I am a Newbie Here and...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by skyline_g35, Aug 7, 2006.

1. skyline_g35

skyline_g35 Well-Known Member

I have a few questions. I have been a transformer fan my entire life, well, not my entire life, but since I was 6 yrs old. I promised myself that I would never stop liking these G1 toys, but when I turned 14-15 I somehow somewhere lost interest in them. I over the past 2 yrs have gotten back into them, with a vengence. I kept all or most of my originals, but unfortunately they have been played with.

One side note; I was at a flea market in Prescott, Az. about 6 years ago and I came across an original Soundwave w/ Cassette in the Original box with the missles still attached and the stickers still on the sheet. The box was beat up a little. The flap was folded backwards, but one side was still sealed with tape. I sold it about 3 years ago and regretted doing so. I contacted the ebay member and asked if I could buy it back. When I got it, it was missing the sticker sheet. The missles were off of the tree and the stickers on the cassette were different colors from one wing to the other wing. I am sure that this is the same box, but I could have possibly been given back a different Soundwave, cassette and missles. Oh well. :-( I'm not griping but rather sharing a rather pleasant experience in flea market shopping. :) 

On another side note: I am trying to collect all of the titanium series, but are they only being sold at the TRU's or do other stores like Target or Walmart carry them? Also, I have been looking for the Alternators, but every store I go to they always have the exact same ones that were in there the week before. It's like they (stores) don't put new ones in until the old ones are sold. I never saw the Prime Ram truck and I had to buy it off of ebay.

I live in NW Indiana, does anyone know where to find good stores in that area that might actually carry Transformers. I am really into the G1, G1 reissues, Titaniums, Alternators, Classics (even though they aren't out yet).

Boy this was a long first post. Wheeeeewwwww.

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Most stores will be carrying Titanium Transformers in some form. I live in a small town that basically only has Wal-Mart and K-Mart stores for a 60 mile radius. Both K-Mart and Wal-Mart have the 3" figures but I have yet to see the 6". As far as Alternators go, they are hard to find. The last new ones I have found are Rollbar and Ricochet. You may have better luck checking online, but Wal-Mart is getting ready to reset their toy aisles so you may find what you are looking for in a week or two.

3. zuffyprime

zuffyprime It's not easy being green

First off, welcome to the boards...
    these boards are home to some of the friendliest people I've met either on the net or otherwise, if there is a way they can help you out, they definitely will... they did for me when I was new here also...

In answer to your question, Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us are all supposed to carrey the new 6inch transforming titanium line.

As far as stores in your area, I'm not sure, but you might try and see if you can get a hold of john or karl harman online, as they are the founders of the ORIGINAL botcon transformers convention that they used to have every year in fort wayne indiana.

Alternative, (and more reliable options) to buying from e-bay are to go to some of the more popular toy stores. Bigbadtoystore is a good one that I've dealt with. Actionhq I haven't dealt with, but I've heard good things about them also. You will be able to find most of your alternators etc... through those stores.

Which G1 re-issues doe you need?
    I have the following Re-issues MISB: (Mint in Sealed Box)
    1) Silverstreak (aka Bluestreak)
    2) Smokescreen
    I also have a Hoist that is in mint condition, missles still on tree etc...box is a little beat up though
    3) I have a loose G1 sunstreaker. no accessories.

Lastly you can check the "sightings" thread for your local area ie) Indiana.
    When different people go to their respective targets, walmarts, trus in the area, crusising for toys, they post and tell you what's on the shelves, so it saves you going there yourself.

hope this helps, take care,
    zuffyprime

4. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    frog boy:these boards are home to some of the friendliest people I've met either on the net or otherwise

you got that right frog boy!

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    You were correct. They don't put out new alternators until the old ones sell.

Welcome to the boards by the way.

6. omega knight

News Credits:
    what they dont!!!!!!!!!thats why my walart has that blue box car still there !!am I gonna have to buy that thing before Ii can get to prime and mirage!!!

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I always thought it was common knowledge. So unless you guys are just yanking my chain, I was wrong about that.

The alts are an assortment. They order by the case and get whatever the warehouse sends them. The computers in each store keep track of the inventory. When it drops below a certain level, it automatically reorders. So until the old ones sell low enough to get reordered, they don't get reordered.

9. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Thanks, I just ordered him. That's one less to look for. My luck is that he'll be a shelf warmer later and I'll have just wasted about $3 because of shipping.

Now if Amazon would just fill my order for Prime and Mirage, I'd be caught up.

10. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Yep, posted a thread on that a few minutes ago. For those who have not read it or the Nemesis Prime thread remember the comic2006 code for the 10% off. You will only save $2 but better some money than none.

11. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Don't hold your breath. The first thread I posted in the 2005 Boards was on that subject. I e-mailed Amazon.com about my Prime, Mirage, and Primus order and they canceled it. They told me in an e-mail that because of the split with Toys R Us that not all orders could be filled. If you ordered in July then chances are you will meet the same fate as I. Good thing I went to K-Mart for my Primus and Wal-Mart.com for Prime and Mirage. I have Mirage but Prime is on Backorder.

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards, skyline_g35!

You may want to ask an associate to scan the "blue box" Alt, and see if they still carry Alternators. I have about 5 Wal Marts around me, and all but one have stopped carrying them. And if you want Prime and Mirage, you gotta check every day. seriously. I go to Target every day and those two don't last more than one day after they put 'em out

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I can't find a customer service email at amazon.com to find out. What did you send it to? customerservice@amazon.com?

14. Deathx360

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if that link will work so I went and looked up the way I did it before by following the links. What you should do is log in to your account, go to the help section and click on where's my stuff. Once you so this there is a link to the left that says e-mail us, click it and when you follow the steps shown you will be able to go through your orders and can ask a question about the one you want. Hope this helps and that you have better luck than I did.

15. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as some of the older Alternators go, I'd check the Junkion exchange forums, as well as BST at Allspark.com. You can sometimes find folks unloading quite a few at a time, and may be able to bargain with them. Be prepared to pay a bit for sime of 'em (Swerve and Dead End come to mind), but you'll generally find cheaper prices than eBay. Oh, and if you're looking for a complete set, don't forget about the limited edition Nemesis Prime just released. For that, I'm afraid, you may have to go the eBay route to get the best deal.

-Tony!
    Not selling any of his complete Alt. collection, and has Nemmy Prime on the way.

16. omega knight

News Credits:
    grr that stupid blue box car with flames is the only one weve seen aroun dhere for mounths!

17. Deathx360

News Credits:
    What blue box car are you talking about? The only ones that come to mind are Smokescreen, Hound, Silverstreak, and Deadend and none of them have flames. Still I wish you luck in finding new ones soon, maybe some people will buy them soon for Christmas presents since that time of the year is coming very soon.

18. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I think he means Skids...

19. skyline_g35

skyline_g35 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have had to use BigBadToystores.com and Action-HQ. I was able to get the Nemesis from Action before it went out of stock. As for the Prime I got that from BBToystores.com. I do have the Masterpiece collection as well. Well, not Optimus, but I do have 2 of Ultra Magnus. I usually like to buy 2 of each. One to open and one to keep sealed up. I miss the old days where you could walk into a K-Mart or Sears and buy an original Thundercracker or Gears or Soundwave. You could walk in and have your choice. Not anymore.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Thats exactly what he means. Scion Xb=Box Car