I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TIE Bomber, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I avoided all spoilers & went in not knowing anything about the movie. I heard a few things & thankfully they were all wrong. So I went in totally blank & had the best time I've ever had at the movies. I've never been so completely blown away by a movie in my life. I was worried that I'd hate Wheelie, Skids & Mudflap but I loved them. I went in hating Megan Fox & that changed all because of this movie. After seeing the toys mistransformed & horribly mangled in every picture I was sure I would hate the Arcee triplets but I loved them too. I wanted the Matrix of Leadership & got it. I wanted to see some ancient Cybertronians & got that too. I wanted long insane battles & robot carnage & it totally delivered. I loved every second of the movie & I felt like I did when I was a little kid watching The Empire Strikes back for the 1st time. I just ate it all up & wanted more. I saw it a second time with my friend & he loved it too. I couldn't wait to come to the boards & see everybody raving about how totally fricken awesome it was. But instead what did I find???

:confused: :wtf: :( 

How depressing, hateful & negative can people get? I don't even see 1 decent thread about the movie here. And I felt like I got kicked in the nuts when I saw the critics reviews. I stayed away from the internet for a few weeks to avoid spoilers, I should never have come back. I never realized just how hateful society is these days. People cannot be pleased. They hate everything & everybody. All they like to do is argue, disagree & fight. How many movies get good reviews these days? Hardly any! People are so miserable I don't know why they even bother to go to the movies anymore. They hate everything & should just stay home & drown in their apathy.

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

You aren't alone my friend, I feel the exact same way. I went in knowing VERY little about the film, and I loved the first one so I hyped this one to unbelievable levels.... and IT DELIVERED!

RotF was amazing, I too am disgusted by all the complaining.

3. newguy

newguy i

Yep thats just what happens when a TF movie/ show comes out.

4. FriskyPinewood

FriskyPinewood Well-Known Member

This will not end well.

5. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

I actually got the opposite...

Mudflap and Skids made me want to throw up(I loved the rest of the movie though!). I don't have words to describe how disappointed I was that Devastator didn't eat which ever one it was. But I get online and everybody LOVES them. There's some point with those two that I'm missing or something. XD

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Man I totally agree with you on this. These boards are FULL of negativity. I used to read and post here all the time, however I hardly do anymore. You are right, they are all inappeasable fanboys who hate everything.

I saw the movie twice so far and I actually loved it more the second time! I am sure I will see the damn thing again because it was great!

7. Brolga01

Brolga01 Olé

I FEEL THE SAME WAY DUDE!!!! :mad  God people these days!!!

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I think they're just going to click with different people for different reasons. I liked 'em, but I can see why they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

The same is true for the movie. Despite its problems and plot holes, I still had fun in the end, and that's what matters.

9. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

But you went to the Animated forum here and said you were GLAD TO SEE IT GO and you didn't like it. So it's ok for you to hate but for those who didn't like the movie they are "depressing, hateful and negative? Ok now I'm confused.

I liked the movie by the way but I can see why many don't like it, the film is highly enjoyable but deeply flawed.

10. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

I agree with you all that there is alot of negativity around here. . . but how can you honestly not say there are some major flaws with the film?

Yes, the average movie goer wont notice anything wrong. But to the fans who are able to follow the characters and know what is suppose to go on, are totally let down.

Ofcourse the graphics and camera shooting was way better than the first, but some of the scenes could have been taken a little further.

Sideways getting knocked off so quickly??

Demolishor not putting up much of a fight??

I dont wanna go on, but yes there is alot of negativity, and rightfully so. There was so much hype for the film and it did not live all the way up to it.

Yes a great movie, but not as great as was expected.

11. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Busted. :wink: 

12. tampa

tampa Member

i too loved it... I hope this stays a positive bandwagon thread :) 

EDIT: no more hating guys... :( 

13. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There definitely is a lot of hate, but there also is a lot of love. Both sides are extremely vocal, and its becoming quite the arguement. I think its going to die down soon, only to come back full force when filming of the sequel starts.

14. MegatronSupporter

MegatronSupporter Well-Known Member

I know how you feel to an extent,I mean that I just feel sad about all the hate for the movie unlike last time. Though,I'll feel even more upset if we don't get anymore live action Transformers movies in the future.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ooh ouch.

Buuuusssttteeeed

16. michael_knight

michael_knight Well-Known Member

This. I don't know why, but it seems people react more to negative opinions rather than positive. Instead of people talking about what they liked about the movie, all they do is bitch and complain about little details that hardly make any difference. Is the movie perfect? No. Did I go in expecting it to be? No, I didn't, but it was just what I wanted it to be and more. It kicked ass enough said.

17. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

yeah, the movie thread is splitting into two groups. haters vs. people who enjoy the movie. the moviebots vs. the de-cinema-cons. yeah, i came up w/ that. i am a moviebot! you with me?

18. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I totally agree with you man

19. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    So because some people didn't love the movie and want to express their opinions on why they didn't you guys go and say we just hate everything and the movie was great. Some people have different opinions then yours and of course it's natural for people to talk more about negative things than positive.

20. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Which is, of course, why people like me rather enjoyed the first movie.

Face it, we keep seeing excuses about "haters" because that's all a lot of people have to throw back. It's incomprehensible to them that a lot of people just don't think it's a very good film.

They must be haters! Their opinion is different than mine!

Kinda juvenile, really.

- Coeloptera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.