I am so loving Cyberverse.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mospeada, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I really hope that after DotM, we get more classic/Universe characters in this line. They take up much less shelf space, and 4.99 Legions and 7.99 Commanders is a much easier hit on the wallet. I can only imagine a shelf full of G1 or dare I say it Beast Wars/RiD characters in this scale. Hopefully the Prime toys will take advantage of this, too.

2. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

So far, I really like the Commanders that I've purchased. I'm hoping that we get a Starscream Commander as his Legions/Legends mold has never been very good, IMO.

3. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    A thousand times yes! Any G1 Seekers in Commander scale would make me a happy fan.

4. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    It's wierd that I have no interest in DOTM toys, but I like the Cyberverse ones, and already have 4...

5. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Same here. I haven't gotten any DotM deluxe. Only Voyager that I got was Megatron. The rest have all been Cyberverse.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

It's interesting how Cyberverse has really struck a chord with some people. There have been a few "Cyberverse is great" threads lately. I admit I'm not 100% on the bandwagon; while it is growing on me considerably, Cyberverse has still been a mixed bag in my opinion.

I assume it is the Commander class and/or the playsets that people are gaga over, since the Legions are just the same old Legends-type figures we've had for years. In terms of the Commanders, I'd say there are a couple fantastic ones (Megatron and Powerglide), but the rest (Optimus, Sentinel, Blackout, Ironhide) are just sorta so-so.

If I only had Hasbrotoyshop prices by which to judge, I'd also say they are overpriced: a Commander costs the same ($7.99 in the US) as a Scout-sized figure, but you get a much more solid, complex figure out of a Scout. However, going by Target prices, where Scouts run $9.99, $7.99 feels about right for a Commander. They feel like the mid-point between a Scout and a Legend. If anything, their price just shows how toys as a whole have gotten more expensive, since you used to be able to snag a much beefier Scout for $6.99.

The playset aspect of them is kinda fun, though I don't actually yet own any of the playsets myself. It seems like a callback to Micromaster bases and transports, which is always a good thing in my mind.

Anyhow, I'm being long-winded, but I guess I'd say I'm somewhere in the middle on my opinions about Cyberverse. I'm enjoying them, and I can certainly understand the appeal, but I haven't fallen head-over-heels for them yet. I do hope the line continues, though, and gives us a lot more characters. It's certainly more appealing than Powercore Combiners ever were.

7. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I always liked Legends class, but the addition of the Commanders has made the whole wave that much more collectible. If the Deluxe and smaller characters come out in Legions class, and the Voyager/Leader figures come out in Commander class, the whole scale pretty much works for shelf displays. It's like Joe-sized TF's, but in a line that's infinitely more collectible than Legends was because of the Commanders in the mix.

Plus, Commander characters like Powerglide look great alongside Deluxe and larger figures on my old shelf display of Universe/Classics.

8. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    After it was confirmed at Botcon that there are Prime Cyberverse toys in the works, I wouldn't doubt they'd start making some RiD and Beast Wars figs eventually.

9. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    This makes my day! I didn't know Prime Cyberverses were confirmed. SWEET.

10. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Commander Prime and Sentinel aren't really doing it for me. Megs and and Ironhide however are pretty decent. The Legion class figures seem like a waste for the most part. It sucks knowing that, not too long ago, a Deluxe figure could be had for only $10... $2 more than a Commander.

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    The Motormaster Megatron at Target is quite awesome! But yeah, the fact that Deluxes were 10 bucks a few years ago only makes me want to buy Commanders all the more, because Deluxes are way overpriced now.