I can't take this anymore, the @$%@! Quintessons created Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, May 29, 2011.

?

What is the most realistic creation scenario of Transformers to you?

1. Quintessons creating the Transformers as a slave race.

108 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Primus did crash into an asteroid and create Transformers in his image.

121 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Michael Bay inspired Allspark created the Transformers and the Thirteen.

30 vote(s)
    10.8%
  4. Circuits climbed out of ooze and walked up right

19 vote(s)
    6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I can't take this protoforms that fell to earth crap anymore.

It's border line ******ed to me.

Same goes for Prima(darling of the week now), the Thirteen Primes, Primus and any other half assed stuff that has come about since the days of G1.

Honestly, is not an alien race creating a slave race that gained sentience and rose up against them much more believable than circuits crawling out of primordial ooze or Primus crashing into a asteroid and turning it into Cybertron? (not arguing G1 plot holes, but at least its a plausible story)

(Unicron has no good origin period)

Or making the Thirteen the "fathers" or the race?

So take this poll and voice what u think, take all the realities and all the BS that comes with them, what comes down to the most believable scenario.

2. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

Each to his own. You should have an 'Other' option though.

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to ruin your day, but there's more to G1 than the cartoon. Primus is G1. The Thirteen are, too.

Quintessons are plausible, but I still prefer Primus for the cultural depth he adds to the Cybertronian race. Sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Never liked the Quintessons. Their designs are cool, but the way they've been portrayed in fiction has never been very inspired imo. The writers haven't done a good job of making them third-party villains, and attaching them to the origin of Transformers made them even less palatable.

5. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Unfortunately, or fortunately for some, Transformers has degenerated into a MULTIVERSE series/line so each fan/collector will see it the way he empathizes more, the hard core G1 will say the quints, the extended G1-comics will say it was primus, the movie fans will say it was the all spark and the original 13 and so on, so ,my best advice to You is: follow each universe separately (yes there will be junction points somewhere somehow in timelines) but that is the only way to understand it better.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    You seriously think the cartoon fans are the hardcore ones? The cartoon is for casual 80s kids who never cared about the plot, just wanted to watch big robots fight each other.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The options for the poll just make me chuckle, since "Primus made them", "AllSpark creates the 13", and "they came from the substance of the planet" are all basically the same origin with shared characteristics across multiple continuities.

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I too personally prefer the quintesson origin, but don't mind other interpretations or attempts to combine them. I think a similar poll was done between quints and primus origins, and primus won to my surprise.

all spark isn't a bad origin tho. If I had to pick a #2, it'd be some combination of Bay's Allspark and the Exodus well of sparks.

9. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I prefer the Quintesson origin myself. Primus can easily be incorporated into it if necessary, perhaps as the first of the Transformers they created, or the first Autobot to rise up against the Quintesson tyranny.

But, as always, to each their own.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about Jetfire's theory that they evolved from levers and pulleys? :lol 

personally I like Petey North's history used for his Transformers version 2.0 fiction.

Primus created the original transformers as a last level of defense against Unicron should he return (as in the Marvel comics) and there was peace upon the planet and Primus went into a slumber until that time came.

During the intervening years the Quintessons invaded Cybertron and enslaved the peaceful single race on the planet segregating their qualities into the different factions like Autobots, Decepticons, Junkions etc.

I don't like the term of Well of Allsparks or Allspark for the creations, they are the first and last plane for sparks yes but it is a mystical plane beyond normal existence, the computer that gives life to transformers is a golden orb called Vector Sigma that gives the Transformers life.

Last edited: May 29, 2011
  11. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    :( 

12. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    This. I believe in Primus.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I voted for Primus being the one who created the Transformers race, but I also like the idea of the All Spark creating Transformers as well.

14. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

okay here's how I think it all happened

everything before the unicron trilogy line started: primus makes the original thirteen primes, after the events of megatronus turning to the dark side the remaining primes build robotic race (not yet transformers) many may many years later the quintessons invade and conquer cybertron, many mny years later the cybertronians revolt using a new form of shape shifting (thus making them the transformers) they succeed and the quintessons leave cybertron, these new transformers make glorious new civilization which brings them into the golden age, megatron starts civil war and so forth

now the unicron trilogy: same beginning as the previous one except no quints, unicron makes minicons to corrupt the glorious race of the transformers, he succeeds and cybertron goes into civil war.

movie line: allspark lands on cybertron and makes the original seven primes, they use the allspark to build great race, megatronus fights his brothers for the power of the allspark (and for those of us who watched revenge of the fallen we all know what happens next)

animated and prime: same story as the first one except primus uses allspark to make original thirteen

sound good?

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Never been a fan of the idea of Quintessons involved in the creation of the TFs. Gimme Primus. And that gears and levers thing. Anything but those damn Qunts.

16. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Arrrrrgh, people don't follow the same continuity as me in the completely schizophrenic origin of the Transformers this makes me SOOO ANGRY!

Everyone knows the transformers reproduce through budding.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Personally I've always like other sci fi origins of robots being that there was an organic race that discovered artificial intelligence but then died off leaving the robots to evolve on their own. Over time the robots forgot about the organic race that came before them.

Some of the Transformers origin stories have just been rather silly and more convoluted than they needed to be.

18. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I vastly prefer the Primus origin from the original Marvel comics run. It seems like a much grander and mythologically rich origin than "a bunch of squid robots made them." Especially when you look at the Quintessons and realize that they're also an apparently mechanical race, which only begs the further question of who made them, then. No, I think the idea of an immense, intergalactic being creating a race of sentient and evolving mechanical lifeforms to stand guard against his eternal nemesis is a far more interesting background in comparison.

Besides, if you accept the Quintesson origin you also have to accept the idea that Unicron, the most powerful force of evil in the whole Transformers mythos, was built by a bored Ewok.

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    And here we have the crux of the matter...

20. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

Which was mentioned in the original post, that just doesn't have a good answer.

I also don't think two mystical ancient god like beings trapped themselves into dead planets/asteroids or whatever is a good origin either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.