I can't decide now anymore.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyjos, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Well once again, it's time for me to purge my TF Collection [due to financial stuff and the fact I'm collecting Star Wars again! And I wanna reclaim space in my room too]

I've spent the past couple months grabbing up a good bit of G1 figures I always wanted plus MP Grimlock.

So so far after I've purged all the non essentials [the ones I'm not too keen on keeping and plus I could find them pretty easy later on] I'm down to the select few that survived the initial purge.

Only bots that are left are some from the Energon Line, Armada Line, very few G1s left. Though I'm not purging any Classics From the line since I did manage FINALLY to get a Trailer for Prime and Ultra Magnus.

I am keeping my Re-Issue G1 Seekers,Classics/Universe 2.0 Seeker fleet, and Titanium Seekers....I just can't bear to get rid of my fleet of Decepticon Seeker jets.

I keep some toys too for my Nephew when he comes here [he likes to play with em while watching the G1 DVDs I have]

So what would you guys do in a situation like this?

Keep the G1s and Masterpiece figures and sell off the rest and keep just a few for the kid to play with?

I mean the G1s I have left are Trypticon,Soundwave,G1 Megatron, 3 Targetmasters, Rodimus Prime, one of the mail aways the red car Overdrive I think,Ramjet, Sky Lynx, Six Shot, Jetfire[the Macross Version]Omega Supreme,and my favorite combiner team the Stunticons. And those I've gotten kinda attached too.

or Sell em all and not have a single one or just step back and think to sell something else....

Just not sure, I normally don't get attached to many of these

Those are all that remains from the once vast collection I've had I've gone through several purges of the overall collection and I'm just not sure.

Just wondering if any one else has to go through this too....

But I think I might just NOT sell my G1 Figures.....

I think I'd regret it if I sold those off.

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

After you sell me your Trypticon and G1 Megs I'd say you should keep your G1's and MP's.

3. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

I need to go through a serious purge soon and its going to come down to holding each one and putting it into the following categories:

MUST-HAVE
    LOVE TO HAVE
    LIKE TO HAVE
    SELL
    TRASH

Once I have done this, I'm going to get rid of anything that falls in the bottom two categories.

It sounds like you're at a point where you need to decipher between Must-haves, love to haves and like to haves.

4. Tyjos

I will probably keep G1 Megs and Trypticon anyway....

Just right now not sure, lots of stress here so I'm better off not making any decisions on this. Gotten tired of dealing with ebay and the fact I feel I'm not making what I could off these figures if I were to sell em on ebay.

Course I've got a graveyard of Junkers I need and want to get rid of but haven't had any luck.....but I keep some figures as I said for my nephew to play with [The Energon figures are good for that]

I'm sure I could get a decent bit for Energon Shockblast Energon Leader Class Prime, and Wing Saber but right now yea I'm having a hard time deciding on what ones fall into the category of what I want to keep.

The way things are here, just well I need to start bringing in $$$$$$$$$$ but I don't want to sacrifice something that I won't find easily again.....just to sell it for little or nothing.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I say get rid of a ittle from each line.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Dude I am going through exactly the same thing right now. My first step is to sell off the G1s I can afford to lose and any duplicates from other lines.

After that, I might continue to trim my collection down even further and get rid of some repaints from the movie lines.

Still in the process of getting rid of G1s as they are the most valuable ie. will make me the most money!

7. Tyjos

Well after just looking around my room, sort just taking in just how many figures from all the lines that I have but right now Star Wars is dominating my room's landscape now with the large vehicles I have.

I looked at the TFs I still have and have now decided on what's in the keepers list:
    Titanium Ultras
    Classics/Universe 2.0
    Generation 1 figures I think I'm gonna get rid of just a few of those but not all of em, I'm keeping Hot Rod figures and Rodimus Prime for sure the same for the Seekers
    Keeping the 2 Supreme Class Figures I have [Unicron and Primus]

I think I'll probably get rid of some of the Remaining Armada bots I've had, I decided to chunk a few on ebay so far....

Still got to find a foot panel for my other favorite combiner set the Combaticons......

Just got a small assortment of TFs but what is already in the Absolute Must Keep list are my Masterpieces and Re-Issues.

I will probably sell any ROTF and 2007 Movie figures I have if any left over since I wasn't too keen on that line only thing I might keep from that line is Nightwatch Prime and Leader Prime.

8. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What Star Wars stuff you looking for?

9. Tyjos

None right now can't afford to get anymore at the moment [after all I just chunked a good bit on getting 2 AT-AT Walkers, a dozen Battle Packs,and a Wal-Mart Exclusive Green Leader A-Wing] done too much spending as it is as of late and I wanna start seeing a difference in my room with all the stuff I got on display.

I figure for the TF Figures I'll keep for my Nephew to play with I'll probably pack those away.

Might move my current favorite G1 figure [Soundwave] over towards my PC and have him in cassette player mode to conserve space]

Over the years I've fallen into many toyline hypes and grabbed up the figures, then usually promptly sold em off after I got tired of em time to end that cycle there.....

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Oh god you sound so much like me!

I've dabbled in plenty of other toylines (including Star Wars) and always ended up selling them off to make room/money for TFs. Now I have too many TFs because I just tried to be a completist. Realistically, that's just not possible due to the sheer rarity and cost of at least a handful of figures in every line.

So now I've come to that realisation, it's time to sell off things I don't really need or desperately want. Do I really want every single deluxe Bumblebee mold ever produced? Probably not.

11. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Star Wars is your first love, then put your focus in that and sell all your TFs. I'm an all or nothing guy (but hey, that's just me). I came thisclose to starting a G.I.Joe collection but decided not to buy a single one as I knew it would hamper my TF collecting.

You can keep the few TFs that you hold dear, but from my POV over time you'll see those TFs are "lonely" and get the itch again. And the cycle will continue.

12. Tyjos

when the movie came out, I grabbed up ALL the Deluxe BB's that were out there, only one that remains in my collection is the Human Alliance BB that's in a small clear plastic display case.

But am tired of that, with the way hasbro's been the past 2 years mass releases of the new EXPENSIVE HUGE awesome stuff has broken my bank too easy......so it's time just to literally get out of it, I'm turning 26 this year and am starting to really see that since I don't play with these figures anymore.....and since my nephew doesn't come over but only on holidays or when my brother is on stopover on his way to a Nascar Race I just should sell the excess figures off to the point I don't have but the bare essentials...hell I fell into Army Building Clone Troopers the moment I got the AT-TE and Gunship..the old "Well I got the vehicle, it needs a crew!" it's a shame Transformers never had vehicles like that....

But it's just getting to the point I'm tired of dusting too.....[You can check my Collection Thread and can see what I mean with all the shelves I had full of TFs and Anime stuff]

But I think maybe I'll just purge the rest of the G1s that aren't in that great a shape my G1 Megatron isn't complete anyway.

Star Wars Was indeed my first toyline [And Turtles, my nephew has inherited that collection of Turtles figures] I sold off all my POTF Stuff years ago and now have had a urge to buy some of the cooler POTF Star Wars stuff but with the high bills I deal with now, it's only what I can find cheap now these days and stuff that has to just wait....it's bad when you have a bad case of nostalgia and a impulse buying habit mixed together.

Just am going to make a difference in my room, keeping the better condition Tfs and selling the ones that just need to find a new home.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  13. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

I ended up selling off most of my Star Wars collection to generate funds for Transformers. To fill the void in my life left by a dwindeling starship fleet, I built models of my favoite ships. They're a bit smaller, WAY more detailed, and easier to justify since it isn't "just a toy". It's something I built. Hell, my Fiencee let me hang two Falcon's on a wall in the bedroom like pictures because they "look cool", but my mint vintage ESB Falcon with the original box has to hide away in a closet because it's a "monstrosity".
    Also, I sold my entire Beast Wars collection to a local vintage toy/comic store for the down payment on a car a few years ago...over time I went back and bought most of them back piece by piece...I have successfuly restored my collection, and the ones that he sold, I just bought again online or from the boards here.
    If it's truly rare, or a very special toy due to its condition or age, then you should hang on to it...if it's still mostly avalible through other collectors or the internet, then sell it, and consider picking it up again at a later time.
    If someone made me choose between say a mint G1 Swoop and any Masterpiece figure, I'd dump the Masterpiece, and lock that Swoop away somewhere dry and safe.

14. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Keep the g1 I have regreted sellin mine before

15. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd say sell the biggest stuff first. You'll get both the most money and the most space for it.

Space is one of the biggest issues I have, so I'm happy with an activator Megatron instead of leader class for my Animated set.

16. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have recently found that having a mixture in my collection is the way to go e.g. I have some Star Wars, some TFs etc. Makes for a more interesting-looking collection.

17. Tyjos

Well I've decided just due to the fact of how much I gotta get [Which I'll keep that to myself since it's a good bit] that I'm better off selling off the G1s, keeping the bigger G1 Stuff [like Trypticon and get rid of the small fries, I'm sure to get a decent bit for the 2 Targetmasters I have and the 3 Targetmaster Guns and Megatron and Ramjet might get me a decent bit too listed in a lot on ebay]

After all I need to fund my Star Wars collection now too....been acquiring some good pieces as of late and to make room for them I gotta get rid of the Transformers to provide landing area for some vehicles...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  18. Computron34

Computron34 Butt + Hurt = TF Fans

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Let me know what all you want/need. I'm trying to get rid of the sw stuff I have acquire since '05 ( basically opposite of you haha).