I Am Number Four

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by SilverOptimus, Sep 29, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I Am Number Four is an upcoming 2011 American teen science fiction film, directed by D. J. Caruso, and starring Alex Pettyfer, Timothy Olyphant, Teresa Palmer, Dianna Agron, Kevin Durand and Callan McAuliffe. The film is based on The New York Times bestselling novel I Am Number Four, the first book in a planned six-book series published by HarperCollins and written by Pittacus Lore, the nom de plume of authors Jobie Hughes and James Frey. The screenplay was adapted by Al Gough and Miles Millar, and Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg are producing the film through DreamWorks Studios. The Hollywood Reporter projected the budget to be between $50 and $60 million for the film; a February 18, 2011 release date is scheduled.

Teaser Trailer:

YouTube - I Am Number Four - Official Teaser Trailer

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched this last night. It was ok. Felt like it might have worked better as a TV series. It had that vibe.

Best as I can describe it is "Twilight with Aliens". But seeing as how Smallville and that other old CW Aliens in Highschool show have that covered, it's nothing we haven't seen before, except for the action sequences being pretty awesome.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    This has been scaring me of late. Some of the movies that have been coming out have very "Twilight" vibes about them. I was getting that vibe right away when I saw the trailer. I think I may pass on it...

Should they have named it "I am Number Two"? :lol 

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only thing I can say is that this main character is not a wussy vampire that looks like he needs to shit all the time, and the fighting towards the end is cool shit.

Otherwise, it could have been on the CW and made a lot of girls happy.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Well forget it then.
    If it doesn't have constipated vampires as the lead then I've lost all interest.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has April O'niel from the original Ninja Turtle movie.

7. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    And so does the Game Plan with the Rock!

8. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

I'm reading the book now, and so far its really good. And the fact that glee's diana agron (quinn, for the gleeks on here) is in it is so promising. Seeing it opening night.

9. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Saw this last night. Went in expecting it to be mediocre, walked out blown away ... I really enjoyed it.

Don't even compare it to Twilight - anything "teen" related automatically gets coupled in with "Twilight" comparisons. While it's hard to swallow the story (you're given a backstory of aliens and different worlds via voiceover), the story that happens is pretty sweet. And it's a bit of a "make you jump out of your seat" type of situation, where shit just happens out of nowhere that you're not expecting.

Basic story:

- There are 9 survivors from an alient planet that were sent to Earth to avoid being killed by some alien badasses
    - Aliens have arrived on Earth and are killing each of the 9 kids in order ... the first three have died, and "John Smith" is next
    - All of these survivors have a guardian, a warrior from their planet, protecting them, as well as a shape-shifting pet that they apparently have no idea about
    - Our hero, John Smith, has to continually leave his life everytime he has an alien-freakout to avoid the bad aliens, so his life is always starting over
    - He moves to a new town and meets a girl that he falls for (the girl from Glee)
    - His powers start to emerge and its getting harder to hide his identity
    - The aliens find him and kill his guardian, the whole town thinks he's a terrorist, the aliens arrive and all hell breaks loose
    - Number 6 shows up (they are connected by two pieces of the same stone) and kicks some serious ass
    - Movie sets up for possible sequels

Best scene?

They're fighting some of the aliens (Number 4 and Number 6) and she asks him to use his illumination abilities to charge her powers. He does, and she gets all energetic, looks at him with her sexy accent and goes, "Redbull is for pussies", and goes and kicks ass.

Don't write this movie off as a Twilight film, or as a Michael Bay film. It really surprised me and I think a lot of you would enjoy it. Great acting, a good story, and characters you really feel for.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :jawdropper: 
    It was actually good.

Something good with Micheal Bay attached to it......