I can't believe I missed these references!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Spock, Star Trek, Wrath of Kahn line already mentioned.

I can't believe I missed this.

Star Trek had a plot that a very large alien structure heading for Earth, V'Ger. This thing can convert matter into energy and data. Spock who was in a ritual to purge his emotions finds he couldn't do it. Somehow he senses V'Ger and rejoins Kirk and crew.

Taking initiative alone he discovers V'Ger came from a machine planet. Turns out at the end V'Ger stands for Voyager 6. A probe programed to gather data and send them to humanity. The machines evolved it to child like sentience and allowed it to return to its creators, humans.

Cybertron looked more of hive but is still a machine planet in a movie with Leonard Nimoy and about some human space program. And living machines.

Oh another bit is that Sentinel Prime gave back the Matrix to Optimus Prime.

Spock in TOS has been noted not to seek command. But none more so than his Mirror Universe counterpart who never sought being a captain.

"I do not desire the captaincy. I am much more content with my scientific duties. And I am frankly content to be a lesser target." - Mirror Spock

Sentinel Prime has a beard and he is a scientific genius.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Mirror Spock superseeded Hoshie's clone and became emperor which didn't turn out so well for the Terran Empire as they got beat into dust by the Cardassian/Klingon Union and only got out of it after over a century due to Vulcan shenanigans - which was Spocks intention all along to prevent a crash which would have lasted even longer.

This is detailed partly in Deep Space Nine partly in Enterprise and partly in a Novel that is seen as the official back story to the events.