I am a bona-fied MORON, and I'm screwed for life.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paladin, May 11, 2007.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I know I'm probably rambling and whining, but I don't care, I need to vent.

This was a terrible year at college for me. No matter what I did, I worked my hardest and thought I could pull through.

But I just saw my grades.

And I'm selected for academic dismissal.

I don't have any idea what to do right now. My life is ruined. What am I going to tell my parents? How can I get a decent job now? How could I have been so STUPID??!!

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Maybe what you put as your "location" in your profile tempted fate? :lol 

All joking aside, I really can't offer any advice. I never went to college, so I can't relate. Good luck to you though with whatever you have to do.

3. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

wow...
    Just wow...

I am sorry to hear that. I wish I had any piece of advice to give you.

4. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

How could something like this have been a total surprise?

5. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    IT wasn't exactly total. I'd just been waiting to see my final grades. I thought I'd done well. I was wrong.

God.... mothers day is right around the corner. This is gonna break her heart....

6. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Were you on academic probation?

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    College is overated. What is your major?

8. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I know how you feel. This year was not a good year for me. I was on the verge of getting kicked out myself. I told my advisor why i got bad grades and she gave me a chance. Just in case if you're asking what my reason was, it was not my fault last qtr that i got bad grades because my professors were gay with the grading. I knew all the material and i could have kicked ass. They graded hard on my midterms, my hw, and my labs. My advisor gave a chance to appeal the dismissal and I did. A couple days later, i was informed that my dismissal was overruled under the condition that i have to kick ass this quarter. There are many options when facing AP
    i have a friend who got kicked out and he got himself back in. It's not over til you say it's over. You just need to hang in there and figured out a way to do this despite what you are facing. PM me if you wanna talk more about this. If I can do it and my friend can do it, so can you.

9. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what I once told someone in the same situation as you: "Don't despair, there's always next year…"

10. NemesisPrime

NemesisPrime Banned

All you need is a second chance, which I'm sure you will get if you ask, and explain. We all have faith in the fact you can pull yourself out of this....it's not the end of anything....

Don't give up...

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I was put on academic probation at the end of my freshman year. I spoke to my advisor immediately and set forth a plan to get me back on track.

From that meeting on, I made Dean's List numerous times.

My question is, were you on probation all this time and if you were, did you speak with your advisor? I don't think I've ever heard of a university go straight to an academic dismissal before putting a student on probation first.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hey, it's not the end of the world. I got kicked out too! :D  And after a semester's worth of credits at a community college where I got straight A's, they offered me a chance to come back and I pretty much decided to take my money somewhere else where I'd be happy going to school.

Still haven't found that place yet, but hey, getting work experience now.

Your parents will be upset, but they'll be more upset if you don't tell them sooner rather than later.

13. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Eh. Been there. Done that.

14. Zerus

Zerus Banned

i was kicked out of college too . so on my last day, i asked my professor out. Me and her had a great time minus the whole " teacher-student" thing!

15. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    See, now i wish I had thought of that. Except... the best looking professor i had was a man in his mid-sixties. I don't think we were very compatable...

16. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I am also getting screwed in school. In order to keep my scholarship for the University I applied to, I have to keep my 80% average. And I always have a habit of failing English exams, mainly due to lack of time.

17. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Ummm... it's school, mate. It will always be there. You can basically try again whenever you like. Relax. Put it in perspective.

18. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have gone to college. I had a full scholorship and grants but I couldn't keep the grades up. I should have gone to a trade school and took dental assistant or something like that. I wouldn't be dealing with the job I have now. Remember colleges want your money so chances of them kicking you out wouldn't be the first thing on their mind. Looking back on it the girls that I started with will be graduating in a year or so. They'll have a degree and I have nothing except Board of Pharmacy credits. They did well with their grades once I left (maybe I was a bad influence). One took art and the other is majoring in Spanish (this is a little unfair since she is fluent in Portuguese). It's like an American learning to speak like the British. NOT THAT HARD! And let's face it, it is really hard to fail at an art class unless your professor is a total b*tch. Hang in there, I wouldn't give up hope.

19. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join the Army!

...yeah, probably not.

20. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

You either want to get a degree or you don't.

It's up to you, and this couldn't have been a surprise. Most places don't boot kids off of one bad semester.

I'm glad I got my degrees. It means that, on any even playing field (which it usually isn't, because I ace interviews), I'm better than the competition.