I am want to bitch smack dumbass TV anchors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I am watching the CBS Morning news and they had a special on War Horse. You know a movie that has been out for like 2 weeks that I really wanted to see.

So what the fuck do they do, they tell you the fucking ending and what happens and why it is fucking moving. Do you think they said anything about spoilers in the segment or anything? Nope. Just a bunch of fucking bs. I really did not need or want to know how the fuck the movie ends. Fucking dumb bitch needs a bitch slap.

Thanks for ruining it for me. I don't see the benefit of telling the ending. People who wanted to see it will be pissed, and people who saw it knows what fucking happened.

Really really annoyed at this point. Fuck you TV, fuck you.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Calm down, bro. You're full-on mad!

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Haha, I love a good movie. Was planning to see it either this weekend or next. I am a movie buff, so nothing upsets me like someone who saw the movie and was "touched by it" and tells you the ending. Really, maybe I wanna feel it for myself.

I am not talking about in Titanic the boat sinks. We all know that. But imagine all the details of the scenes and the shit that happens and why it is so critical to the movie and the movies message. Just annoying. I find TV does this more and more.

4. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having seen the film, they didnt tell you the full ending. Its hard to say how spoilers would apply to this movie because the book its based over has been out for thirty years and the stage production has been out for several. Also the story isnt what drives the movie its the cinematography.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going to guess that someone dies.

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Some people didn't. When I went to see Titanic, I was walking out of the theater, and there were these teenage girls behind me, and one of them said, I shit you not, "what a stupid way to end the movie. The boat sinks?"

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Al I get why you are upset. I am a movie guy more than I am a TF guy (and you know how passionate I am about TFs) so you can imagine how much I adore movies. I hate when they spoil endings. I use to be a huge Rosie O'Donnell fan until she gave up the ending to FightClub before it was released (thank god I saw an advanced screening) I stopped watching her after that.

All that being said...really? War Horse? I still don't get why Spielberg bothered with that film, dude has about 5 films in him MAX and that is what he wasted it on. yeesh. I doubt you missed much but if I had to guess an ending, The Horse dies saving his old master/friend.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Haha, oh wow.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I can sorta equal the "that's a stupid ending" comment.

When I was walking out of Fight Club I actually heard this GINO (Guido for youz americans) say " If it wasn't for the fighting that movie would suck" . I tell you, the intelligence and sophisitcation of today's society scares me.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    That is the dumbest thing I have heard. It amazes me how Teens don't want to learn anything. How do you not know anything about the Titanic by the time your a teen?

As for movie all time, I need to smack this person moments, after the first Matrix, some dumb bitch behind me was like, "I don't know, I think that was just like Mortal Kombat, but Mortal Kombat was better".

As for Fight Club, whoever gives up the ending to fight club needs to be donkey punched.

As for War Horse, I heard great things about the play so I wanted to see if Speilberg would mess it up like he has been as of late.

SPOILER ALERT:

While I had a feeling the horse would bite the big one, it's still nice to find out for myself. But no, they say that the horse runs through a field of barbed wire and meets his demise. The vision of the horse being ripped by the wire stops the battling. Before hearing more, I switched the channel, as I am sure they were going to go into greater detail like the dumb cunts they are.

I never read the book or anything. So it would have been nice to find out for myself. Seems like all they do today, even in reviews is give the whole plot of the movie. Back in the day, they use to compare it to older movies and talk about the cinematography and the acting.

BTW, curious to think what people thought of "The Hurt Locker". I am so annoyed by all these people saying it was boring. To me it was one of the best movies made between 2001-2011.

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry Al, Hurt Locker was the most over hyped film of 2010 and did not deserve best Director. The ONLY reason it won is because of the acadamy banded together to sink Avatar, due to the hate on people have for Cameron.

I don't think the picture was boring, it was good but the director and the writer failed in promoting the message. The film was about a guy addicted to war and who can not function in the real world. Watching it I could have sworn the dude had a death wish and if they didn't mention 3 different times I would not had known he was a war addict. They really needed to spend a lot more time with him at home and not being able to adjust.

All in all, decent movie but it failed miserably in defining the character and thus failed as a film. When a director needs to force feed you the message because the message was not delivered in the film, the director failed.

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lolwut?

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I agree with Al. The ending to Fightclub is a big WTF and Fincher did a very good job with keeping it a secret throughout the whole film. Giving up that ending is just as bad as giving up the ending to Sixth Sense.

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Good points. I guess I just looked at the movie from a different angle. I looked at it as what other movies always try to do, and that is to make war look like more then what it is.

I think this movie was honest. I personally have not been to war, but have a bunch of buddies he have gone. They say this and Jar Head are the closest it go to war. The one thing that may have made me not question this is that the friends I have, have done 3 or 4 tours of duty in Iraq. So that guy is what I saw in my friends.

Some of my favorite parts in the movie made you feel the "hurt" if you will.
    - The sniper scene is one of the best scenes in a movie in a long time. With the tension of the heat, the dryness, the bullets getting bloodied. Just insanity all around without needing the Michael Bay "BOOM"

- I also really like the scene where he decided to go find the person who stuck the bomb in the little boy. I was thinking, oh man, this movie is doing the whole Rambo BS right here. It was such a relief when he was like, WTF am I doing and went back to base.

The movie, personally was full of tension.

As for Fight Club, I will defend that movie till my death. It was a poorly reviewed movie by all the "experts". However, what makes a great movie is how timeless it is.

I dare anyone to tell me that movie is not MORE relevant today then the day it was released. I say if it was released today, there would be even more fight clubs then they currently are.

I wonder if we would have ever had MMA if it wasn't for Fight Club.

It's funny, because everyone loves Sixth Sense, and while I enjoyed it, I really enjoyed Unbreakable more then Sixth Sense. The thing I liked about that movie is that you would have to be blind not to know who the villian was. That was not the twist of the movie. The twist of the movie was the fact that you were watching a super hero genre movie and you didn't even know it. That was the most clever part. Then M Night Sham a lama ding dong's career went down the toilet. Who ever could forget Mark Whalberg talking to that plant in whatever that craptastic movie was called. "Hey Plant, please don't kill us. By the way, say Hello to your mother for me."

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    When bad grammar and mental health collide folks....

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    That was the greatest success of Unbreakable, aside from being a great movie in general. He tricked you in to watching a superhero movie without knowing it. It says a lot about M Knight, although he has become a total hack nowadays. And please don't talk about the Happening. I remember watching that in theatres and wanting to take my eyes out very early on in the film. The story sucked, the acting was horrible and ...the movie is just unbearable...."whata twist"

I agree with Hurt Locker capturing the reality of war as best as a movie can. My real beef was that 2 or 3 different character said striaght up " You are crazy man, you are addicted to war!" Which was the whole theme of the movie yet without those lines the theme failed to show itself. Writer and Director FAIL!

p.s. Al if you ever want to talk film, shoot me a PM. I am a film major so I can give you the whole technical, artictis and production views on film whenever you like. Also I can talk film forever and a day.

17. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Let's do it, I love film:

Here is a thread I started for this:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/general-discussion/526614-movie-discussion-thread-not-just-transformers-movie-expect-spoilers.html

The first topic, Dark City vs. the Matrix.

However, your post makes me want to discuss Se7en. I studied that in a basic film studies class. We studied how well that movie was made and how the use of modern technology for the time (5.1 surround) and darkness captured you into the movie.

They said that nothing can bring a person more into a movie then the sound of rain and having the darkness of the movie seep into a theater. I gotta agree, that movie was insane.

For the longest time I would watch anything that Brad Pitt, Ed Norton and Kevin Spacy made, they almost couldn't fail. Then Brad married Jennifer Anniston and it seemed like all their movies went to crap.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Se7en did not succeed because of its sound. First off it is Fincher directing it, you see that man's name in the credits and you know you are in for a treat. Se7en succeeded in being a very disturbing film with extremely disturbing images and yet it showed you very little. It is an old rule that seems to have been lost recently but horror movies of the late 70s and early 80s really understood it.

The only person that can scare YOU the most is YOU. If you really want to scare an audience you need to lead them to the fear but do not feed it to them. Show them what they need to form a base and let their own personal images fill in the blanks. Se7en mastered this. A few pictures here a flash there and in the end the viewer is left with the most disturbing images they have ever seen.

Another prime example of this is Scareface. The film was almost banned because of the chainsaw scene. The scene was said to be to violent and grotesque to be screened and yet if you watch it they show nothing but elude to everything. Very much like the shower scene in Psycho.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "An armistance happens"

20. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly I want to thank you for spoiling the ending to War Horse. I know now not to take my wife to see it. She was interested, but suspicious as to the horse's fate. She will not be able to deal with watching the horse die.

It's great that she's sensitive to the suffering and untimely deaths of animals, but she takes it to extremes. She couldn't even finish Rise of the Planet of the Apes, knowing full well there isn't a real ape in the entire movie and even if there had been, they'd've been actor apes. Thankfully it was just a rental, I didn't buy a ticket.

I personally dug The Hurt Locker. I love the scene in the supermarket, after he's come back from the war, and he's just looking at the rows of cereal boxes, and even though he doesn't say anything, you know what he's thinking. You know where his mind went. That scene stays with me, crystal clear, even after the rest of the movie has faded. That was some good moviemaking.