I am FED. UP.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    With DYING. CONSTANTLY. In WFC.
    Inspired by Spekkio's "WFC Multiplayer: What am I doing wrong?!"

Scenario 1: Leader class, Frag Launcher, Fusion cannon is me. Attacking another Leader. I have the upper hand, and get ambushed from behind.
    Scenario 2: Scout. Null Ray. Sniping. -ambushed from behind-
    Scenario 3: Soldier. Upper hand. *sniped*
    Scenario 4: Scientist. Photon Burst Rifle. Sniping. Does not get kills. Bored. Hunts for someone to kill. Gets killed.
    Rare Scenario: Orbital Debris. Scientist. Match begins. Goes straight for the Overshield. Tons of enemy Scientists already there. Killed.

I am SICK of it. There are no words to describe how fed up I am with this constant death streak.

>>>>>>.......<<<<<<

2. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Why do you keep saying you have the upper hand? Just because you are a Soldier or Leader class? You are getting killed from behind because you are not aware of your surroundings...play with your back to a wall or snipe from a tunnel or covered location, do not look through your scope the whole time, look..then look left and right to see if anyone is coming, then look again..constantly move or be looking around. And your aim needs improvement if you are not getting kills with the burst rifle...also, get closer, dont expect to get sniping kills with that gun, it is not strong enough for that...you need to be at medium range at least, and hit them with the majority of your bullets.

3. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

I don't play WFC any more on MP but the same goes for any shooter ( I play a lot of Halo) keep moving it makes you harder to hit, and look around the area you are in on a map, keep your back to a wall helps as well,

4. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Have you not considered that you probably won't kill an enemy if you're looking behind you instead of shooting them?

And yeah, I figured that about the Burst Rifle. Oh, and Soldier is the "Run in and demolish them" type, not "go jump on a ledge against a wall and snipe" type.

5. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Those are terrible assumptions, sir...For EVERY type, you need to cover your back..and you dont want to run in and demolish them, as there are easy counter measures for other classes to avoid that type of gameplay....if you do not want to die a bunch, you need to do less rushing in, and more tactical gameplay...And i thought you were pissed because you keep getting killed, not because you only get a few kills and want a ton?

6. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

wait... havent I seen this same post like 5 times already, i guess people just dont play first/third person shooters on this site

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    No matter what class you are, you will never have the "upper hand". Never. You have to have strategy, and you have to be just as defensive as you are offensive. Don't turn down the advice you're getting on account of your pre-conceptions.

8. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

It's all about strategy, if you rush an overshield and everyone is there, don't rush it. Let them battle and pick off the weak stragglers. You seem to get "ambushed from behind" a lot, I know it'll sound stupid but watch what's going on around you. If someone attacks you from behind, turn and attack them, or run away.

I can't tell you how many times I'll turn tail and run, then come back and finish off the victor of a struggle. It's hard to give suggestions to play this game, it just came incredibly natural to me.

Any hints I can give would be the same for any shooter really.

9. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    My point is, no matter how tactical I am, no matter what I try, no matter how I play, no matter what the strategy, I have the lower side of the odds.
    I am always looking around me. If I try to get away, I still get sniped, chased relentlessly, or I just run into a different enemy. Every strategy I try ends up with me dying most of the time.
    The best I've ever done was a 13 kill streak where I never died through the whole match as a Leader with Fusion Cannon and Ion Blaster.

I posted this while I was still pissed that I had a death streak... over and over and over.

10. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    I can only really give you advice on the scientist since I quickscope with scout and its hard for some people to pick that up, and the other classes I charge right in.

So with the scientist get you EMP shotgun and fly around the map, if you see a guy on his own fly down quickly and shoot him strait in the back with it. If you see a leader, then leave him, also if there in any kind of group leave them. The tactics to get a big killstreak with the scientist is to pick off the stranglers.

You need disguise and the ability where you get extra damage when you lose it for the EMP shotgun to deal BIG damage. The second ability doesn't really matter but the sentry with sentry power core packs a punch. If its an objective game like power struggle place the turret in the air just out side and stand back and let that do the work, & maybe help from afar with your neutron assault rifle.

25 Kills 0 Deaths, is my best score in the game, which was with a scientist in a TDM. :) 

11. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    (not trying to sound sarcastic) i've never actually heard of someone who has trouble with the frag launcher. i mean i find the gun a bit pathetic because it's a one shot one kill type of gun that shows a lack of skill IMO. that's why i never use it. what's your general strategy for online?

i would also advise using the shotgun for soldier and scientist and maybe the disguise ability. i was playing as megatron in conquest i believe, shot at an enemy twice with the shotgun and quickly transformed, fired, and got the kill in like two seconds. (just thought that was cool)

12. Garet Jax

Garet Jax Well-Known Member

Considering I've fought people using the frag launcher who couldn't hit the broadside of barn and then compared to people who get headshots with it, it must take some skill to use. It's easy to say a gun takes no skill even when it's not true.

13. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    My basic strategy is to use strategy in any way to survive and kill.
    For Scout I usually sneak around and try to ambush people with a few quick Scatter Blasts and a melee, usually PWNS.
    For Scientist I usually instantly activate Disguise, and prepare to land, a few shots of Burst Rifle, then EMP Shotgun, Melee if I have to, and I use Shockwave whenever I need to. Usually I actually just run into the fray and shockwave...
    For Leader I usually go around with two Thermo Mines, Ion Blaster and Fusion Cannon, and just try to take down anyone I run into. I use Thermo Mines to help me battle people, Warcry for the same, Moleculon Bomb for groups of enemies, with which I use the splash damage of the Fusion Cannon and blast around randomly, and Ion Blaster is usually just used to quickly maul a lone enemy, I only use Fusion Cannon for those who are jumping around like crazy idiots.
    Soldiers, I usually just hunt around for enemies to take out with Scrapmaker and Rockets, sometimes in Conquest I use Path Blaster to spawn my own Ion Displacer (Or give it to a scout) but I usually just end up dying and giving it to the enemy...

So what should I change?

Oh, and when I'm thinking straight I always run away when my health gets low...

14. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Thanks.
    Usually I use this Scientist:
    Disguise, Shockwave.
    Photon Burst Rifle, EMP Shotgun.
    Repulsion Amplifier, Friendly Fire, Explosive Capacitor.
    I also have another commonly used Scientist; do you think it's good for Conquest/Power Struggle?
    Spawn Sentry, Shockwave.
    Photon Burst Rifle, Energon Repair Ray.
    Forgot, Sentry Power Core, Explosive Capacitor.

By the way... I maxed Scientist. :p 

Oh, and I read the quoted reply after posting my above post, so sorry for not using Multiquote.

15. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could always stick to escalation like me. I find it to be a lot more fun than multiplayer. The combined efforts of hackers and scrubs that have infested it since release makes it pretty unenjoyable for me. Hopefully FOC will have a more balanced system and a map so you don't always get surprised from behind like you pointed out.

16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I don't usually say this but seriously dude, you just need to get better.

17. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    lol hackers would imply that the people cheating would of gained there extra power through modifying the game to there advantage.

I'm afraid its actually a simple fault in the game requiring no more than a bit of lag. Which some people like to take advantage of...

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    my strategy is to just run in and kill everyone on the other team without thinking about the consequences. usually it works. in fact i always come out either on top or with one or two kills then die. i'm not good at giving strategies. but if you're playing as a leader that has the last chance ability or whatever it is, and there are guys standing around shooting you just shoot right in front of your guy and try to kill yourself so they don't get the kill but merely the assisted suicide.

on the bright side, there's not a lot of small places to camp like in COD or any other big name games

19. se-gul

se-gul Well-Known Member

HIf your down we can do some private matches and we can bounce tactics off each other I have no problem showing you how I fight in WFC. The more effective fighters there are the more fun the competition gets :) 

My psn name is se-gul, if your down holla-at-ur boy... Just let me know who your are and whats good

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think the worst thing you can do is forget about health pick ups, ammo, overshields, etc. and also forgetting the fact you have an alt-mode. The Scouts alt-mode machine guns rip through enemies like they are wet paper. Probably the best weapon they have. Also, on any class, always have a long range weapon equipped. Don't camp longer than necessary! Sniping may seem like a good idea, but since this game has no radar, you have no idea when some sneaky bastard will sneak up on you and kill you from behind with a mean melee and scatter blaster combo.

The best thing to do is always be as far from the enemy as possible. Get really good at long range tactics and distancing yourself because in any game with melee the melee generally kills very quickly.

Stick with your teammates as well. They are your best weapon. If they start charging into battle and getting slaughtered, however, it might be best to stick behind and lay down some cover fire. Also, always watch the names. If someone's name disappears, they have died. Best not to go in there and risk meeting the same fate.

There are so many tips and tricks that one can use, and it's all about finding what is best for you and your play style. You also can't play the same way as all classes, that is a mistake I have made.