I am beginning to dislike Bot Shots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ratchets Hatch, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Sorry if this seems like a complaint thread, but I just have to express my opinion about this.

At every store I go to, at least half of the TF section is Bot Shots. HALF. It doesn't bother me that much, since I'm not actively hunting for anything that's on shelves right now, but it still bugs me.

Some of them are kinda neat, mostly because of character homages. But in some ways I feel like they aren't even proper transformers - that they're just the result of Hasbro taking cues from Bakugan and the other "flip out" battle toys that have been introduced in recent years. I see that half the TF section has been taken over by Bot Shots and I wonder "is this where things are headed?"

2. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I don't hate them, but I certainly do not hate them I think Hasbro is just trying to branch to all sort of different things to appeal to all kinds of ages at the moment. When I go out hunting to find a certain figure which is once a while, the shelves are decently divided equally between all TF-Products.

3. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I only dislike the fact that I can't find Wave 5 yet (I neeeeed to complete this line).

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    ive never liked them; too bakuganish for me

5. Avengers

Avengers Banned

The 90% small toys compared to the 10% bigger toys is the main reason the DOTM Line & Prime toy lines are selling so badly in stores.

6. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

They're chibi-ish goshapon-type Transformers toys that are neither imported, nor blind-packed.

Win all around.

All the hate seems to focus around the game, while all the people who love it seem to neglect the game entirely.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. Not Bot Shots specifically, but the TF line is headed towards a greater diversity of figures and concepts than the Scout/Deluxe/Voyager/Etc mainline set-up we've been used to for so long. Taking into account Cyberverse and Kre-O, at most stores I visit, it's lucky if even 25% of the TF shelf space is devoted to the traditional "mainline" stuff.

8. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find them pointless and never intend on buying one, therefore entirely ignore them.

9. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I've only bought the few specific characters I love just to have little chibi versions of them. I only have Skywarp, Thundercracker, Prowl and Barricade.

I would love a Sideswipe and Sunstreaker but aside from that I don't really care about the line. Like I said if it's a bot I really like I buy it for the cute factor since that is what we girls do lol.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

So you collect other toys, but it's just these specific ones that are "pointless."

LOL Okay.

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    HERETIC! Wear a Scarlet Bot Shot upon your breast for your sin!

Sorry. I have an addiction to Bot Shots and can quit whenever I want :D 

Wait, there's a GAME??? :D 

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They are cheap Transformers-themed toys designed to help take focus away from the increasing cost of actual TFs.

That said, I have as many of them now as I could ever possibly need. They are cute but quickly become repetitious since there is very little variety in design and sculpt and no variety in engineering. I doubt I'll ever buy more, no matter which characters they release.

13. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find them pointless. I is the operative word here buddy. Had I said "according the grand council these toys are pointless" you could LOL smugly all you like.

I don't like them, so I don't collect them, and therefore to me, they are pointless. It's an empirical opinion. Wrap your head about that ;) 

14. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I love the Bot Shots. They're so cute! But I don't buy all of them. I've only bought about 4 of them, while my bf bought me a few more. I don't intend to buy all of them and I certainly don't see the harm in them. :) 

15. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Thank you.Someone had to say it and that was you and your bravery.Those little pieces of ghetto crap just show how cheap Hasbro is getting.I bet TF4 toys are gonna be BOT SHOTS.:banghead: 

16. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    I don't have a problem with this.

17. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I love Botshots stuff but as it stands I've got no reason to get any more than the ones I've got. Barricade, and the trio of Seekers Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. I'll get Jetfire and Powerglide, but as it stands I just don't really have a reason to get anymore. I don't mind their existence at all, and in my city they seem to sell really well. Kids are just eating them up and I see stock rotating all the time.

18. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you lost me when you called 4 dollars worth of plastic and springs 'ghetto'

19. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no problem with Bot Shots, and have in fact collected most of them. And the stores around me don't have the problem of being the majority of the figures on the shelves as being described here, I remember seeing one store where the only Bot Shot they had was a single Optimus. Sure they're all basically the same thing, and the game they're based around doesn't interest me in the slightest, but I like them and will continue collecting new characters/repaints.

20. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I bought a few of the Botshots myself. At first i was doing it for the sheer novelty. Played with it at home and it caught my daughter's attention. Since then we usually have fun with the Botshot figures during our bonding time. And I plan to get a few more so she can have some variety, because she is hugging Ratchet all the time.