I am so pissed off (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Noisemaze2006, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Jazz was the biggest wasted opportunity I've ever seen. I'm in total shock over it. With all the comedy in the movie it felt like I was watching a version of the film with all of Jazz's scenes edited out. He had like 2 friggin lines then got killed. He can't even come back in the second film for more screen time & development. I'm so pissed off over this it's not funny! He was nothing more than background scenery. How could they do that to poor Jazz? He got no ****ing respect whatsoever. I was waiting & waiting for some cool scenes with Jazz but they never came. The credits rolled & I was like "WTF??? You mean that's it???"

The movie kicked ass & all that jazz :) cry ) but I'm having a huge problem getting past this. I was never much of a Jazz fan but what they did to him was just horrible.

2. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

They killed the blackdude off first again....

How dare they lol

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

If they are going to bring back Megatron after being blown and melted into bits then dumped into the drink.
    It will be no problem to put Jazz back together.

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

His death didn't really bother me considering he didn't get that much screentime.

There was no buildup to the tension. Just some words of heroic nonsense.

6. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Well-Known Member

It has been so long since I heard me some Eddie Winslow, I got mistyeyed. Except I think he was a detective in 15 Minutes.

Either way, it really bothered me that like, his legs were all dangly and moving when he was held aloft after being split in two. Like, it was odd and disturbing, but not in a "Oh noes, he died" kind of way, but rather, that was the most organic the robots seemed all movie? Maybe I have just gone crazy with the dementia.

7. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I think that unless you planned on having sex with him, just let it go. Its only a freaking movie.

8. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

ololololololol!

9. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

That's the problem, no screen time. They should have took him out completely & gave him a decent part in the second movie. I was really looking forward to his scenes but I was looking forward to nothing. I'm totally disappointed over it. I was expecting to leave the theater totally blown away but I was more irritated than anything.

10. Lord Bacon

Lord Bacon BACON DUKE

if they took him out, that would be one less toy to sell!

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

They took Arcee out & her toy will be in stores in a week or two.

12. Seabringer

Seabringer D34dp00l's H34dm4st3r

Heh, at least Jazz got more lines than Starscream and the rest of the decepticons...

13. optirodi

optirodi New Member

He never even got a closeup!

14. optirodi

optirodi New Member

edit

15. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Diddums. Suck it up. Jazz died, and we got to see Megatron be rutheless, and pure evil. I'd much rather have had Jazz die than have just another Megatron whose apparently far stronger than any Autobot but yet can't take one down. This Megatron MEANS business. And for that i'm glad Jazz died, he was a shitty character in the movie anyway.

16. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Yeah, that's my problem! I'm not complaining because he died, I knew he was gonna die before I saw it. I'm complaining because all he did was die. All the cool scenes they could have given to Jazz went to the damn humans. And Bonecrusher was even worse! We saw all of Bonecrushers screen time in the clips & trailers. What the **** is that about?

We know the personalities of Sam's parents, the Sector 7 guy, Jon Voight's character & the hackers. But do we know the personality of Jazz ,Bonecrusher,Starscream & Brawl? Hell no! I personally don't care about Sam's parents, the hacker chick or Jon Voight. They should have been the background characters instead of the robots. The name of the movie is "TRANSFORMERS" not "BORING ASS HUMANS THAT TALK TOO DAMN MUCH"

17. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And don't forget the movies tagline: Their War, Our World.

Because this is happening here on earth, the average movie goer WANTS to see things that involve us defending ourselves.

I agree that i'd have liked to have seen more screentime for ALL the Transformers, but I went in there expecting not a whole lot, but characters like Bonecrusher and Brawl were just generic decepticons really, cannon fodder so we could cheer Prime on, and realise that we weren't totally powerless against Brawl.

And, for the most part I found the 'boring ass humans' appealing. Only one I didn't really like, and could've been written out was the black-hacker guy. We got the same humour from Bobby Bolivia, and it was done better then. I really enjoyed Jon Voight's work on this, was great.

18. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

And in the cartoon, the likes of SKYWARP, THUNDERCRACKER, REFLECTOR were just 'generic Decepticons' too, with little development beyond "evil".
    Of course we knew they had character, but what there was we got that from the tech-specs and comics, not the cartoon.
    Even when we did ge a little character onscreen, it was because the show was a long term investment and they could afford to dedicate some episodes to specific characters (remember the stories were most of the cast just disappeared and we only had a few robots on screen for no reason), well a two hour film can't do that unfortunately.

19. Devil-Gigatron

Devil-Gigatron Destronger Dark Emperor

Jazz is died, get over it... I was in shock that they destroyed Megatron so quickly... and what the hell is up with Optimus calling Megatron, Brother!

personally, I could have done without the cheesy stupid old cartoon lines in the movie, despite the one Megatron changed!

Was it just me, or did Ratchet act more like Rhinox in this movie that he did Ratchet? that and luved the Rhinox style weapon that Ratchet had!

20. AutobotJazz

AutobotJazz Hey, lets get Down!

and how do you think i feel?