I can someone tell me, how the plot in ROTF was not good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SlyTF, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

Leo is a hispanic stereotype:p 

just kidding:D 

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Actually, considering everything all these robots can seemingly do, it was less realistic.

3. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

There is WAY too much wrong with ROTF's plot to simplify here.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be nice if more people got the distinction but sadly I don't think they ever will. I enjoy the heck out of Army of Darkness but there is no way that it's a great example of the cinematic arts. There are other movies that I didn't personally enjoy but would still call excellent examples of film making.

I don't know maybe people these days just have too limited of a taste in films now and don't have the range anymore to really compare movies.

5. RoastDude

RoastDude Constructicon

ROTF was an enjoyable movie, but it wasn't a good movie.

That about sums it up.

6. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I liked the scenes in ROTF more, Optimus jumping out of an airplane!!! Optimus and megatron fight without it cutting to the humans fighting another robot. Megatron and starscream fighting. The first movie had the Autobot's arrival, ROTF had the Decepticon's arrival, I liked that scene better than the autobots one. I loved the whole Shanghi chase scene, I loved the scene when Starscream, Megatron, and The Fallen had a conversation. Thats what every one says the first movie lacked, they added it in ROTF and people still didnt like it. I liked The Fallen's brodcast, Devistator combining, Bumblebee and Raage fighting, Sam's parents screaming at him while random shit explodes, Optimus combining with Jetfire, and Megatron and The Fallen vs Jetfiremus prime.

With TF 1 the exciting scenes to me where Quatar or however you spell it, BB vs Barricade, Autobot arrival, and the whole final battle. I love TF1 but looking at it now, its ind of boring

7. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Nah, I only do that with TF movies, I just get so excited!

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I.

I disagree, I still think it was the most realistic way to pull off a combination between a bunch of extremely heavy vehicles into a mechanical gorilla vaccuum cleaner.

9. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ROTF is one of those movies, like the first TF movie, that thinks up the spectacle first, then makes a plot to fit that. This means that while it's funny and pretty and enjoyable in these spectacle events, it's not a good movie in the technical sense because of the weak "justification" for the events to happen. That said, everyone I know who's seen it enjoyed it, but they agree it could've been better plot-wise.

11. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Totally agreed. And that's just what I want- a spectacle. An enjoyable movie. Something I will watch again to look back on those "OMGHOLYSHIT" moments.

That does not mean it was good. Sure, I'll fast forward through certain parts when I get the DVD, but I mostly enjoyed it.

12. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Based on the thread title I thought this was a "I can haz Cheeseburgerz" style thread.

but to answer the question about the plot. No, no it was not good!

I mean was any bit of the plot surprising even sans spoilers?

For the decades of wonderful writing and plots for Transformers you almost have to be kidding me that they chose to go this route.
    Their was literally 0 build up for the climax of the movie and no real suspense it was so cookie cutter run of the mill plot you could have picked a myriad of less succesful movies for the plot. Never mind how Bay invariabley seems to change local and time with out any regards for how in the hell is that possible or even likely in a course of events. LOL why by the way did they waste so much salary on getting the actors for Sam's parents into the movie when their parts were completely unneccesary. Did scrapper actually need them to get Sam's attention. Its almost as if scrapper wasnt 20 + feet tall and could just grab sam and run away

I akin ROTF to a car wreck.

It is enough of a spectacle that everyone on the highway wants to stop and stare but no one ever stops to hear the peoples stories of what happened.

Hell based on the way most people rubber neck at car accidents that kinda explains ROTF's success. :) 

13. slmon

slmon Member

It was too much of a cluster - a grab bag of random stuff and it wasn't very coherent. That said, it had some elements I really liked, i.e. some Megs/SS conversation, more emphasis on the Cons and the Alice character (excellent concept if used sparingly/intelligently).

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I'll say this: the plot wasn't bad in concept, but it wasn't one that justified a 2:40 movie.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The plot wasn't bad. How it was executed was.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Only part of the movie that failed for me was how they handled things after Optimus death. The end of the movie could have been much better if they had paced it more, and not went with the totally happy ending.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i dunno, i thought the plot was pretty good-with the Allspark destroyed, Megatron and his master, an ancient being who knew of a great power source, decide to use that power source to rebuild their army. Sam, who has been enfused with the energy and knowledge of the allspark, including the location of the key, doesnt want any of this responsibility and tries to ignore it, which gets him kidnapped and Prime killed. Sam then needed to find out what the symbols meant, and once he learned it from jetfire, he decided to use it to revive Prime. they find the key as the badguys attack and try to take it from him. fortunately, he gets it to prime just in time to kick some skidplate and stop the badguys from blowing up earth.

seems exciting and pretty good to me.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back-up plan kid, if Sam and Mikaela managed to escape Starscream and others during a real chase, they'd use his parents to keep him in place.

Too bad Bumblebee showed up and kicked some Constructicon ass.

p.s. it was rampage, scrapper is the one that tried to shoot 'em with a wrecking ball

19. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I thought the plot was acceptable, but some characters/ events could have been fixed.

20. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

I didn't have a problem with the plot. the only things I would've changed in the movie were taking out the sexual jokes. other than that, the movie was pretty fine to me.