I can't take this anymore, the @$%@! Quintessons created Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, May 29, 2011.

?

What is the most realistic creation scenario of Transformers to you?

1. Quintessons creating the Transformers as a slave race.

108 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Primus did crash into an asteroid and create Transformers in his image.

121 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Michael Bay inspired Allspark created the Transformers and the Thirteen.

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Circuits climbed out of ooze and walked up right

19 vote(s)
    6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I like the Quintesson creation, it's a neat twist on the robot rebellion (the robots being "good"). I'd like to think the 13 Original TFs would've been the instigators of the rebellion. And there's a certain irony about uniting to repel their creators just to get bogged down in civil war.

Something about godly/magical origin doesn't sit right with me for this series. I guess because it detracts from the godless/magicless wars we usually see, moreso than it being out of place in a science-fiction work.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't recall magic ever being a part of the Primus origin.

3. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Closest Primus gets to Magic is having his creations form from his outer shell/ skin. I just think Liquid Metal for that. Some may consider Sparks magic, but all Primus did was split off parts of his own Spark/ soul to animate his creations.

& I've always had issues w/ Primacron building Unicron...

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I kinda like the idea of Primus creating the Transformers and the Quintessons then enslaving them.

5. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

If hasbro did not team up with Marvel and Sunbow there would be no Transformers today, just toys that turn into cars and jets strictly for the hell of it. G1 ended with "Rebirth part 3" and the Marvel comic ended when Simon Furman got his hands on it.

All of this Primus crap is the result of demon obsessed societies injecting demon shit into the mythos. Gods, Demons and Street Fighter style special techniques are all some people understand. God Ginrai? Give me a freakin' break.

I voted for the Quints.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

7. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    When I watched G1 back when I was a kid, Even as a 7 year old I thought the Quints were stupid & totally pointless. Rewatching Season 3 now (as hard as it may be), IMO The Quints are a plot device & nothing more. So with my hatred of Season 3 in mind, My origin story revolves around Primus being the creator of the Transformers race. All this Bayverse protoform-bullshit can get flushed down the toilet too.

8. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Primus is my faviorte so far, sorry Trans Quints are sorry and kinda half ass IMHO.

9. Makronette

Makronette Decepticon

Ebay:
    That's sort of what I think too, never really liked the Quints... they seem to also be a robotic life form so it makes me wonder who made them and such, I don't mind the idea of protoforms either.

10. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Primus/AllSpark/made-from-the-planet thing is part of the currently "Aligned" continuity family, as laid out in the Exodus novel - The AllSpark is an instrument of Primus's will that is responsible for bestowing life, and it's kept in the Well of All Sparks, from which new Transformers emerge. The novel also alludes to a period when the Quintessons invaded the planet and interfered with Transformer development - they're credited, for instance, with introducing the idea of cockpits, which strongly suggests they were selling them to other races who would use them as transport (among other things), just as the Quints' did in the cartoon.

These ideas are not new to the novel, either, a'course, with the idea of the Quintessons interfering in the development of Primus's children having been used in the 3H BotCon comics, and the idea of Primus existing in the movieverse and still being the transforming planet of Cybertron alluded to in the UK's movie comics.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

This.

Not to rain on your parade son, but Beast Wars came with the protform idea. DonĀ“t let that get in the way of your bitching tho.

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The idea that Transformers could maybe have had those origins is suggested in passing by Nightbeat in IDW's comics, when he visits a planet called Gorlam Prime, and observes that its organic inhabitants have begun to rapidly replace portions of their body with mechanical prosthesis, slowly transforming themselves into whole robots.

Alternatively - Go-Bots. Because that's the origin of the Go-Bots.

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The Quintesson based origin is utterly cretinous IMO. I go with the Primus/Unicron origin theory all the way.
    That's the option I voted for; although "Primus crashed into an asteroid" shows a remarkable lack of knowledge on the subject.

14. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Fine, would u like me to scan my Marvel comics(that I owned since the day it hit the shelf) into the poll for you so the over praised Furman can get his due? I can do that :) 

At the end it came down to Primus "sacrificing" himself and going into an asteroid tricking Unicron into doing the same.

Oh yeah they were two "light" beings :) 

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...What the HELL are you talking about? What does scanning your comics in have to do with anything?
    Bit of a difference from "crashing into an asteroid" there pal. Your description makes it sound like Primus got drunk and bumped into an asteroid, then created the Transformers for shits and giggles.
    Energy beings.

Also: Do you give everyone who doesn't agree with you this sort of shit?

16. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I always thought Hasbro created the Transformers. Well Takara/Hasbro.

17. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As far as I know Hasbro bought the rights to sell already existing transformable toys from various Japanese companies, and hired another company to come up with the premise around these toys in order to sell them better...which led to another deal with Marvel where most characters recieved names, backstories, etc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, anybody, but I was under the assumption this is sort of how it went.

The common misconception is that Transformers come from Japan: this is half true, half wrong: the original batch of G1 toys were pre-existing Japanese toys, with clear Japanese inspired designs (samurai helmets, etc.), but the fiction was created in America (and it was radically different from the premises of the original Japanese toys, if they had any).

Right?

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  18. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Yes. The toys were taken from many different toy lines and spliced into one toy line. Not just Takara's toys though.

19. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I know I am sadly late to the party here but.. so the folks who have 26 years invested in a fandom are to be considered casual compared to whom exactly? Out of curiosity.

Anyway on to the topic, you just have to take each origin at face value for each series, there is a way to mush it all together if you really want to, just have to open your mind and create what fits best to your view and then you can attain peace and tranquility. After 26 years and 15 or so universes you can tie it all back to Primus, everything from G1 (which includes beastwars) to the movies just gotta remember creators can work behind the scenes using whatever tools they desire to make things happen. :wink: 

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    You should really address the fact that people pointed out to you that the 13 stuff existed sometime before Revenge of the Fallen came along.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.