I apologize in advance, but...

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Prowl, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I was there. There was even a lab coat. We had to share it, but it was there.

2. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I am Sarnian1979, and I endorse this message!

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    84Forever still going? i thought I served him earlier-never came up with a comeback to what I'd said to him earlier, only responded to the last 1/3 of my post.

4. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    1984Forever must prefer stories like B.O.T., Atlantis, Arise, Day of the Machines, Autobot Spike, A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court, Child's Play, Sea Change, The Girl Who Loved Powerglide, Hoist Goes Hollywood and Kremzeek to the modern comic stories of today.

I find many season two episodes from the 80s to be unwatchable just to how dumb and ridiculous they are, the number of good well written episodes were very few in number. Those episodes were aimed towards little kids so they didn't care about quality whereas the writers of today are producing comics aimed towards adult fans.

I still say many readers would rather have well written stories featuring obscure characters than poorly written stories featuring popular characters.

5. gregles

gregles quintesson

Maybe he went away after that 1984 bot speculation thread being derailed and getting closed due to it turning into piss take of him or her. I sincerely didn't make that thread with any kind of mean intention I was just wondering if anyone had any interesting ideas in relation to those 1984 robots.

I don't share but respect this 1984forever persons views, if they wish to believe in there own (arguably fictitious) vision of a transformers history, fair enough, its not exactly harmming us and I don't wish to ague with them and derail this or any thread

6. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Okay guys. Let's stop bashing 84. Yeah his close mindednes is stupor inducing but he's entitled to his opinion. If he claims something as fact, yeah call him out. But let's get back to fawning over these comics.

How long until the next issue again?

7. Kraken

News Credits:
    Sorry dude, that was my fault, I couldn't resist the open goal, and it snowballed from there!

8. gregles

gregles quintesson

Its ok dude these things happen, I would be lying if I didn't find it funny too. maybe the subject didn't require a whole thread anyway has anyone got any interesting theories on those robots here?

9. Kraken

News Credits:
    My theory is that Roberts and Barber are building to have another war ignite, but this time between the whole of Cybertron and the wider galaxy. I don't think the Legislators (1984 bots) are Cybertronian, they may have been created though to mimic Cybertronians (possibly by the Quintessons!) That and the fact that the Galactic Council look like they might be looking to make a move against Cyberton.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  10. gregles

gregles quintesson

this new war brewing you speak of could be very interesting, if the quintessons are in any way involved I bet they would be selling weapons of mass atrociousness to rival brainstorms to both sides. As for the 1984 bots I think they could be cybertronian but they are a prototype telepathic thought police types maybe developed by the senate to really cruelly control the population but they got out of control and went rouge themselves. there targets continue to mystify me why the crystal city and skids? I haven't read autocry so I don't know whether what I suggested is impossible or not.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I could have sworn they were called Legislators.

12. Kraken

News Credits:
    Yes, that's what I said...

*Looks skyward and whistles innocently*

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

A plot from the quintessons? Dunno, that seems far to cliché. Not in what I expect from MTMTE. The Quintessons could be part of the Council races tho.

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Yeah the council seems a touch odd, you have this...Plague for millions of years that suddenly is at peace, you'd think the universe leadership would JUMP at the change to encourage cybertronian peace. but they seem to be fanning the flames now...

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Agreed. Quints would be way too cliche and stupid in MTMTE considering how the Transformers race is fleshed out.

My personal theory, for now, is that they would rather have them kill eachother. The way that fleshling with a stupid hat said Magnus was better than them and all that guck makes me think they plan on re-igniting the war to have the Transformers wipe themselves out.

16. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Probably because the Cybertronian race is a big threat to them.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Too true. seemingly ageless beings that will be there long after their organic grandkids have died... scary thought.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just read volume 1 of MTMTE. It was good. I really like the dialogue. I do have one complaint...Not much happened other than the ship landing because the thruster malfunctioned. The sparkeater seemed like filler. They introduced Skidz after the future message, but it wasn't expanded on after that(atleast in vol 1), which is understandable. They're saving that for later. Of course, I've only read 3 issues so it makes sense that only a little has happened.

I expect alot in the next issues I read.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    A lot does happen in the future issues, and a lot of those seeds planted in those three are expanded on.

Skids is actually being expanded apon right now in the current issues. You really should catch up. It gets a lot more intricate.

20. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope so. After reading the great reviewsand with everyone saying it's amazing, my expectations are through the roof