I cant belive i'm saying this: More Repaints PLEASE

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Aug 15, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just love TF:animated, all the toys so far have been kick ass. I am actually surprised that we have not seen more repaints of this line. So far we have 1 megs, 3 lockdowns, 3bbs and two starscreams and thats it. So I though we could help hasbro with some ideas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Swat Bulkhead, this could work for any of the bulkhead molds but I think voyager would be best for those that skipped it and only got the leader.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Crash landing Bumblebee. I know we already got the elite and two activator repaints but I would love this on my shelves. I will take either the red-hot version or the charcoal version. But please hasbro, Battle Mask Remold is a must

Police white Prowl. I love this idea for two reasons. It is a g1 homage and of course it's a white ninja. While I'm swinging for the stars please make this either the side car version or the regular mold with a battle mask.

Earth Mode Ironhide and Cliffjumper. Been requested a bunch. Activators wont cut it. Come on hasbro just announce it already

Ricochet Jazz. Cool for the same exact reason as the prowl. You get a G1 homage and now you get a black ninja

Cybertronian Kup. Cant go wrong with this prime repaint

Starlight decepticons
    [​IMG]
    I wont hold my breath for cybertron versions but I would love to have blizwing or Lugnut to match the leader megs repaint. No starscream you know who we want from that mold.

SoundBlaster. I would much rather have the black soundwave then any other neon weird racer colors. Its an homage and would look great with the above requested toys. New music instrument please.

Well guys what else have I forgotten I know theres more ideas out there

2. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Man, that is just bad. Animation team can't even keep the characters "on-model". Poor Bulkhead's got thunder-thighs.

3. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    Xd thunder thighs!

4. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    Name a U.S animated show that doesnt go off model

5. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    ....................... <.< armada XD

6. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Simpsons. Oh wait...

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Animated Ratchet into Ironhide might be too much retooling, they would have to do the arms as well as the head and light bar. I'd prefer they just do a Cybertron mode ironhide. Then swap the parts needed from that for the retools (the arms and head at least). Then perfect. =D I feel similiar to a Cybby mode wasp or CJ for their heads to BB as recolors. And vice versa. But otherwise I agree entirely on it needs more repaints. xD Though I still want a continuous flow of new molds as well, so I guess they do have to kind of balance them out per waves.

Animated:
    Elita 1's g1 team but with animated Elita's heavy black use and color variants on the trim. Opposite of what arcee is.(Arcee paint variants Arcee: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Animatedarcee.jpg Elita-1: http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Elita-1-001.jpg Basicly, Elita-1 is black where arcee would be pink, and arcee is white where elita is whatever color. New mold or tweaked backpack/head for elita though please!)
    Flmewar color scheme(Arcee mold) http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Flamewar2.jpg
    Override GTS Color scheme(Blurr Variant)
    Blue voyager Bulkhead would rock
    Nemesis Dinobots (use the basic nemesis idea for these, cept swoopt, make him more red heavy to be BW terrorsaur like.)
    Soundblaster I like the idea of, with red trim instead of light blue. =D (Soundwave)
    Purple (night stealth) Longarm/shockwave
    Ricochet jazz would rock xD
    'Blazing oilslick' in a similiar deco to blazing lockdown
    StarConvoy colors Deluxe earth mode optimus or voyager
    G1 homage sidecar prowl would rock
    StarScream Clones (all)
    G1 Silverstreak deco on Sidecar prowl. It just feels like a ninja name. Ditto to smokescreen.
    sentinal prime with yellow instead of blue, and silver for the shovel parts.
    Alternators Rollbar colored swindle
    Nemesis Cybertron mode deluxe prime (red translucent chest, black heavy coloring with silver and reds.)
    LateNite(Nightwatch but tv style) Wreck-Gar
    Classics Powerglide deco Lugnut.

Universe:
    Skids (Blue Ironhide)
    Smokescreen (blue and red Silverstreak)
    Red Alert (white and red Sideswipe)
    Ratchet ( White Ironhide retool )
    Wheeljack (white Sunstreaker Retool)
    Springer carmode (Cybertron Hotshot pre-CDF, in greens and yellow, and give him cruelocks energon weapons. Sword and Gun, though I'd prefer a new mold entirely)
    Sunstorm (seeker)
    Rainmakers (seekers)
    LeoZak (Classics Jetfire in Leozak colors and retooled liokaiser helmet for 'fear striking battle mode' >.>)
    Nemesis two pack deluxe optimus.
    Legends galvatron (Nightstick with orange barrel)
    Deadend (Black and purple/red Sunstreaker)
    Movie Hardtop into beechcomber
    Stealth (Black) legends cosmos
    Classics Cliffjumper with black detailing instead of silver. Resculpt the head while at it.
    Cybertron Overhaul into Brawn retooled head. (Though again, I'd prefer a more accurate new mold)
    Hound in Alternator's Rollbar colorscheme.
    Ravage in tigatron colors.
    Grapple (Yellow inferno)

Everything else mostly I want as new molds.

And uh, Transfomers G1? *snicker* Wait I know! 12 oz mouse. Err Well boondocks and venture bro.s are about the only serious two I know of that never have.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think SWAT Bulkhead would be sweet.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'd personally would rather see, Red alert, in the Hotshot Cybertron mold, rather then just be repaint of sunstreaker/sideswipe. personally i think giving him that mold would fit the character more. plus i love the hotshot toy lol
    skids would be nice, but would be nicer if a new mold, or at least something other then another repaint of ironhide, since the japanese are releasing ratchet already, i'd personally would like to see them keep the repaints down to no more then 2 "paints" per mold for now, use something else, with the exception of smokescreen, IF and only if he gets a slight retooling.
    wheeljack, could use a new mold, or would probably work better as a cybertron mold, or i am just going to use energon downshift, works enough for wheeljack to me lol
    springer, we already have "two" of him, one botcon him, and one coming out soon, so it would seem kind'a dumb to release another version of him, but what they should do instead, is make either a new mold, or repaint something, for sandstorm and broadside, like, if they do not want to make a new mold for the two, release, energon cliffjumper repainted as sandstorm, and tidal wave repainted as broadside, or if that is too big for them, release one of the con' ships from energon, like, dreadwing, would make a pretty good yet, keeping in the theme of the autobot "triplechangers" being voyagers, he'd make a pretty good broadside.

wouldn't mind crudlock, or classics energon, being repainted as bw dinobot.
    seekers/rainmakers, are nice, but use the ramjet mold a little too, in that mix.
    we got too many evil primes as it is, it'd be nicer to see that mold get used for something less, cliche, like maybe, instead of evil prime, repaint him as huffer or something give him a new head?
    i like the idea of deadend, and i'd like to see the other stunticons as well, maybe that "evil" prime can be motormaster instead?
    then you can repaint prowl, mirage, and one of the other cars, like bumblebee, as the rest of the stunticons?
    don't know about classics cliffjumper, i mean i already have one, i don't need two lol. even if they gave him a new head, it'd just be a pass for me.
    they are already making brawn as a legends, so it'd be pointless to have a cybertron repainted as him, but maybe instead, repaint overhaul, as outback?
    would be nice to see one of the many tanks repainted as warpath, too. any of them would work nice as him.
    heck, i think even armada megatron could make a good warpath, given a new head, that is. and the con' symbols removed, it is my favorite armada mold after all!
    would be nice to see shockwave repainted or given a new mold, especially since his armada version, is so much different, then what his "classics" version could be, since animated is tank, and the other a giant flying gun or something lol same could be true for ultra magnus, since he is not a car carrier. or they could just release that shockwave titanium mold, with out the metal? lol
    hound in rollbar? i'd rather see hound in swindle colors, just call him something else, if need be, call him a micromaster name, lol and i'd still be happy

oh, and i suggest a LOT more repaints as micromasters. lol

10. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I think the recent Spectacular Spider-man has alot of consistency. Obviously, there's going to be some hiccups here and there, but hardly noticeable. TFA has been rather sloppy on a number of episodes.

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ya know, so far we've seen one repaint for each Animated Bumblebee mold, three Lockdown repaints spread across two molds, and who knows how many Starscream repaints on the way. Shelf-warming or not, I'm surprised we haven't seen/heard of any Bulkhead repaints yet.

12. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I want a sentinel like this. xD
    Bumble Sentinel, or G1-ish Homage too.

As for skids, he pretty much was a blue Ironhide clone in the toon wasn't he?
    http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Skids/skids.htm
    Ack, nevermind, he's a bit more prowl like than ironhide. And already too many of those needed.
    http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/Skids
    The suv mode fits, and the head, but yeah the body is more prowl like in transformation. =/
    Hmm, he'd need something more like Trailbreaker/Hoist but without the front end folded down into the chest. Maybe they can pull something off similiar to the lambo Bros again. Like animated ratchet, but the head pops up below the windshield not above. or something.
    Red Alert needs his G1 self completely. Too many years of weird renditions. Needs a solid true one already.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah me too!

14. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

Me three.

15. MegaHavok

News Credits:
    You hear that hasbro bring on SWAT BULKHEAD!!!!!!!!

16. Dolza_Khyron

what about a g2 repaint of silverbolt, but, make him a con'? and name him after a micromaster? i personally think that'd be pretty cool to have :) 

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Elite Guard bulkhead is the next one on my list:wink: 

18. Dolza_Khyron

elite guard? nah he should be elite bridge designer lol!

19. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I wouldn't mind some more seekers, though we need colors that won't be too close to Thundercracker. Maybe a light blue (like I ice megatron or movie TC), white/ red, etc. Also some new coneheads would be great. Also, for those who missed the team when they where released in RID, how about the Autobot JRX/Railracer team repainted as Raiden?

20. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Voyager Bulkhead shall be repainted as Gutsman from the NES Megaman games.

THIS I COMMAND!!!

Or a blue SWAT-Bulkhead would be nice, to. :) 

If more Animated repaints do show up (as I'm sure they will) my only desire is for them to be designated as new characters, as opposed to new-deco versions of the same character. Heck, Animated has already even established that some of the robots in its universe look similar because they share protoform molds... might as well make the most of that. Though I don't know how that fares from a marketing perspective; would kids be less liable to buy a Bulkhead repaint if it weren't actually named Bulkhead?

I definitely would like to see the entire set of Starscream clones at some point. A few weeks ago, I would have said make them all Voyagers... until I picked up Activators Starscream on impulse and realized what a fantastic little figure he is. Because they're smaller and cheaper, they could even release a three-pack with several clones included (like the G.I. Joe troop-building packs). Of course, in a perfect world I'd like to see them all at BOTH size classes... but if I had to pick one size class for which I'd like a compete Seeker set, it would be Activators.