I am alive today because i didn't have Shockwave!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jorod74, Mar 14, 2011.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the KO G1 Shockwave and i have taken him out of the box a couple times.
    but i never once popped in a battery and tried out his electronics- till yesterday when a friend bugged me to no end to try it.

after pulling the trigger on him a few times, i can honestly say that because i never had him as a kid, i am still alive today.
    his ray gun sound effect is so damn loud and ANNOYING AS HELL.

i love the toy, but i can tell you, with the headaches my dad dealt back when i was a kid, that sound would have lasted about 20 seconds before dad would have broken him over my head.

...which makes me wonder how i managed to play with G1 Omega Supreme and live all those times. (his loud rattling noise gets rough after a short time, too.)

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I take it you never had a G1 Galvatron either? :D 

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I never had an official Shockwave either. Mine came from a retail chain that doesn't exist any more, and the gun mode trigger was a robot mode erection.

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I bought one a month ago and I didn't realize how loud it was. I'd heard soundbytes of it before, but to hear it in person can cause hearing loss.

On the plus side, I found out it can silence howling dogs.:ev: 

5. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

Yeah, when I tried out the one I bought a year ago, I nearly jumped out of my skin, it was so loud.

Which reminded me exactly why my mother would never replace the batteries in my Shackwave when I was a kid.