Hypothetical Combat Scenario 1: Quintesson Rescue Mission

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Tyjos, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

-This is not an RPG, just an scenario to see how you'd work it out using what is set up in this post-

You are a typical Autobot Grunt.

You've been given orders from Ultra Magnus to rescue a captive Quintesson who has information vital to Cybertron's Survival.

The Target area is a fortified Decepticon Outpost, VERY fortified. Regular assault would be suicide. And Galvatron himself is at this fortress, knowing this will lure Autobots into his grasp so he can destroy them [Which is typical Galvatron]

You are ordered to use Stealth on this Mission, your squad of Autobots is made up of at least 6 other bots, each one armed with different weapons. You however are limited in what weapons you can carry into the field since you're going to be rescuing the Quintesson.

Your Force will be dropped a short distance away from the Fortress cause the cons will blow the dropship you're in to slag if you're spotted.

You are limited to one heavy weapon [not your own weapons mind you] and limit of what ammunition you can carry. You'll have to sneak through sensor nets and minefields as well as underground caverns that have some rather nasty lifeforms.....

Build your assault unit using Generation 1 Only Characters [That's 6 bots no more than that and you have to have ones that are good for stealth]

How do you plan your attack and escape to the retrieval zone?

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Team Bumblebee up with Blurr to gather intel. The former's specialty is espionage and he's presumably small and light enough to be either carried or ride inside the latter. By working together, they should be able to scout ahead and find several of the traps and obstacles we'd have to get past. Plus, Blurr's Electro-Laser would allow us to neutralize enemies silently since it freezes them in place.

Since we're talking stealth here, Hound and Mirage are no-brainers. Holographic projection and invisibility would be tremendous assets. In the worst case scenario, having a sniper/marksman like Mirage would also be tremendously useful.

I'd also add Roadbuster since he's the designated Autobot ground assault commander, armored, armed up the wazoo, and probably has a lot of experience with commando missions like this.

Rounding out my party would be Blaster, who can monitor communications and quickly tell us if the crap hits the fans. Plus, picking him allows me to circumvent the six bot rule since he has between four and six minicassettes stored in his chest compartment who can serve as backup and aid with tracking, data storage and analysis, and steath maneuvers. :D 

I'm not sure what you mean by one heavy weapon that isn't my own, though. Care to specify?

3. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Heavy Weapon is specified as being a frontal assault weapon, you gotta have something to help you blow away anyone that gets in your way since you'll be carrying the Quintesson out.....cause chances are once you get the Quint out, it no longer is a Stealth Mission the Mission Objective switches to Getting the Quintesson out, even if the other bots in your team are slagged escaping the Fortress the Quintesson MUST Survive.

And an added fun bit, writers looking to have an idea can use this and turn it into a story.

The Hypothetical Scenerio Threads I will be posting I hope can spark some ideas for you Transformers Fanfiction writers.