I challenge you!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by spikex, Oct 20, 2009.

1. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Though this is a little early for christmas, I thought I would give you guys some extra time to decide.
    Every year we get a hamper to send to kids in Africa. It is supposed to be filled with clothes and school supplies. I thought "what kid wants to get just clothes and books"? So I decided that I will send a mosc entry mode starscream from my collection.
    Last year I gave a mib movie ironhide to a underprivliged kid in Edmonton here.
    So here is the challenge: decide what mib or misb (or an equvalent thereof) tf from your collection to a kid that would otherwise not be able to experience the goodness of tfs. This is not a drop off idea like toys for tots. You have to give it to a kid where you will also be able to experience the joy you give them. For instance, the kid who recieves our hamper has to write us a letter to thank us for it, last year I was able to watch that kid open ironhide and I got to help him figure out the transformation. Also no buying any new tfs to donate, this way it comes from your collection so you will be giving a piece of yourself with it. Any takers?

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    that's a cool idea...but hard to pull off...especially since most of us are males in our mid 20s to 30s. us walking around asking kids if they want free toys is bound to get us arrested...

however, one thing i did that was amazing was work for Toys for Tots as a volunteer to take families around the donation site to 'shop' for the toys they wanted. that was an amazing experience. i really want to do it again this year, just gotta figure out when that's happening...

3. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Not to be "that guy" but, ff we don't collect MISB or even MIB, how do you give a kid a toy that doesn't seem second hand. Why not just buy them one from the store?

4. spikex

Ya I can hear that. What I did is post some tfs for sale on kijiji and the mother contacted me and when I told her what I was selling them for, she posted back that she was having problems financially and couldn't pay the $ I was asking for. So I offered it up for free. I just kept open communication and It worked out!
    I would suggest checking in with a home for underprivlaged kids. Perhaps we can put our heads together and come up with a way to do this without looking like a bunch of pervs.

5. spikex

Good question, these concerns are one of the reasons I posted this so early before christmas. Maybe pick up somthing you really want yourself and give it away? Many of us have large collections and I think it would be great for us to part with a tf we care about for the enjoyment of someone else. Is that not what the season is about?
    If anyone else has suggestions to make this work, or concerns, please post them.

6. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    ^ I think it would be cool to pic out our favorite Tf that is still available in stores and give that away.

7. spikex

^^^ that works! Although the looking like a perv problem definately has some bugs to work out. Any suggestions?

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well, since my entire collection is out-of-package, and I throw all the packaging away, I would go out and buy the first Voyager Long Haul I see and send that. It's something I've wanted to get for my collection, but still haven't seen in-stores yet. I'd still probably go out and get one for my collection after that, but still, the first one would go to the kid.

9. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

This is a GREAT idea! If I can get myself out of this financial hole I'm in by the time Christmas rolls around, count me in!

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i plan on hitting target this week to pick up a voyager longhaul for toys for tots...its always nice to buy a toy for someone, but when its on sale its really nice too... maybe i'll buy a few 10 buck deluxes to send out as well...