, then how the hell do you explain the transformers technology being completely stagnant for that long? Unicron supposedly went into stasis and had the earth form around him 4.5 billion years ago, yet when he re-emerges, he is still able to kick some good Autobot ass. Shouldn't the Autobots and Decepticons be vastly more superior to Unicron, given they've had 4.5 billion years to advance their technology?

What do you guys think?

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He went into status after the 13 Primes, the original Cybertronians, defeated him. At that time there were no other Cybertronians. Over those years Primus and the Primes would go on to populate it with the transformers. Near the tail end of the timeline comes the war. In the flash backs we saw, Cybertron was barren at the surface as there were no cities constructed, nothing. None of the cast we have now were ever alive then save Unicron. Any tech or weaponry that would have been developed would not have been to the same power level of the Primes, and none of it existed because it was the early years of their society.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Here's the thing, Unicron is also a supernatural DEITY which means that he has supernatrual powers that go beyond cybertronian standerds. Even if the technology is avananced att his point he still can use his powers to beat lesser beings with ease. The 13 were able to beat himbecause they are higher beings though not as much as Primus and Unicron. Also that Cybertronian time frames are different from our frame so it may be either longer or shorter to them but not for us.

4. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

You are missing the point. The Autobots and the 'Cons don't know Unicron personally, but he is essentially the transformer's devil. That sort of thing gets passed down from generation to generation. And continuing with this analogy, it doesn't matter how advanced the Bot's and 'Con's technology is. He is essentially the Chaos God, and you can't really fight a god with a machine gun.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The show already says that he is the Earth. What more confirmation do you require?

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It needs to come up in his alphabet soup

7. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Unicron is basically the Devil, for both Cybertronians and possibly humans. He was probably there from the beginning.

And responding to the first sentence of the OP, you don't have to buy it as fact . . . because it's not. He's the core, and the Earth formed around his form.

8. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    lmfao so true, the matrix has supernatural powers as well you wantto argue that point as well?

9. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

To reiterate what I said, you can't fight a god with a machine gun.:2c: 

10. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I remember when the OP started the same thread three days ago right here.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Willing suspension of disbelief. In a show about intelligent transforming robots from another planet you should really use it. It was a good idea and they went with it.

12. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Normally I try not to make snap judgements of people, but I'm 95% certain the OP is an idiot.

Also: considering every TFP fan and their mother's seen the last season's ending fourparter, you really don't need to put *~SPOILERS~* in the thread title.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Unicron being Earth was a fresh take on a tired old character. I like it.

14. Thunderthruster

Thunderthruster Autobot Supersoldier

News Credits:
    Actually I've only just watched episode 17, so the spoiler alert was appreciated.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's a bit like Stargate SG-1 where the powerful aliens were so many generations in the past that modern humans figured the gods were just something their ancient ancestors made up. The current Transformers are so many generations removed from Unicron that they would see him about as real as we would someone like Zeus or Ra.

As to technological advances coming to a crawl once again just look at human history. Yes technology is advancing at a blistering pace right now, but there are periods of human history where you could go 100's of year with almost no advances at all. Even periods where technology has taken big steps backwards as we discover how advanced the Egyptians, Greeks, and Romans were in some areas compared to dark ages Europe.

16. Jetstream

Jetstream Autobot Seeker

Julius Caesar has been dead for over 2000 years yet people today still know who he is. Human record keeping is surely worse than that of the Transformers which have greater technology and longer lifespans.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    You can't. That's one of the fundamental flaws with Transformers and how long their lifespan supposedly is.

However, that's not a problem unique to Prime. Almost every TF series has done it. You just have to accept it along with the fact that alien robots exist and turn into cars and always speak perfect English.

18. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I hated the idea. To me it's a cop out unless they are willing to destroy the earth in this story line. Otherwise, Unicron is no threat in the TFP universe. Sure it's got a bit of shock value for a few minutes, but then what?

Wouldn't it be better if he was the moon? Or, Saturn or Jupiter?

As it is now, Unicron can never be anything else but the earth's core. That's just a plain bad idea. Sure they could badly write their way out of it I guess.... but I don't want to return to the bad story telling of Season 1.

Anyway, Unicron has been done-to-death. They should focus on building new mythology like the 13(?) original Primes. And, if they have to do a planet sized TF, they should make a new character, not re-use Unicron or Primus.

19. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember that part where Prime said that he believed Unicron had transcended physical form? He could leave his old body in the core and create a new one for himself. Easy peasy.

20. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yes. because carbon dating is oh-so accurate. And, yes, because sci-fi is so realistic.