Hybrid Prime

Discussion in 'Junkion Exchange Feedback' started by Hybrid Prime, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razin

razin Well-Known Member

I'm only out $40 worth, but none the less it needs to be stopped. Make sure u file a complaint with IC3 or Lafayette police.

2. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Okay, I can see where the guys doing a straight up trades can be angry for not receiving their stuff.

However, for those that did monetary transactions...

Why in the blue hell would you send items first without receiving payment?! That's just asking for trouble.

Not trying to kick any of you while you're down or anything so apologies in advance for coming off like a jerkface.

3. razin

razin Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure all of the transactions were trades.

4. adamthered

News Credits:
    Okay. I'm probably reading the value as actual money. In that case, carry on. I only stopped by out of curioustiy after reading about this in the MN sightings thread.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

The items we trade are worth cash. And it doesn't matter what the value is, it's still an honor system and it's theft if he doesn't do his end of the deal. Doesn't matter if it's $50 dollar figure, or $500 dollars worth of figures, or even $5 bucks for that matter.

6. Grendel1979

Grendel1979 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow interesting reading. Dodged a bullet. Was supposed to ship my items today (G1 Jetfire and Red Alert). Not to defend the guy, but was he attempting to do some sort of daisey chain trade? I see a lot of similiar items (G1 Jetfire, Windchargers, MP Grimlock, etc)

7. Tigertrack

Sounds like it, I was promised one of those MISB Jetfire's that I could've sold for a good amount.
    I already have a beautiful G1 Jetfire, but no box. I wanted the boxed one to sell for some cash.
    Is it possible he could've had 3-5 MIB Jetfires? Sure, it's possible. But sending 5 or so people the same exact tracking number?

8. adamthered

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get that completely. It's wrong either way. I just read some posts incorrectly that made it seem like people sent items and were expecting to be paid and not waiting for items in return because it was a trade. Mistake on my part.

In the end, I hope that everybody gets either a) their stuff back and an apology or b) sweet, sweet revenge.

9. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing. He was trying to trade stuff that he would be getting from other members before he got them....

anyone promised G1 Thundercracker with no stickers applied?

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was promised an MP-04 & 05 and I don't think anyone sent them in as a trade.

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I sent him 2 Perceptors for a Warpath and Wheeljack. He said he shipped it last Wednesday or Thursday. Since I'm in the UK it may take time to arrive, however for my first trade on these boards I am very disappointed.

12. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Last Thursday he and I worked out a trade where I would receive United Frenzy and Rumble, a Warpath, reissue Insecticons, and Legends Megatron for the ROTF Bruticus Maximus I had. We exchanged addresses and he said he shipped on Friday. I didn't have time to ship Friday afternoon, and I don't do any business on Saturday, so I told him I'd mail Bruticus on Monday, which he was fine with.

Come Monday morning and I look at the Delivery Confirmation number he gave me, and it shows Out For Delivery. In Ada, Michigan. For reference, I live in Tennessee, and having been here for over fifteen years I'm not in the habit of accidentally giving the wrong state when handing out my address. I PMed him and he said he'd check through his DC numbers because the post office had been very busy and not marked the ZIP codes down on the slips. My post office sometimes does that too, so it sounded plausible. Over 24 hours pass without contact, and I send another message. When he later responded he told me the post office told him there had been a "glitch" but my package should arrive as expected by the 18th. Which was yesterday, and it didn't. PMed to inform him as such and got no response. Today's mail has also come and gone with no sign of parcel, but today his PM box is full. Trying to determine when he was last active on here is what led me to this thread and I am seriously thanking God that I wasn't able to ship my half of the trade out before I realized there was a problem.

I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt at first. I know tracking numbers can he hard to keep up with sometimes, and I'm not always the greatest about answering communication. But when there's 37 of you before me here it kind of gives me pause. So far the tracking number I got (0309 2880 0002 0324 2085) seems to be the least repeated. Not that it seems to help anything. I'm really sorry for everyone who lost stuff in this mess, and I hope that it can somehow still be resolved for all of you.

13. Tigertrack

Well tomorrow is the day he promised resolution. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.
    He also told me the post office system had a "glitch". Personally, I think HE was the glitch.

14. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Its people like this guy that ruin it for everyone. Between him and thor20, i'm reluctant to do any kind of trading. People are seriously effed up. Why steal? I just dont get it. I wish it wasnt against forum policies to post PM exchanges cause I'd do it. There is no honor in people like this. I hope you respond tomorrow Jay!

15. vectorsigma2

vectorsigma2 Well-Known Member

HI there my stuff says it was delievered to Blaine Washington but I am in Canada
    whomever got a package that has ehobby astrotrain that was suppose to go to me

16. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think I was the only one who also got the Michigan Number, but I guess I was wrong.

The number of people now posting is absurdly high. We have almost over 30 members who have traded within the last week or so with this guy and there is literally no chance he has everything everyone wanted. It looks like he just skimmed the selling threads for good stuff and sent everyone a PM. He was in contact with over 30 members and I already sent out like 10 of them myself just discussing things.

17. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Nice as that might be, since we all got one of four tracking numbers it's unlikely the stuff you were promised went anywhere. Assuming Jason ever had some of the stuff in the first place.

18. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
  19. MrBurns

MrBurns Well-Known Member

So is this thread going to be locked? I would still like people to post opinions and comments especially if they hear any news.

20. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I think this thread may still be ongoing... The new thread will just have all the information dealing with Hybrid Prime only because the other 2 threads are now full of comments and opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.