I dissect Rankin-Bass' 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (and it gets messy!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by uruseiranma, Dec 3, 2011.

1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A month ago (on a suggestion from another TFWmember/friend), I finally put out my Entertainment Blog on Wordpress. While my friend's blog deals with his Transformers collection ('Til All Are Mine), I chose to draw a wider berth, and do everything from movies, books, toys, music, and more. So I am: The Entertainment Nut (it's true: get me talking about movies, and I just come alive).

Today, I posted one of the longest blog postings ever, and it's kind of a shadow-homage to Comedian Patton Oswalt. A few years ago, I heard Patton's stand-up routine, in which he talked about the song Christmas Shoes, by a band called New Song. What sounded like an innocent song about a boy melting a grumpy guy's heart because of wanting to buy shoes for his Mom on Christmas Eve...soon became dissected into the truly evil thing it was.

I felt that one day, I'd find a way to dissect something just as bad, and I finally decided to do so with Rankin-Bass' 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Before studios decide to stretch The Grinch and The Cat in the Hat into feature-length movies, Rankin-Bass Productions stretched out the simple poem into a story involving spiting Santa Clauses, mum Mouse Families, incompetents in town hall, Fathers who lie through song, and people who feel its their God-given right that Santa give them stuff. I was discussing this with another person, and they said that in truth, almost every Rankin-Bass special that featured Santa Claus made him out to be a real jerk (in Rudolph, he shuns the little Reindeer, Year without a Santa Calus, he just gives up...and in Frosty the Snowman, he tells the Magician to write 'I am very sorry for what I did to Frosty,' a hundred-million times).

An Animated Dissection: ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas « The Entertainment Nut

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    I agree with you about Rudolphs santa, but you were wrong about the other two.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What about Santa Claus coming to town he was a young man going houses in a village ruled by a evil warlord.