I am Thankful

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brutus, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, it's all a matter of opinion. You are entitled to yours, but you can't tell me that I would see a difference. Because on the whole I do not. You saying that you think people who think they are alike probably never saw G1. This statement was kind of single-minded, don't you think? We all are entitled to our opinions, and I'm sorry for coming across in a way that I didn't respect yours (that last post of mine was a little sharp). As Ash said, we can debate it all we want. But it's not like we are going to change each others opinions.

But, as a question to you, you really didn't see the classic character of Prime in his dilalogue scenes? Really?

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did see Prime, Yes I would agree that of all the Movie Bots, Prime was close, more then Minor like I original posted. For me, he was the only one. But I really thought Killing the unarmed disabled bot was very out of content and didn't really like it. To me it just wasn't Prime.

For me as a G1 Fan I just cant see the similarities in the other bots which just makes it a different world to me. Megatron Bowing was like Vader infamous "NOOOOOO" in ROTS..Cringeworthy.

3. Shadow25

News Credits:
    Alright. That's your opinion then. While I disagree with it somewhat, I'm not going to question or argue it.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Characters modifications is pretty much the whole fun of ADAPTATING 'em.

Evolutions happen along the process, Megatron started as a generic 80's villain getting redesigned in TF1, but with TF2 he evolved to more, a robot loyal to his cause that was willing to do anything to save their race (of course theres the problem that his race is quite a bloodthirsty bunch), Bee evolved from just KID APPEAL to somebody that would fiercely fight for the life of his friend.

Like the movie staff said in the past, being 100% copies of the past not just fails for lacking to give new experiences, they also fail with themselves because they feel no attachment to just CTRL C + CTRL V the lore.

5. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Animated was a total different adaption, and I loved it.

6. Shadow25

News Credits:
    Great post. And starting to think about it, I like Megatron's more complex character, though I still think that he shouldn't have served anybody, that's a classic trait that's been through every Megatron to date.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I seen it. I swear I did.

::::ah wish I could remember what movie that was::::

8. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    @Aprim: I don't see how that's relevant when my point is that changes are nescessary to anything that isn't a remake, or else it gets stale.

Movie Megatron doing something different from, idk, Armada Megatron is completely fine because they're NOT the same character, it's completely different from Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOO".

9. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Megatron isn't the same Megatron either, neither is Prime or anyone else for that matter.

Animated Megatron was totally different too, but they all kept one thing the same. Megatron submits to know one. Not even Unicron, so Movie Megatron has that moment where he bows..It was horrible..

BUt in the first movie when he flicks the human..to me thats Megatron. That was different, more ruthless then G1 cartoon, but a nice touch.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I agree, one of the few changes that I don't agree with. Megatron is his own man...er, robot. It's an essential part of his character.

11. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    wELL. I liked it, gives another face to the character, Megatron demands total loyalty from robots under his command, and how much he values that was shown with his respect for The Fallen, The Fallen was the original leader, he knew much more than everybody else, and Megatron recognized that.

Plus, if you make everybody a backstabbing little shit, Starscream never really gets to shine.

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but where was the Fallen when Megs was trapped on earth for 100's of years? There were no Primes on earth at the time.
    When Megatron goes back to the Mothership and see's the fallen (like he was never gone for 100'S of years) why wasn't there any dialogue about...Where were you???I been waiting for years! I don't know, I think the movie could of done without the Fallen.

13. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked GI joe...and I love the TF Movieverse.

14. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    The Fallen didn't know where Megatron was, he didn't know the Allspark went to Earth either, and as far as he knew, there was a Prime involved.

Therefore he had to stay in the mothership, and dispatch all the TF1 Decepticons to look for Megatron, and lately, dispatched even more to freaking REVIVE HIM instead of just letting somebody else have his job, there last thing Megatron would do is complain about that, isn't it?

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With any luck it will be a live and learn thing for the production team.

First movie it wasn't really Prime to just leave Bumblebee in the hands of the Men In Black ripoffs. Second movie they seem to have got the message and Prime ends up getting killed because he wasn't willing to just leave Sam in the hands of the Decepticons.

So perhaps with a bit of luck our new writer has read how Megatron bowing down to anyone just isn't Megatron and in the third movie we will be back to a Megatron that doesn't bend to the will of any one. It would be really cool if Megatron was just setting up The Fallen to be killed by Prime so he could be the only power, but that might be a little too much credit to give.

There is always some risk to adaptations. Sometimes an adaptation finds cool new exciting areas to take old stories and sometimes an adaptation misses the point by a mile. It's not just a Transformers thing just look at how any movie based on a book or a comic book both hits and misses the mark. It's always going to be hit and miss so all you can do is hope for more hits than misses. At least we didn't end up with something like Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer.

16. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I've never witnessed that.
    Hostilities and defensiveness seem pretty equal to me.

17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Well, if I remember correct the first live action film started out as a live action G1 film, but then they changed that. So yeah- they started off as the original characters, but re-invented them for this newly invented, non-G1 universe.

Prime and Jazz are the only ones- IMO- that maintain any recognizability to the G1 versions of the characters. To me, it means nothing that Bumblebee is yellow or Starscreem is a jet. In all the multiverse, is Bumblebee the only yellow robot, or Starscreem the onlt jet? Ratchet the only ambulance or public service vehicle? Is G1 Megaron the only Megatron that led the Decepticons?

But that's just my opinion.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers movie > GI Joe movie

I watched GI Joe the other night and I too am thankful our beloved giant robot franchise did not turn out like that movie, Baroness is hot though :) 

19. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Quoted for 100% agreement.

20. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    That's the only thing I say when people bring up that movie.