I am so annoyed with street dates

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus Sledge, May 20, 2009.

1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

As we should all know by now, the ROTF toyline isn't due to go on sale until May 30th (with the exception of Soundwave and Bumblebee, the so-called preview wave). In the last couple of days, news of the price and store codes Argos will be using for this toyline in the UK leaked out. As I would be near an Argos today, I decided to take some of these numbers with me.

The instore checker showed they actually had what I was interested in (Deluxes and Scouts). The woman at the cash desk happily put the numbers through on a customer view. The people behind the merchandise counter cheerfully brought out a selection of what they had. But my blood boiled, BOILED, after I decided what I wanted (Sideswipe, Knock Out and Dirt Boss). Do you know what they did? This bastard store and it's retard employees had the nerve, the gall to say...

... to say...

... sorry, I'm still so angry about this...

... they said...

"Certainly, sir. That'll be £28.97. Do you need a bag?"
    [​IMG]
    THEY BROKE THE STREET DATE!!! HOW DARE THEY!!! I am so angry about this! I didn't have to argue with anyone, I didn't get to hold my breath until my face turned red, or poo my pants so they'd sell me the toys just to get me out of the store. :mad 

I hope no one else will have such a harrowing experience buying these toys. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some plastic crack to open.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    You should have given them back and said you were going to call Hasbro & complain, followed by wagging your finger and shaking your head in disgust....

Nice haul dude :) 

3. on_a_warpath

on_a_warpath OAW 2010

Someone should be fired this atrocity. How dare they break the sacred street date?!
    J/K.
    Congratulations on getting some new plastic crack.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    LMAO!

After all the stuff that went on in the other 2 street date threads.

Worked out in the end after all, eh, Sledge?

5. Optimus Sledge

I like to think that it's karma. By not getting worked up about street dates, the gods of commerce have smiled on me.

6. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering why you were making a topic about street dates... Well done on grabbing some figures early. And dignity intact too!

7. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

do they have superion in stock? i went to 2 debenhams over the weekend but couldn't find any.

8. Optimus Sledge

Strangely, Superion came up as "not available yet." Go figure.

9. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    You could have pooed in your pants in excitement instead.

Opportunity doesn't knock at the back door more than once...

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    x2 i seen your name as op, confused me, gave me a nice laugh you did optimus sledge

11. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was the best thread starter ever.

Awesome haul man! Very envious over here!

12. Optimus Sledge

Y'know, I think this thread is a bit of a bait and switch. Do you think someone's going to sue me over it? :wink: 

13. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

that blitzwing guy will find some reason as to how you took advantage of them and you sir are morally corrupt...

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    ... how can you live with yourself after such a dirty trick? You took advantage of those people you filthy scum! How many must suffer so you can have your precious toys? :scalper 

Incidentally when the Argos number for Universe deluxes leaked before the catalogue was out, I tried it and here's what happened. It came up that there were several in stock, but the listed price was something like €999.99. In that particular case, I chose to wait. Argos are funny like that. When Alternator Wheeljack was no longer listed in the catalogue, the number still worked for a few months after. Not only that but the price had mysteriously dropped to €8.99(!).

15. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

hark a troll drawths near

seriously go fuck yourself.

16. Optimus Sledge

Steady on, chaps! This is just a little light-hearted humour, let's not have cross words over it.

17. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    congrats, i got turned down at walmart for leader megs..it was ok, b/c i told myself i wasnt going to purchase him but when i saw him, impulses took over....luckily the old guy cashier was really nice so i didnt lose it and kill anyone...lol

18. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Still ten more days for me...but it has me thinking. I remember when i was a kid and i would get a chocolate countdown calander for Christmas. You know that thing where you open the cardboard flap everyday to get a peice of chocolate. We need something like that for the countdown to ROTF toys. Just sayin' is all.

Sledge...congrats on the pickup, and congrats on keeping your composure in such a trying situation. You passed the test.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh the street date has been the best thing ever. I've had more laughs over the street date than just about any other topic. You'd think people would be happy they have a date they can circle on their calendar to look forward. If the movie toys are your thing it's like Hasbro set a date for Christmas in the summer time for the movie fans but instead of just being excited that the day draws closer and closer some people went insane instead.

Congrats on your early find, I'm sure it's driving someone crazy and that makes it even more fun.

20. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    :trolls: 
    ------
    Great bait and switch thread. Sounds like what target in the U.S.A. would does if product gets stocked early. Their computers simply don't stop it.

Its up to management responsibility for stockers at target. Many stores pulled back the robot heroes earlier in the month. apparently they noticed the orange sticker by then.

10 days left until I get mine. But at least we get to see a lovely new mod completed for the transformers toy aisle before then.