I did the port forwarding, but my NAT type is still moderate.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Poho, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    What the hell do i have to do to get the port forwarding right and get my NAT type open so i can finally frigging connect to my friend on the other side of the country?

I set my Xbox360's IP address so that all the right ports would be open, as instructed by numberous websites. and my NAT type is STILL moderate, and I can't connect to a few of my friends.

2. Poho

News Credits:
    there, i rebooted again and now it says Open, but i won't know for sure if it works until i test it with him

3. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    This may depend on your router (and the specific firmware you may be running), but I've found that my Xbox behaves best when it is allowed to be assigned an address from the DHCP server in the router rather than giving it a static address during setup. On the router, then, you'd need to take the MAC address for the Xbox and have the router correspondingly assign a static IP address so it remains the same whenever the Xbox is restarted. Forward ports as usual for online play.

4. Poho

News Credits:
    i'm pretty sure it has a static IP address, so that's not an issue. i just tried to connect to him though, and despite the fact that we both have Open NAT types, we STILL can't connect to each other. what the hell is going on here?