I do NOT like the white Ultra Magnus

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Oct 25, 2011.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't like Magnus without his armor, as just the WHite Prime. I know people compare it to the Cliffjumper/Bumblebee, Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, Ironhide/Ratchet etc effect.

But I just don't like him without his armor, it takes away from his unique look by tying him so close to Primes. Am I the only one?

I'm actually a big fan of Magnus, and find that this was a cheap way to make him look even worse for not getting the leadership when he should have.

2. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I do not like green eggs and ham. Sam I am.

But you do know that:
    1- MP1 something will be a proper UM
    2- For classics they have City Commander

Both fix this issue.

3. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    White ultra magnus was a trend from 2004 to 2007.
    Out of curiosity why bring it up now?

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Registered 2011, so new user.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love white Prime... honestly, even moreso than the armored version.

In my head, I look at Magnus and Nemesis Prime as the two halves of Optimus Prime's Pysche brought to reality.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I'd hate to see what his perverted side would look like.

7. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To me, Ultra Magnus is the big red/white/blue carrier. That said, I greatly enjoy the novelty of a white inner robot with power armor.

8. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Contains nuts

News Credits:
    Not you're not the only one, there is a very vocal section of the fandom who thinks as you do. I'm not one of them though.

9. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

I like white redecoes of Optimus Prime better than getting the same molds constantly rereleased in minor tweaks of red and blue.

And I think that the Magnus coloration is very fetching. I wish we would get one once in a while because I am sick to DEATH of red and blue Optimus Prime redecos. Hell, even a black and teal redeco would be nice... Darkside Optimus looks amazing, and Laser Prime was MADE for a black redeco. Why have we not gotten these domestically?

If I actually believed that the White Prime redecoes were taking the place of a new mold Magnus, it would be one thing. But they're just getting some extra use from molds that otherwise would just be... red and blue Optimus. With less paint.

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    You're not the only one but his 'unique look' doesn't exist - he was already tied to Optimus Prime since his original toy; since that toy had a repaint of Optimus Prime, its fair to say that repainting other Optimus Prime toys white is more common and easier to release new Ultra Magnus toys other than producing a new mold that has both cab and trailer.

Besides, the Optimus Prime repaints are Japanese releases or store exclusives. Other than the original, only six toys have been repainted from Optimus Prime; three in Japan and three in America.

G1 Ultra Magnus toys (1986-2010) - www.tfu.info

I don't count Laser Rod Ultra Magnus as a white repaint since his robot mode mostly resembles his armored form. But his vehicle mode is a white repaint.

[​IMG]

Even if you don't like white Optimus Prime repaints, you have to admit that here, his vehicle mode had to be white.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind having a white Ultra Magnus on my shelf. The City Commander armor is nice, but not essential to me.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    Laser... Ultra Magnus...

*drool*

Good lord that thing is sexy.

13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Is it just me or is it without his armour he is Magnus then in armour Ultra Magnus?

Where have I picked that up from? Pretty sure that's what I called him when I was a kid.....mind...it was a few years ago :confused: 

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i think they should repaint that optimus prime g2 mold like that ehobby exclusive. except give him a new head, and then we have a perfect, REAL ultra magnus!

there for, he's no longer just optimus prime who fell into a bath tub... full of white paint :lol 

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with you. I really like the white Optimus inside Magnus. I think it comes from having him as a kid, and being fascinated that it looked like Optimus but wasn't Optimus (the whole idea of easy, profitable repaints never entered my grade-school brain). And like you, I prefer "inner Magnus" to the armored-up form, which always just looked cluttered and dorky to me. Plus, counter-intuitively, I find the red-white-and-blue color scheme to be boring and a lot less interesting than the weird, stark-white, albino-esque scheme of the inner bot.

I've even gone out of my way to collect most of the Magnus-as-White-Prime figures (the only ones I'm missing, as far as I know, are Magnus Jr. and the Faith Leader repaint).

I like that idea of Magnus and Nemesis being complementary aspects of Prime, very cool!

So I guess I'm not in that camp. :)  But to each their own!

Oh, and Laser Magnus is one of the greatest E-Hobby repaints ever. I love that figure so much.

16. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Can't believe the fact that Movieverse Prime has NEVER been reissued in white as Magnus.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

But we DO get things like Fireburst Prime!..............Yay?

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

it is what it is. since his g1 incarnation was a white repaint, i dont see the problem with continuing the trend. i am probably biased because i had an original ultra magnus when i was little and i still have some memories of it.

tfa ultra magnus was basically a whole new character than the og ultra magnus, but i guess that's a different direction you could go in.

ive got all three (optimus, magnus, and nemesis) in the classics/henkei mold. UM is in his CC armor and im waiting for my SC armor.

one detail holding me back from picking up the new faith leader for my classics collection is the fact that then the three wont have matching molds, but i guess that's just me being weird cause you cant even see the mold inside the 2 armors.

rodimus in his protector armor will probably look to small next to faith leader, am i right?

19. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Toy Industry Analyst

News Credits:
    I like Scout Rollbar as my Movie Magnus. I think it's a nice compromise: He gets to be his own thing, yet still resembles Prime.

20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Nope :)