I can't decide

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bariprime, Feb 6, 2009.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Can someone help me? I got 3 questions. First, should I buy Classics Ironhide or wait for Classics Ratchet to arive? Second, is Animated Ratchet good, should I buy it? And 3rd, I got a Classics Acid Storm and I want to colour it as Starscream. Wich colours do I need?
    Thnx if you can help...

2. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    I think Classics Ironhide looks better than Ratchet, and yes he is worth owning. Just make sure you find the mods online to make his robot mode a little better.

And about Acidstorm, Starscream is being rereleased soon anyway, you should probably just pick that one up.

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    classics ironhide is better than ratchet... i think, at least.. although i definitely want a version of ratchet, be it henkei or universe

ratchet is a good figure, i like it a lot

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1) I would get Takara's Henkei Ironhide if you are interested in the mold and are willing to spend a little extra $. The Hasbro one is this weird orangy, pinky red and has a blue face.

2) Yes, Animated Ratchet is rad, you should definitely pick one up.

3) It would probably be much easier to pick up the new universe Starscream then to repaint an Acid Storm. The amount of paint you would need would probably cost the same as just buying the new figure. I don't know how easy it is to come across TFs in Turkey though.

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Ani ratchet is cool, just a shame his magnets are a bit gash

6. bariprime

News Credits:
    Well man thats the prob. Some sh.theads won't bring universe Starscream to Turkey. This is why I am asking 3rd q. but thnx anyway

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    bariprime, maybe there is a way to import the Starscream figure? Alot of figures don't get released in the Netherlands either (the whole Universe line, actually), but I manage to get the toys I want by buying from online shops, etc.

Maybe you aren't able to do so, but I'd pick a real Starscream over repainting Acid Storm anyday.

Universe Ironhide is totally worth it. His alt mode is a jigsaw, but kind of ok. His robot mode is awesome! I think he looks much better than Ratchet, so yes, definitely pick him up!

Animated Ratchet is cool as well! the paint on his alt mode make him look kind of cheap, but it's actually very decent in person, and the robot mode is cool!!

8. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if your going to be importing what about the henkei starscream he looks like he has a better paint scheme unlike the somewhat bland universe one

9. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Wait for Uni. Ratchet that's what I'm doing

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Classics Ratchet. The blue ruins Ironhide.

2. Animated ratchet is very good, as long as you don't have all the crap sticking out of his back, and it isn't the blinding version.

3. You should really be able to figure that out by looking at a simple pic, but I guess red, white, blue, yellow, black, silver, and gold... thata all I can think of.

4. You sig is way to huge, man.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Classics Ironhide has a screw in the back of his head that is really easy to take off. Once you have the front half of his head off it's insanely easy to paint his face silver and fix the blue face problem with him.

If you like the look of the Animated toys then Ratchet isn't a bad figure. The paint is a bit off from the cartoon series so a bit of touching up really improves the figure. The transformation is good on the figure. Only real problem is they don't have his electro-magnetic weapon on him.

I've painted one of the seekers myself because I didn't want to shell out Bot Con prices just to have the three. If there is any way around it don't paint it. The biggest pain in the rear I've ever had painting anything and the parts are so tight that once you've got enough paint on to get the colors right you can never transform him. You might be better off seeing if you can't make a trade with someone to get him that way. Not sure what it's like mailing things to Turkey so sorry that's about as far as I can help you.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd pick up Classics Ironhide and Ratchet. Both have their faults (all the lines in alt. mode), but they're still nice.

Animated Ratchet's okay too. He's not as interesting as other Animated figures, but he's still worth having.

As for the Starscream thing, I'd still try and land a Classics Starscream sometime online. It should be easier and less stressful than trying to repaint an Acid Storm. Henkei's are usually still available online and of course Hasbro just rereleased him.

13. bariprime

News Credits:
    Thank u all people. Thats how Im gonna do. Pick both Ratchets and Ironhide and wait 4 the shipment of SS.
    But I got another question: Which Universe Voyager should I buy?
    -Blades
    -Brown repaint of Cybertron Defense Scattorshot(couldn't remember)
    -Heavy Load

Waiting for your comments:thumbs2: ...

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd go with Blades, out of those three. I don't own any of them, but Blades was the only one that's tempted me (I just don't like the key thing), so that's what I would do.