2D Artwork: I can't figure what to do here

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Wreckgar, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I was bored and actually took a really great picture of Hot Shot. Well I decided to make a wallpaper using it. Here's what Icame up with but it just seems...off. I can't figure out what to do or edit out to make it POP! So here are the 2 I have done so far.

This i sthe "complete" one. The problem is that I couldn't find a place for the name or make th ename "fit".
    [​IMG]

This is the basic one. I just like the simplicity of it but without the logo and name, it just seems uninspired graphically.
    [​IMG]

Opinion most definately welcome.

2. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

mabey put the auto bot insigmea behind hotshot and then put hotshots bio and cybertron logo and name listed down the left handside, btw thats an awsome pic u took of hotshot

3. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    make the insignia whiter so that it sticks to the background more and brings Hot Shot to the foregound... just a thought... that is a kick ass pic though!

4. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps use the second pic. Then increase the size of hot shots name and place it under the autobot logo. From there, fade (or possibly discolor and bevel/emboss the logo), then turn it ~+/-30 degrees or so and place them randomly in the background as a sort of textured look/watermark type of thing.

5. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Hot Shot looks dull when compared to the bright background and Autobot symbol. Perhaps you should try adjusting your color and saturation levels to make his colors stand out a bit more. As far as Hot Shot's name, I would put in a different font. Perhaps the same one or similar to the one that's used on his packaging. I would also put it in a different place. Perhaps maybe on the bottom of the Autobot insiginia or maybe on the bottom right of the whole picture. It make the Cybertron logo look unbalanced when it's right next to it.

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

played with it a bit more this morning

[​IMG]