i am a bit worried about city commander reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by guard convoy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ok, a while back this was made known to us that FansProjects was doing the reissue of city commander and an upgrade kit, and it had a suggested release date of October of this year. well sure a lot of us ordered the preorder. what has me worried you ask? at the fact that we have not heard anything about said release since the preorders came out. heck we haven't even seen what the new gun looks like in plastic form.....I don't think it will be ready by october.....and ugh i don't think i can take another month of waiting

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, there are fewer parts to engineer and just a reuse of the mold itself. You wouldn't think it would be late, but then again the g3 trailer and superion kit came later than expected. But I believe that was actually due to the shipping practices.

I'd say just try to be patient brotha :thumb  it's worth the wait

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i am trying to be patient, but it is hard when i have barely any patients :lol 

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'm not worried. It's going to come out eventually so be happy that we're even getting it at a very decent price!

5. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

From what I've noticed, Fansproject stuff usually comes out 1-2 months later than originally announced. So it wouldn't surprise me if it was more like Nov/Dec. It's well worth the wait though. Their products are top notch. I have the upgrade on pre-order since I already have the armor, and I'm really looking forward to it. But I don't mind if it's a couple months late. I'm just looking froward to pre-orders for the Protector armor.

6. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

This is why I never pre-order, I don't like the idea of spending money, then only getting your return a few months later (although, it can technically feel like a free toy depending on how much time has passed).

I wouldn't worry, and I expect it to be late. Kapow says it'll be here September/October, which makes me think I might just try and buy a 1st ed. City Commander for when my Magnus arrives (hopefully soon) and order the upgrades at a later point. But then I think that'll be extra money (depending). Actually, about that, from what I've seen the kit will only cost you yanks around $80 or $90, which is damn cheap compared to the £75 I'll be forking out.

Be patient, it's Fansproject, it's usually late, but from my experience with the Superion kit, well worth the wait!

Although, I do feel like....well I'm not sure. Because this is not the original City Commander set, it's like I'm not part of "the group" who got the thing when it came out, instead I have the reissued one because demand was so high. Oh well.

7. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Except if you pre-order from BBTS, you don't pay until the item is in stock.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    with the repaints it seems like they are always pretty close to when it says it will come out, sucks that our original ones don't have the holes for the guns in alt mode, but oh well, it's not like i display it in alt mode anyways, and the gun looks killer

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ii thought they were going to include some way for the missile launchers to work with the original version in vehicle mold? maybe a clip or something? forgot where i read that

10. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

That's pretty cool about BBTS and pre-orders. I suppose if the re-issue has been redesigned to incorporate the new weapons in Alt. mode, I can wait.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PC has holes in the sides to hold the launchers, the other versions of the mold do not

12. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm pretty sure the new version has the holes for alt mode.
    I think it is all the same molds...just updated as FP make improvements.
    I'm so ready for the upgrade to be released.
    I'll then have all 3 commander sets and the superion upgrade...my FP shelf will look NICE!