I am sick of people bashing anything and everything except G1!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by lieutenantjazz, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :trolls: 

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    May I kindly ask what you were hoping to get out of this thread?

3. lieutenantjazz

lieutenantjazz Well-Known Member

Re-posted.

Ok, I know everyone is getting pissed off and asking themselves, why the h*** would this guy put this kind of thread up. Well it is very simple, If everyone would read the initial POST, a lot of your ?'s would be answered. I never said I hated G1, or that I hate or even dislike G1 fans! (because I am one as well). All my point was, is to say to the G1 fans saying there can't be any other kind of series besides G1 or it is crap; I think (and I do know that everyone has an opinion) that every series, if it is Transformers, He-man, G.I.JOE, or frickin SpongeBob, every series needs to break off from the old and in with the new, bottom line. G1 was and is still AWESOME, it started it all, so yes I have very much respect for G1.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Personally, I was hoping to get a hand job or a cheese sandwich out of this thread. But then, I hope for either of those from just about anything.

5. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Fixed again.

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I don't get why people can say the word piss but not the word hell?

Hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell, hell. Am I on fire yet?

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    So in a nutshell you don't want people to voice they're opinions.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe it's an observation of religion thing. If it was me I'd use an actual pronounceable word like heck rather than h***.

Also, I'd work in a couple of Flandersisms. Doodely.

9. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Ancient and knackered

Remember, kids, it's threads like these that make people do drugs.

Hm. Or is it:

Threads like these are started by people on drugs.

Or maybe:

People will need drugs to make sense of threads like these.

Oh, and are we allowed to use the term 'wangflange'? :D 

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really don't see a lot of people who are G1 fans that hate everything else around here. I love G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Animated and the live action films, but I am not a fan of RID or the AEC trilogy.

The only crazy G1 fanboy I can think of is that cumonass guy on youtube, but that dude hates everything and I wonder if he even watched G1 at all or read the comics.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Odd, I didn't read that at all.
    I read it as the OP trying to point out that G1 is not without its flaws, just like every other series. And yet it seems that while some people consider it fine to bash any series EXCEPT G1, as soon as someone DOES bash G1 they get up in arms about it.
    Which is true. I remember one thread a while ago in which I made the mistake of stating that as much as I absolutely love the toys, I really don't like the cartoon. I got flamed a lot for it by people who were simultaneously bashing the hell out of Animated.

G1 IS as valid a target as any other TF series; moreso in some ways because of the colossal amount of errors the cartoon contained. And yet when that is pointed out to them they defend it by falling back on the argument that "G1's over 20 years old, it's unfair to compare it to a newer series".

12. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

This. None should bash one's favorites, in order to keep discussions civil.

13. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I'd say all of the above. And after reading all 12 pages of this thread, I need to make a phone call.....lol

14. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I'm one of those people who can be a fan of something, and on the flipside bash certain aspects of it.

For example, I love Beast Wars. I fee that it's one of the best TFs series to date. but there were some fucked up things about the show such as not enough characterization, and the third season being rushed..

Let's be honest here, the 80's had a lot of series that had crappy animation, idiotic plots, and a host of other things. If somebody does not like it, they can say that they don't like it..

15. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm suprised this thread lasted so long.

Just remember that everyone has an opinion and it will almost never be the same as yours.
    You will find people who think anything after G1 is trash, and you're not going to convince them otherwise. Let people think what they want. Defend your position and opinion, but don't expect anyone to say; "Oh man you being sick of me thinking this has changed me, thank you. I now love every series!"
    And fosterlager tossing in a flanderism made me laugh....Doodley...:D 

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Damn, that sand gets everywhere, doesn't it?

Isn't G1 usually the go-to era of Transformers to slag off when anything new comes out? I know that pretty much anything BayFormers has people dumping on G1 to make out it's better.

G1 gets just as much stick as the other eras of TF, moreso really.

And people are free to praise or bash anything they like as long as they stay within the rules and (preferably) within some kind of sensible way of expressing it. Can't say I see much point to this thread being made, except to stir the hornets nest, but then this kind of thread never really has a worthwhile point beyond just that.

Personally I enjoy bashing stuff now and again. I'm never fully happy with anything and I'm going to post those thoughts.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Silly question but isn't every series just pretty much some sort of rehash of G1. You have the heroic Prime type character facing off against the evil Megatron type character with each side having your standard cartoon character types on the good and evil sides. Bad robots want to take over and rule while the good robots try to stop them.

Doesn't seem like we've ever really had a series that has taken a drastically different approach compared to G1 so perhaps that is why so many series get compared to G1.

18. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish oh so very much that they would make a series out of shattered glass.

My TV would implode under the pressure of so much awesome...but I would consider it a worthy sacrifice and go get another.

19. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    The Original Post...

The way I take his post is that he has a problem with people disliking other series'. He is saying "...quit bashing everyone else's favorite series". If people have an opinion that they don't like a series, don't they have a right to voice that they don't like it and state why? If a PURE G1 fan dislikes something, he/she has the right to not like a series and state why.

20. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somewhat off-topic, but after having been a part of the online fandom since the early '90's, there have been two notable times where fans have been the most rude, unpleasant, disrespectful, and generally unreasonable to accepting one another's perspectives. The first was 1995-1996... the second was 2007-now.

Definitely a low point in fan relations... I don't get it, but I hope this one passes soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.