I am done with Animated. Here's why...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Johnator, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

And popular and successful with the target audience?

There is a difference between saying "I don't like the direction they took, but I understand the reasons why" and "IT IS STOOOPID" Because it clearly isn't stupid, it is smart and a decision made by people much smarter than a lot of us on the Internet who don't know about market focus or the trends in successful animation production right now.

And saying the direction is stupid or the art is stupid is yet another backhanded insult inferring people who agree with the art or style are also stupid.

There is a difference between not liking it and "hatin'"

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I think it's hilarious that someone could start a "This is why I'm done with TF Animated" thread and NOT expect to get negative feedback for what was a completely self-indulgent and frankly irrelevant monologue. Writing a thread like this is pretty much like if you were to get up in the middle of a screening of the 2007 movie, clear your throat and begin addressing the theater crowd:

"Theatergoers, I've tried to wrap my head around this movie's design. And even my brother here next to me thinks it looks like crap! (Ten minute speech follows...) So, while I still love Transformers, I will be leaving this movie theater now! I hope you will all enjoy it! I surely won't! Because I'm LEAVING the theater now! Did you hear what I said back there in the back? I said I'm LEAVING THE THEATER now." (On and on until credits roll.)

No...you wouldn't do that. You'd simply pick up your popcorn box and silently slip out of the theater. And that, my friend, is what you should've done here.

Personally, I don't care for the animation style either, and likely as not I won't buy any of the toys. But I do enjoy watching the show and following the storyline. Still, with all my gripes, you won't hear me bellowing from the rooftops "I'M LEAVING, WILL ANYBODY MISS ME?"

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, MY OPINION is that it looks stupid. It's probably economically sound to use such simplistic animation... but I, ME, ENIGMA 2K2, STILL think it looks stupid.

Last I checked, opinions were allowed. That's the key word here, gentlemen... o... PIN... ion....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You must have been checking somewhere else then.:lol 

Didn't you know ANY opposing opinion is trolling and/or whining? (Or "whinging"):wink: 

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Opinions in the Internet? Are you nuts?

6. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

The thing is this, isn't a movie theater. This is a message board where people come and talk about the shows/movies/toys ect... What they liked, what they didn't like and so on.

7. Enigma2K2

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Apparently I am...

8. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    I thinks you is stoopid mayn! Im mad at you fo taking my place in the sand box, then you stole my slicky slide and pushed me off teh swing. I teh cryed and tole on you. (P.S. JUST A JOKE! Dont go anal on me its a JOKEY JOKE JOKEY JOKE JOKE and a somewhat use of satire) Can some one close this thread, I can tell where this is going. I dont think I helped.(ITS A GOD DAMN JOKE)

9. Enigma2K2

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GOD DAMMIT!!! I'M GONNA GO ANAL ON YOU!!!! BEND OVER!!!!

10. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    WHAT WHAT IN THE BUTT FOO!!!!!!! If you wana see a bad show glue your self to a chair and watch fosters home for imaginary friends. Or bad animation watch any dubbed anime.

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I think we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.