I Broke My New Transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Poho, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I went to Toys R Us yesterday (I had to drag a very disgruntled girlfriend into the TF isle) and saw only one Classics Jetfire. I immediately snagged it and went to the cash. I got home, spent about ten minutes with those #$%^ing twist ties (i eventually brought out the wire cutters) and took him out of the box.

Now, stupidly, without paying close attention, I made the first movement. I immediately heard something snap! WTF!? I broke off one of the little guns attached to his super-mode helmet! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not even out of the box for a full minute and i broke it.

What the hell do i do? ...besides lament in shame?

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Super glue?

3. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

NO!!!!! BRING IT BACK MAN.... lol get a discount at least.

4. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    i left the super-mode helmet off of him, i think he looks better next to the rest of the classics with out it
    Sorry bout your luck. I HATE THOSE D@MN TIES

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just glue it back on and don't fiddle with that piece much.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    return it

7. JinraiPrime

There was a Supreme Starscream at Zellers for 63$.... the box was ripped at the top exposing the figure.... so i asked if i could get a discount, and the counter girl said no. I said can i speak to the manager please. The manager calls in and she explains to him that i wanted the figure as a collector but with the condition of the box its value is almost nil. He proceeds to say 50$? I say no, i dont think LOOK at that box its open! STUFF could be missing! So he comes back with a price of 25$ and i say SOLD... figure was MINT complete... box was damaged.... smile was large.

8. Poho

News Credits:
    WHAT A STEAL!!!!!! yeah, i'd take it back, except that A) the box wasnt open B) it was ME who did the damage and C) there was only one Jetfire there.

EDIT: i tried the same thing to get a discount on Alt. Sideswipe, as the box was open and various twisties and instruciton booklets were missing, but the bitch wouldnt give a discount off the 39.99$ CDN price (RIDICULOUS, I KNOW) so i just wound up taking it. i knew they werent going to sell a damaged product, at that price. i'd have gladly paid 20 for it. maybe even 25. but nope.

9. JinraiPrime

Dont expect it from Wal-Mart their policy is to give 10% off if there is stuff MISSING.....arsehole as tight as a nuns

EDIT: Tried same thing with Cybertron Primus, was 69.99 in much worse shape than the Supreme Starscream with parts actually missing... and I talked to the manager and everything and she was like "10% off sound good?" I was like.... ill just put this back.

10. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That sucks, Poho. I'd feel bad about taking him back too, as those douches would probably just put him back on the shelf for someone else. Try some super glue, or maybe even some All Purpose Plastic Pipe Cement (the stuff used by plumbers to solvent weld PVC and ABS plastic pipe). Not sure what type of plastic your broken part is, though.

11. Poho

News Credits:
    thanks fir the input, d00d. ill see if i can find some old model glue or something.

12. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Happened to me too same day I bought it. But yea I used some epoxy and its all good now, the glue won't ruin the helmet.

13. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    you don't know you own strength mang

14. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Broke mine too. A little super glue plus some proper handling and you should be A-OK.

Still sucks though.

15. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    Brings back memories of a Christmas long past, where I snapped an arm off my Whirl the first time I tf'ed him. It never feels good.

16. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the model glue doesn't do the trick, try some of that plumber's cement, some epoxy, or super glue. Hope you can find something that works.

17. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

YOu can get a real good discount in Walmart by

1) Being REALLY pissed off
    2) And lying by saying the tag/label said it was whatever you want to pay(say you found it in the clearance aisle. Make sure its the last one too) and that its damaged. trust me, wifey works for walmart and knows the tricks as she sees them used daily.

Sucks that you busted your Jetfire..i did it with Alt Prime..2 seconds in and i broke off the door...it was an easy fix though.

18. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Just return it for full refund and claim it's defected. I used that all the time to return open toys.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    My Jetfire's broke too, a design flaw in the launcher caused it to break where the red plastic meets the black plastic. I just put it back together (used the missle to hold it in place) and not try to take it off. Super glue and alittle love should be enough to fix the head-gun, seeing as how it's attached.

20. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

Sorry man, that's gotta suck. I got my Jetfire yesterday, and have had no trouble with him, though I must admit quality control has been a bit of an issue with this line (my starscream has 2 right legs, meaning one leg only bends forward). It is unfortunate that Jetfire is so rare, otherwise I'd say return him. As it is, a bit of super/modeling glue wouldn't hurt, or you could just get used to him missing a relativley minor piece (I'm used to it: my energon op is missing a windshield, cruellock is missing a claw, and I have a tendency to lose missiles left and right). If nothig else, try and sell it on ebay as an almost mint Jetfire: there are probably some people so desperate to get him they'd be willing to both overlook his missing piece.