I am such a geek for this movie!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Oct 16, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

First off, I'm a 26 year old almost college graduate with a hot wife and lovely 2 year old daughter. I'm usually a quiet guy and try to stay away from trends or get excited about dvd's or 'geekdom'.. I walked into fye today with my decepticon jacket on and the biggest geekiest grin on my face to buy the dvd. As my daughter and I had lunch in the food court she wanted to look at the dvd case and I made sure she put the case down on the plastic bag from fye so she wouldnt scratch the tin case on the table. Ive been watching the movie with her with the biggest cheesiest smile on my face, laughing at every funny line...

This transformer thing is great :) 

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Same thing happened with me!...

Only I'm 9 years younger...

And instead of a TF jacket, I just had on a T-shirt...

And instead of FYE, it was Zellers...

And instead of a daughter I have a cat the size of a table...

But yeah, Transformers kickass no matter what Gen/Series/Movie/Show.

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm 19 and in college. Today I went down with my Barricade track jacket on and bought the Wal-Mart edition, as well as a Robot Replica Jazz. I've got the box on display on my desk in my dorm with my MISB Leader Prime, Movie Score CD, RR Jazz, G1 Deco Jazz, Movie poster, and WSTF Thundercracker w/custom G1 box; soon I'll have Robot Replica Prime and Barricade here as well as a Transformers movie calendar. My roommate got the 2-disk special edition DVD, and we watched Transformers stuff all afternoon. And I've listened to the score every day since I got it. THAT is what being a TF geek is all about. :cool: 

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I walked into Best Buy with a Quiksilver shirt on, and bought Metallic Ratchet. I wish I woulda geeked out like I did for Halo, when I worse my Spartan shirt and Energy Sword Necklace. :lol 

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Lol, I geeked out for Halo 3 too. 2 t-shirts, 2 posters, replica battle rifle, H3 limited edition 360, Halo miniatures to put on my desk. That phase didn't last very long, Transformers soon took over again. (Though Halo 3 is still awesome)

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was wearing a megatron shirt, but it was random. I just only own Tf and Star Wars shirts because I am a loser :cry  I have some Roxy shirts too. But still mostly Star Wars and TFs.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I'm 19, not in college yet (by my own choice of course ;)  ) and I went into blockbuster wearing my gray T-shirt with Grimlock in beast mode and he has the words "Me Grimlock Kick Butt" next to him. I also wore and Optimus Prime Head pin that I got from Hot Topic.

Pretty funny, the only Transformer non-toy stuff I have is G1 :lol 

(I've been meaning to get some of the movie t-shirts).

Anyway my sister and I are lovin' the movie just as much as we did in theaters, it's such an amazing movie!

8. GoblinWhirlwind

GoblinWhirlwind The Killer Joke

I completely agree, the movie is amazing. I was never a fan until this past summer, the movie drew just about everyone I know into fandom. I've been a hardcore Star Wars fan since I was about 11, but now Transformers threatens to take its place...I never thought I'd say that, but there it is :D 

And onesock, awesome Mythbusters sig

9. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

I didn't get the movie yet but I will soon.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I left work 3 hours early and went in my uniform.

11. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I stood out in front of Best Buy with about a dozen other people waiting for them to open the doors, and within 5 minutes of opening more than 30 people had come in and gotten their TF dvd and hit the road. so cool. I was just sitting in my car looking at the lithograph and watching people go in and reappear moments later with dvd and metallic toys!

12. SnipeShade

SnipeShade Active Member

hahah! I'm 19 and went in with my Barricade jacket. I was there 20 minutes before the store opened! (Target) and I was even MISSING my class! Cuz there was no way I was going to class without the DVD in my hands, or wait till after class and find out that they're sold out.

13. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We both took the day off to get the exclusives. I wore an Autobot cap and my Hot Topic Minibot Hoodie. :D  My BFFSOGF wore her Botcon Hoodie. BTW, I'm 51.

14. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

I'm a total geek for the movie too. RIGHT AFTER WORK at 7am I waited outside of Wal-Mart to get their copy. Then went home and showered and I picked up my Target copy wearing my 'Con shirt with this sh*t-eating grin on my face. 8)

I was a hardcore Wild ARMs fan for years, but this is taking it's place. They recently came out with a new game for that series but my extra spending cash has gone right to this fandom. u-u

By the way, I'll be 24 on the 29th.

Oh my god. WIN. Ahahaha :D  proof I can still be a geek when I'm older then my dad.

15. fbc

fbc Member

Me too!

16. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm Backscatter's S.O. and I am 56. I'll say you are never, never too old for tying in to your passion. Life is short, celebrate your "geek"!

17. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    BFFSOGF? (Best Friend Forever Significant Other Girl Friend)? That's great if I have it right. :) 
    I live with my girlfriend (we've been together 7 yrs) and I often call her my "partner." That sometimes gets me asked if I'm in a homosexual relationship, but it seems more accurate than "girlfriend." (Disclaimer: homosexual relationships are fine by me.)

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Very correct and I'm happy for you and your girlfriend. :wink: 

19. hotrod93

hotrod93 Member

I'm only 14 I've been a TF fan sence the first time I saw the 86 movie. Now I'm a bigger fan than ever. I got the 2-disk SE and I can't stop watching it.

20. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I didn't dress up for the occassion, because my TF shirts were in the dirty laundry. :p 

I didn't miss my morning college classes (because my education is more important to me).

Nope, didn't stand out in front of a store waiting for it to open because I know someone who works at Wal-Mart, and she told me they had just received over 1,000 copies of the movie. I knew it wouldn't sell out.

I instead got up an hour early for school. Shit, showered, and shaved. Ate my breakfast, then packed up my backpack for the day, and then drove to Wal-Mart. Walked to where they had the Transformers display setup, checked it out. Walked back to electronics, picked up my collector's edition along with the Wal-Mart edition, paid for them, and left for school.

Wasn't late for class, didn't interupt my school schedule, and got to enjoy the movie with my family later in the afternoon. :D