Hypothetical situation. Need cashiers/store manager insight.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TranstechCat, May 4, 2009.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Transtech, I came up with this idea, I deserve some credit!

Anyway, what I originally said was bring your kid/little cousin with you, so they get all excited and open the toy. Then, it won't make you look conspicuous and how could they deny a cute kid?

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    why not just go to one of the self check out places and run a universe or animated figure (whichever is the same price) under the scanner and put the rotf figure in ur bag instead. even if the employees say something to you you can just say you decided that you didnt want the other, they most likely don't know the difference. doesnt seem all that hard to me

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    they could still come after you for not controlling the kid so still a bad idea and you could get hit with a charge of contributing to the delequency of a minor if it comes out that you put the kid up to it or that you used to kid to try the scam

people just wait, bring pepper spray and a club so you can effectively fight :duel  for the ones you want , but wait

( honestly leave the clubs and pepper spray at home)

4. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

Run a quick Google on ticket-switching, then consider those consequences.

5. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:

Well, at least then, you have a receipt for the orignal purchase. In this case, there hasn't been a purchase made at all...

6. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or you could just buy them in three weeks when they are in flooding any and every single store that sells Transformers. You are going to have two years worth of Hasbro flooding the shelves with ROTF crap, so why try so hard to get them right this second? Everyone just relax and stop scheming. They will be clogging the pegs in no time.

7. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

You're right, sorry.

*points to him* He came up with the idea.

Unfortunately I have no little kids to use though... so I adapted it.

8. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why is it dumb?

9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

just wait for the street date buddy. It's stupid to get banned and or arrested over a toy.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did somebody say hypothetical situation?! :O

But yeah, there are lots of elaborate plans one could come up with, but the toys will be purchasable in like 3 weeks. :lol 

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    ""Ticket switching" occurs when a shopper switches a less expensive price tag from an item and attaches it to a more expensive item. The security guard accuses you of "ticket switching" and summarily dismisses your protestation and any explanation. Although no law enforcement is called, at the conclusion of the mortifying experience you are told to expect a civil notice of a fine by mail, and to never return to the store"

really not much different than what the guy who started this thread would be getting if he followed his plan, though if the item you switch is the same price, im not really sure that it would be considered ticket switching

I don't want rotf figs anyway, so it really doesnt matter to me. Im not suggesting they do this as 3 weeks are nothing, I was just giving another hypothetical option to the guy who started the thread.

12. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    the only way to ring it up it cover the old upc with one from a different figure....def not the way to go though

13. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    It's the equivalent of opening the Lucky Charms to see if you're a winner as you stand in the cereal aisle.

And according to most management, it's called "petty larceny".

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My face is sore as hell from feeling the need to palm it every time I visit the boards...

Wait the three weeks. Jesus Christ.

15. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

If they're going to go so far as ticket switch, they might as well go the whole way and stuff it down their pants and run for the door! In the case of WalMart, I've noticed near the garden centers security seems more lax.... Not that I advocate shoplifting or theft against evil corporations.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Garden center security is always horrible. I remember one time I waited like 5 minutes at a target checkstand while the guy was helping somebody on the oppisite end of the garden center. THe exit was like 4 feet away...I have to admit I thought saying f*ck it and leaving with my stuff but its just not worth the trouble

17. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Here is an idea.

Put the items on laybuy (you may call it lay-away), you can tell the sales person that it is ok because they will be staying in the shop.

Come back the next day and pay your balance, because the items are not scanned individually they will not show up as not to be sold. When you leave the items will probably be wrapped in black plastic so no questions will be asked.