I am such a geek...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Sep 4, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I finally bought something that really makes me a geek.... A Naruto Leaf Village Headband.. the good $20 version. I put it on and can't help but feel like a total dork. I'm just gonna hang it on my bed...

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    took your damn time to realize that too.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That still makes you no where close in geeky-ness to in-costume Star Wars & Star Trek fans.

And even they pale in comparison to the Klingons (costume, mannerisms, language, smell *yuck*)...damn Klingons. *shudder*

But hey, if you like the characters then that's fine. I never liked Star Trek until my brother made me watch Next Generation a year ago. And I gotta say, compared to today's crap t.v. shows, this has great stories and very memorable characters. And practically all of the episodes touch upon certain issues or teach moral lessons not seen very often in our current t.v. shows.

Star Wars is a favorite of mine because it has a good story and good characters. But I don't get too into it (like someone who would know what star system so and so is from, etc). I just wish Lucas didn't kill off so many great people *cough*BobaFett*cough* and gave us more insight into it's many characters.

And as far as Anime goes, I only seem to like ones with realistic action and giant robots/mecha. That's why I only seem to like Gundam. I just can't get into any other anime. I tried Dragon Ball, but those episodes where WAY too drawn out. Hell, somethimes 2 guys would just start each other down for the entire episode. Screw that!

My favorite Gundam series is the "08th M.S. Team" because of it's drive towards realism and the lack of new-types (ace Mobile Suit pilots) cutting down 50-something bad guys in a split second. Instead, we'll see situations where the hero (Shiro Amada in his Gundam Ez-8) and his 5 buddies are trying to take out one highly-skilled enemy (Norris Packard in his Gouf Custom) in a urban environment. Or our heroes in their mobile suits sniping away from the cover of a mountain side.

One part that really got me interested in that series was when 3 Zeon Zaku-II units stopped in a small village. One of the pilots opened his cockpit to peek out and say hi to the villagers. The villagers were peaceful and welcoming of the troops. Then all of a sudden, a man came running out of a hut with an rocket propelled grenade (rpg) and shot at the exposed Zaku-II pilot. The rpg hit it's target, killing the pilot and caused the village to erupt into chaos.

Ah, I'm rambling on again.

Listen, it's good to like something. Just don't like it too much. Everything in moderation.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd rather have the Sand headband.

5. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

Ha, I think I still have one of the nice ones from a year ago or something.

6. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

I can't stand Naruto thanks to the whiny fangirl that goes to my school. :mad 

7. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

We've got 2+ at mine. :( 

"SASUKE-KUN!! OMG OMG OMG!!! MY KAWAII BISHIE!"

I try to stay as far away from the Anime Club as I can.

8. flamepanther

I hate that variety of fangirl. Ugh. A similar type of fan kept me off of Harry Potter for ages. Now the sheer triteness of the first book keeps me off of it. Anyway, Naruto is good. If you can get past those fans, it'll be worth getting into.

9. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

Actually newtypes aren't just "aces"...im most of the series it is considered almost an evolution....like an andvanced real world 6th sense. :) 

10. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Then how do we explain Norris Packard? He totally kicked everyone's ass until he went after the final guntank.

And yes, if I'm factually wrong about that^ then I'll admit I'm sorry and wrong for the error.

As Prime would say, "My Bad."

Ah fiddlesticks! I'm just gonna get in an argument if I stay here. Time to unsubscribe!

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    What the hell does that mean? I get 'cute' from that, but the rest is alien to me.

Also, to the thread starter, you will only be truly geeky if you wear it outside.
    Dont worry, I was tempted by a Naruto ps2 game, and I despise Naruto with every fiber of my being. (The game was a pretty fun button masher, the combo's were awesome. I played as some guy with a metal eye-patch.)

12. flamepanther

Newtypes are empaths. In some cases, they can sense what enemy pilots are going to do. Combine that with good piloting skills, and getting a high kill count shouldn't need any more explanation.
    The other part is supid fangirleese for "bishounen". That's Japanese for "pretty boy".

13. nectarsis

no arguement...there is always debate about the whole newtype thing....espically since Seed/Destiny, and their Seed effect

14. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

NNEEEEEERRRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!!

*cough*

Now excuze me while I read about one of my favoriate space heros now...

15. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    It's good that you guys are starting a newtype debate in a thread titled "I am such a geek".

Norris Packard was just a shit-hot pilot. Like Chuck Yeager but without the living past the end of the war.

16. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I never watched Seed much. Too much talking, less fighting. It got boring real quick.

Why, what is the situation in Seed with "newtypes"?

Hahaha! Good one!

17. nectarsis

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Packard wasn't any type of 'New type' or super-human or whatever, he was just damn good at what he could do. And with a customized Gouf it made him even more dangerous.

Also <3 08th MS Team. Gouf Custom and the Ez-8 are two of my favorite gundam bots.

As for the headband thing, just think of it this way. How many people here bought and wear the Optimus Prime Voice Changer? Seriously, as toy collectors, we are by default geeks. Why half ass it?

19. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So...just pretty boy, or cute-pretty boy?

Thats messed up right there. Fangirleese FTL.

20. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I think there were about three different things. First, Coordinators filled the social role of Newtypes as a more "advanced" but ultimately dead-end version of regular humans. Coords were genetically engineered to process information faster and have quicker reflexes.

Second, SEED mode kind of duplicated the combat effects of Newtypeism without the more new-agey stuff. Mostly it happened to Coordinators, but once to a regular human. Essentially it is a metaphor for becoming a full-of-win balls-to-the-wall asskicker for a short time.

Third, the eldest descendants of Al Da Fllaga seemed to be able to sense eachother's presence mentally, and eventually communicate through a sort of telepathy, very much in the old Newtype fashion. There's even a Newtype Flash when it happens. Also, it may confer a degree of heightened spatial awareness, as all of the Fllaga kids at some point pilot vehicles with remote units, similar to bits or funnels.