Customs: I-dear mini wooden speaker - Ideal for integrating sound into customs?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Socialvegetable, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I stalk the Radicons boards because I love seeing everyone's work, though I myself have no skills to display. I'm posting to share with you something I pickedup recently that I think could be integrated into some customs.

I found thins miniature wooden speaker at MOMA in NYC recently, and Had to pick it up. It's from a company called I -dear (Japanese, I think) and I paid $35 for it. It's super tiny and has a standard 35mm jack input, so it can play audio from any device with a headphone jack. Even better, it includes a built-in rechargeable battery that charges through a USB-35mm cable (supplied).

My point is, the wooden case could be cracked, making this little (but loud) speaker perfect for incorporating into customs. I was looking at my G1 Blaster, and it looks like the speaker would be easy to integrate into the faux-speakers in his legs.

I've seen a post or two in which customizers have said they might try to integrate sound in more complex jobs (frenzy_rumble mentioned it once, I think) so I thought this might be a convenient way to do so. Below are some quick comparison shots I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    oh that's sweet, thanks for sharing.

3. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Yeah, that's a great find! I always thought it would be cool if someone incorporated a speaker system into a custom. What I'd really like to see is a Alt. re-shelled into one of the bigger suv's and have the back filled with speakers. If the speakers actually worked though, it would be even better!

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Sweet find!

sounds appropriate to mention it here; I'm incorporating speakers into Computron. His chest plate is going to be an iPod nano & high rez. screen, he'll be pre-downloaded with tons of audio and video, gonna use speakers on his jetpack for the iPods audio output. Coolest part is Computron can be hooked up to your computer with a USB cable.

5. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
  6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Wow.

7. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool! I was planning to use an MP3 player and possibly a speaker in my Blaster, but since I'm about to have financial troubles I can't go and waste $70 or so on player and speaker. However, this speaker is inspiring... maybe I'll at least get the wiring in place so I can add it later on.