Hypothetical Question #1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by froggy124, May 15, 2012.

1. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I used to have a great time asking my ex coworker/friend hypothetical questions. I guess it was just really interesting to know what he would do in various imaginary situations. Some questions were a little too risque to mention on these boards but Id really like to try it here with all of you.
    Of course the questions would be PG rated and follow the board rules but if this thread becomes popular enough, I might update it with a new question every week.

Ok, lets move onto the question.

Heres the situation:

Situation ONE (For everyone)
    You go to a toy store and discover the figure you have been wanting for AGES!!! Its a miracle! You cant believe it but its there right infront of you. All you need to do is walk five meters, grab it and its all yours. For examples sake its an FE Bulkhead or FE OP or whatever you most want at this point in time. Even better, its on SALE and there is only one left.
    As you are about to grab it, another pair of hands goes for it too(you dont notice because you are still too excited) and at the very same time both your and the other persons hands touch the same figure. Its a draw!!!
    You look onto the person and its a five year old boy, and his mother is standing behind him.

What do you do? Remember, other children and parents are around too.

Situation TWO (For single men only)
    Same situation, replace the child with a gorgeous woman single or not, you dont know.(No mom)

What do you do?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Situation one: I'll give the toy to the kid. There's always eBay; if I want something that bad, I won't mind saving up to pay scalper prices.

Situation two doesn't apply for me right now, but I can tell you what would have happened if I were single - I can still remember how my mind worked back then. I would've opened a conversation with a semi-friendly "This is a bit of a dilemma now, isn't it?" and steered things based on her reaction. Bitchy response? I'm outta there with the toy, no ifs, ands or buts; you aren't gonna stop me. Civil response? We settle it like civilized people, perhaps over a coin toss. And perhaps I try to keep the conversation going with a "Are you a collector like me, too? It's always great to encounter a fellow collector" type line.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Roshambo for em both accounts.

Fuck you implausibly attractive female collector, you know how many tru's ive looked for this deluxe vehicon?!!

4. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Yeah, what Natch said. Just give it up and move on to the next figure, it's not like the world's gonna end without that single figure.

5. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Little kid: I'd give it to him. I mean, chances are that it'll matter more to them & me, and I'll be able to get it online either way.

Hot woman: I'd probably end up giving it up too, regardless of whether or not it works as a good ice breaker or not.

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Little Kid: Let him have it.

Hot woman: Let her have it and make attempt to get her phone number and a date.

7. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't know how else to go about those. Like, you're not gonna snipe a little kid, and it'd almost be worse to make up a story about it being for your child or something to avoid being the evil manchild. Then for the woman, passing up the chance to get her number outa this would simply be a waste.

8. froggy124

News Credits:
    I second "get her number" for all you single men out there!

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Situation #1 - Kid gets it, without question or hesitation, regardless of whether the parent is there or not. When it comes to acquiring toys, kids have priority over adult collectors every time.

- Situation #2 - Don't care if the woman's attractive or not, that's not a factor that holds any weight for me, so it would depend on my mood. If I'm in a good mood, then I'd probably just suggest we flip a coin or paper-rock-scissors for it. If I'm in a bad mood? Then fuck her, it's mine. And I'd do basically the same thing if the other person was a man.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  10. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Guess we could always keep the toy, but offer to let her come over & play with it...

11. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I let the kid have the toy he young and I am sure I can find it on the bored or some where else.

I am not male so if it was me against another female collecter.Tough cookies chick its mine.

If it was a hot guy still tough cookies man its mine :EVIL LAUGH: Asexual and Proud of it haha.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Little kid: *spits on quarter and rolls it down the aisle. "Go get it boy!"
    (when he picks it up he'll drop it & be like ew man)

Hot chick: She's probably picking it up for her bf, so yeah, pick her up and throw her over the aisle.

If the parents or bf get mad, just put on those Hulk Smash hands and yell like Tyrese "Bring It!"

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Pfff. Easy:

Situation 1: I let the kid have it. I mean, he will appreciate it more than i will. ;) 

Situation 2: screw her, its mine. XD

14. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

Situation one: The kid gets it. Period. I'm not into making children cry. Being a girl I might chat a bit and tell him how awesome the toy is and how much fun he or she will have with it.

Situation two: I'm a chick. So, unless this other chick is getting this figure to buy for a child it will be a cat fight in the middle of the store. Nah, I'm kidding. I'm not that bad. I would be an adult and say hey I've been trying to get this for a while blah blah. See if we can come to an adult decision... or I would lie my ass off and say my kid has been wanting this for his birthday so bad and I just can't go home without it or he will be so upset!

Now... if it were a hot GUY instead of a chick in my case. I would say screw the toy and concentrate more on getting some conversation in and maybe an exchanging of numbers. I can get the toy some other way but finding a hot guy, who collects and I can have a blast with is much harder these days.

15. froggy124

News Credits:
    Im sorry ladies, where are my manners. Works for our lady members too, you get a hot guy instead of the kid and hot girl.

16. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Yeah, was waiting for the extended invitation ;) 

Young kids: Of course he can have it. No brainer, easy peasy Japanesy, no possible other path for me to take.....blah blah.

Hot chick: Meh, I will hopefully have my 4 year old son with me.....and hopefully the chick will be like me and not be able to say no to a child (my son is also very cute). I'll choke back tears and then gulp before launching into my story about how i'm a single mum and all my little boy wants is this toy....after losing his father....blah blah :D 

Hot man: I'll try and insert some witty conversation starter, fail miserably and he'll either think i'm cute or weird ;)  Hopefully he'll take pity on me and let me keep the toy :D  And maybe i'll undress him with my eyes......

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Situation #1: I'd take the figure. Sod the little kid. He's hypothetical anyway. He can have one of the many Bumblebees on the pegs instead as it's what he really wants according to Hasbro. I'm sure he'll quickly get over any disappointment he might feel at the time.

Situation #2: I have a girlfriend already so this woman can piss off as well.

Last year maybe I'd have been kinder on both counts but this year I'm less interested in what other people want unless they're family or friends.

18. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

situation one: let the kid have it. you never know, the mom could be a single parent.

situation two: proceed with this comment "sit on my face until i die."

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Pfft, all you pansies giving the toy to the little kid. PANSIES!

Kid: "Thanks mister, I am going to go take this and put it on EBay. I saw these are worth $100+ mom! Now I could buy those Justin Bieber tickets I wanted"

As for the hot chick, let's just say I have a better chance having pigs fly out my ass then a hot chick buying TFers for herself in a store and your situation happening. If it did, then I would say, "your hot, so I am sure you get everything you want anyway. So I will teach you a lesson, and this time you won't be, SNATCH..."

20. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Situation 1: Give the toy to the kid. It's meant for him anyways.

Situation 2: Let the girl take it unless she just grabs another toy. To me it's just a toy, but for all I know the girl is buying it for her cousin or something.

I can survive without a toy. Letting someone else buy it might just make someone's day.