I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TIE Bomber, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooby

scooby Member

Why do people have to take this movie so seriously. Why can't people just see the movie and appreciate the fact that there is technology available that can make the idea of giant fighting robots come to life in front of us. I'm going to see it tomorrow and intend on turning the adult section of my brain off for a couple of hours, and watch two and a half hours of my childhood on the big screen. It owes me nothing, all I expect from it is to be entertained and if I walk out thinking fuck that was cool then I will be happy. My two cents.

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    The greeks and romans used naked men in all their statues and works, and humping dogs offends the modern world for a PG-13 movie that was never intended as a family or kids movie. >.> Heck the first one almost got an R rating even.

The dog humping scene is neither here nor there to me honestly. So long as they leave wheelie's scenes alone if not give him more. He was perfect in every way!

I doubt anything at all will be cut from the film though. That scene in particular is just to help cement the fact of, "oh yeah, we forgot to destroy the dog house and bedroom last movie. Let's get that out of the way one last time for oldtimes sake before sam moves out." Kind of like his, internal struggle of wanting a normal life, and these occurences of everyday wtf mixed with his stuff getting blown up helps cement his want of a normal life away from robots. He almost had a normal day going to college day, almost. That'd frustrate me too if I just wanted to life a quiet life finally.

Because visual entertainment is the same as a book just through a different medium, just as even with the technology we have to allow this, doesn't mean we don't want good stuff to back it up. Why can't it have all? IMHO, it does though. It handles the scrutiny under just light watching or even analytical breakdowns. So why can't it be appreciated both ways?

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

This is done too. I'm pretty surprised at some of the stuff I've been reading in here. Mostly just rehashing of things that have been said a hundred times or more already, and given the OP has been outed as acting hypocritical it really doesn't need to go any further.

You people need to learn to respect others opinions on the movie and everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.